GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+8
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

If he's going to add another Hainsey, no thanks. Maybe DeMelo goes to free agency and gets re-signed by Ottawa.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wouldn’t shock me if the Sens tried to trade for duchene again. He’s basically become a nobody now, so to speak

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Chabot wolanin Boro zaitsev are locks . I think Brann becomes a full timer and they bring in a vet. Carry Reilly as the extra

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:wouldn’t shock me if the Sens tried to trade for duchene again. He’s basically become a nobody now, so to speak
I certainly wouldn’t mind having Duchene back. At this point I think he’s not like Turris though. Some team would still probably pay something nice to have him.

I wonder if Brown and a 2nd rounder would do the trick.
I wonder how Duchene would feel about it. His modified NTC doesn’t kick in until 2023. They have until then to trade him to whoever they want.
They might want to see another season of him and see if they can alter the team in the summer with a bit of an overall

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sorry why would we bring in Duchene? He didn't want to be here

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, why in the fart would we want Duchene? His contract is way too long for the type of player he's shown himself to be. Also, remember that Uber video? He was the main character in that disaster. What a terrible idea to even think of trading for him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Duchene has had the most success here in Ottawa and comes with a cheapish contract with no NTC. If we don't land a star centre in the draft, it's something I'd look at.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sorry but Duchene isn't the player we should be going for. I understand the points being raised but it's not a good fit.

We should be adding players in their mid 20s that are under decent contracts. I know we need help at center but I'd be targeting guys like Nylander, Huberdeau/Barkov, Point, Forsberg,etc.I wouldn't take on a 29 year old Duchene who has 7 years left on his contract. No thank you.

Worst case we can run with Brown as a center for 1-2 years. We have enough center depth with Tierney, Chlapik, Norris, and Brown plus another center from this draft that we can survive without taking on a contract albatross.

Stutzle, Byfield, Lundell, Perfetti, Rossi, Zary are all centers. Chances are we will end up with one of these guys. I wouldn't be rushing to add another one under term anytime soon.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I wouldn't take on a 29 year old Duchene who has 7 years left on his contract. No thank you.

Yeah, I think it's a good thing we never resigned Matt Duchene, similar to Turris - their best years are likely behind them.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hogberg has gone back to Sweden for family reasons. If you look back at the end of the shootout win he looked very emotional and many players have him long hugs. Andy spoke to him at length as well.

Hope whatever it is resolves positively.

Gus called up to backup Andy. Nilsson not ready yet, but he was on the ice today.

Norris sent back to Belleville as he was on emergency recall (however Duclair and White still aren't cleared for Tuesday).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Too bad about Hogberg, hopefully everything's OK.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sorry but Duchene isn't the player we should be going for. I understand the points being raised but it's not a good fit.

We should be adding players in their mid 20s that are under decent contracts. I know we need help at center but I'd be targeting guys like Nylander, Huberdeau/Barkov, Point, Forsberg,etc.I wouldn't take on a 29 year old Duchene who has 7 years left on his contract. No thank you.

Worst case we can run with Brown as a center for 1-2 years. We have enough center depth with Tierney, Chlapik, Norris, and Brown plus another center from this draft that we can survive without taking on a contract albatross.

Stutzle, Byfield, Lundell, Perfetti, Rossi, Zary are all centers. Chances are we will end up with one of these guys. I wouldn't be rushing to add another one under term anytime soon.

worst case scenario is we run with brown until he proves he's incapable of being an NHLer and he loses value as an asset.
you are proposing a lof of other options but the fact is, none of those guys are likely available. and even if they were we'd have to pay a king's ransom. duchene's value is quite low.

fixed

Last edited by Flo The Action on Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

No. Worst case he plays out the next year or two, doesn't cut it and we don't resign him. That to me is the worst case scenario with brown lol

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

White back in the lineup tonight.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:No. Worst case he plays out the next year or two, doesn't cut it and we don't resign him. That to me is the worst case scenario with brown lol

you don't think not maximizing on an assets worth is worst?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so apparently the Sens were eyeing Goldobin close to the deadline.
I wonder what the cost could have been and if it's something they might revisit at the draft when picks are at a premium. I can't see him costing too much even though he's having a good year in AHL.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

We don't need more prospects. We need to turn our picks and cap space into results.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Back at the end of January Dreger said that the Sens were on the short list of 3 teams trying to land Artem Zub. He said he would make his decision following the end of the KHL season. They are 2 games into the quarterfinals, leading 2-0. The team has a legit chance to beat out CSKA for the Gagarin Cup, so his decision won't be known for a while, yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum