GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 40 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 68]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:A lot of German hockey people believe that Marco Sturm will be calling Stützle’s name in October. I refuse to believe that and it certainly doesn’t change my BPA rankings.

I’d be extremely happy if Stutzle goes to LA and have been very vocal about LA needing a W and teams drafting this year more than ever based on positional need in the early going.

I posted the other day that LA's depth at center is insane and Kopitar is signed for four more years. They have fagemo and kaliyev on the wings but wouldn't Stutzle looks great in their top six as well?

Yup, I saw that. I was all over it on June 27th when I posted this

Lagoon wrote:Sure, we’ll see. LA has the 2 spot and has no use for a C ranked at 3 and when they already have
• Kopitar
• Turcotte
• Vilardi
• Madden
• JAD
• Kupari
• Thomas
So I guess we will see if they take a C ranked 3rd, when they desperately need a W or D.

And this on draft night on the 26th

Lagoon wrote:Our only hope is the Kings realizing they already have insane C’s and C depth in their prospect pool and they actually take Drysdale or a W.

It’s still Byfield though.

Great minds they say. Ahhhhh!
a lot of people are putting question marks on Turcotte these days.

by the time Byfield is ready for 1st line duties (2-3 years in LA), Kopitar will be on the decline.

ask yourself this. if you were LA, who would you pick? i'd obviously pick Byfield no matter the depth i have.  

Byfield 100 times over.

Some of those posts I quoted were in reply to people pretending that Stutzle is #2.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:A lot of German hockey people believe that Marco Sturm will be calling Stützle’s name in October. I refuse to believe that and it certainly doesn’t change my BPA rankings.

I’d be extremely happy if Stutzle goes to LA and have been very vocal about LA needing a W and teams drafting this year more than ever based on positional need in the early going.

I posted the other day that LA's depth at center is insane and Kopitar is signed for four more years. They have fagemo and kaliyev on the wings but wouldn't Stutzle looks great in their top six as well?

Yup, I saw that. I was all over it on June 27th when I posted this

Lagoon wrote:Sure, we’ll see. LA has the 2 spot and has no use for a C ranked at 3 and when they already have
• Kopitar
• Turcotte
• Vilardi
• Madden
• JAD
• Kupari
• Thomas
So I guess we will see if they take a C ranked 3rd, when they desperately need a W or D.

And this on draft night on the 26th

Lagoon wrote:Our only hope is the Kings realizing they already have insane C’s and C depth in their prospect pool and they actually take Drysdale or a W.

It’s still Byfield though.

Great minds they say. Ahhhhh!
a lot of people are putting question marks on Turcotte these days.

by the time Byfield is ready for 1st line duties (2-3 years in LA), Kopitar will be on the decline.

ask yourself this. if you were LA, who would you pick? i'd obviously pick Byfield no matter the depth i have.  

Byfield 100 times over. He’s in a tier above the rest. The 3-11 (although I can break those 8 down in two tiers), is where I can see drafting to fill positional needs.

Some of those posts I quoted were in reply to people pretending that Stutzle is #2.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Not that I think Raymond is the sure fire pick at 5, but passing on him for Rossi would be terrible. Raymond has a much higher ceiling, much more explosive offensively. Rossi probably has a higher floor but huge question marks in my opinion. But if we get Byfield they can pick whoever they want, I don’t care. Byfield is a guaranteed #1 centre, Rossi won’t be one IMO but he wouldn’t have to be.

that's really just a matter of opinion. I've been listening to quite a few podcasts interviewing scouts and there is a polarity out there on how good Raymond will actually be. people do love his speed but there are questions about whether he can put it all together and be a top-line winger.

I'll agree that Rossi's floor is likely higher but I would be surprised if he's not what I've got him pegged at. and those three things are all areas of needs for this franchise.
I don't think this franchise has anyone locked as a very good 2nd line C as a lower projection.
Norris might be that guy but he still may be just a very good 3C or adequate 2C.

As for Brown... who knows. I'd be hugely surprised if he's top line. at this rate, we'll be lucky if he's a 2C. if even an NHLer. he might not have the wheels, drive, and pace for the NHL.

Raymond to me, is a superstar. He’s got it all. He’s clutch. He’s dynamic. His ceiling is extremely high.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Maybe Dorion is high on Stutzle. Who knows

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Maybe Dorion is high on Stutzle. Who knows

you can safely assume he's 2 or 3 on their list.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think there's any doubt we're walking away with Stutzle or Byfield at #3. I get that people like to be cute and overthink the draft, but we're taking the best player available at 3.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Maybe Dorion is high on Stutzle. Who knows

you can safely assume he's 2 or 3 on their list.

I’d rather not, thanks.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:I don't think there's any doubt we're walking away with Stutzle or Byfield at #3.  I get that people like to be cute and overthink the draft, but we're taking the best player available at 3.  

We’ll see in 4-7 years.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I don't think there's any doubt we're walking away with Stutzle or Byfield at #3.  I get that people like to be cute and overthink the draft, but we're taking the best player available at 3.  

We’ll see in 4-7 years.

That's not what's being argued here.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

He said we are taking the BPA here. That’s absolutely what we are debating, not arguing. Unless we can all agree that the top 3 are Lafreniere, Byfield and Raymond.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:He said we are taking the BPA here. That’s absolutely what we are debating, not arguing. Unless we can all agree that the top 3 are Lafreniere, Byfield and Raymond.

You've made your thoughts clear. You don't need to keep harping on the same point. You will be proven wrong, and I look forward to that, but you don't need to keep repeating yourself right now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

AJ Jakubec
@TheSuperAJ
20 min
Talked to scouts/management from 4 NHL teams & 2 connected to DEL. I never said he’s 100% going to LA. But there’s a strong sense they take him at 2 IF he’s still available. There’s a belief some play-in teams have Stutzle & Byfield at 1. Thanks for coming out though #Credibility

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I may not agree with Lagoon but he makes a fair argument. Having watched Stutzle in those exhibition games I can't disagree with most of the points Lagoon identified. Where I disagree (of you can then call it that) is I think nearly all players his age have serious flaws to their game she that's where coaching comes in. The Germans aren't very good at hockey at this point in time, but they are improving; and I would argue that their coaching is further back than their skills, when compared to Canada, USA, Russia, Finland, Sweden. I think when Stutzle comes here he will improve. It's too early to say there will be 7 players better than him in this draft.

That said, I certainly hope the Kings take him and we get gifted with Byfield.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:AJ Jakubec
@TheSuperAJ
20 min
Talked to scouts/management from 4 NHL teams & 2 connected to DEL. I never said he’s 100% going to LA. But there’s a strong sense they take him at 2 IF he’s still available. There’s a belief some play-in teams have Stutzle & Byfield at 1. Thanks for coming out though #Credibility

I could only imagine a team not taking Laf because they would need a bonafide number 1C prospect.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Laf is going 1. No question.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:AJ Jakubec
@TheSuperAJ
20 min

I think it was a couple days ago I mentioned that most Germans involved in hockey at any level, believe that Stutzle is going to LA.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Laf is going 1. No question.

He’s a gift for those calibre of teams that you don’t even think about re-gifting

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:He said we are taking the BPA here. That’s absolutely what we are debating, not arguing. Unless we can all agree that the top 3 are Lafreniere, Byfield and Raymond.

You've made your thoughts clear.  You don't need to keep harping on the same point.  You will be proven wrong, and I look forward to that, but you don't need to keep repeating yourself right now.

Thanks Wendy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 40 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum