GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Some team lacking toughness is going to overspend.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think Boro would love term, so something like the aforementioned $1.8M x 3 seems likely to me.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Yeah so he takes up a LHD spot meaning Brann, Wolanin, Reilly, Englund, Lajoie are all fighting for one spot.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I had a weird epiphany last night. There are a bunch of teams making trades and signing their RFAs to extensions, while Ottawa is sitting idle.

I wonder if Dorion/Melnyk know that the cap floor is going to drop because of COVID, ie: a bunch of teams argue that with no fans in the stands they can't make it. This is especially hard for small market teams. I wonder if the NHL will drop the floor further and we see a lot of players with ELCs on Sens the roster. They don't re-sign Boro, Andy, Hainsey, they move Anisimov, and they nickel and dime Duclair and Tierney. Next year's roster could look totally barebones.

Just a thought - probably not the case though.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I’ve had a lot less likely epiphanies before. Yours isn’t that bad.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Assuming our picks don't make the NHL next season, we're walking into the season with

Tkachuk-L.Brown-Duclair
C.Brown-Tierney-Batherson
Formenton-White-Ryan
Balcers-Anisimov-Norris
Extra: Hawryluk/Paul

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Jaros
Brann-Zub
Extra: Englund

Nilsson
Hogberg

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Assuming our picks don't make the NHL next season, we're walking into the season with

Tkachuk-L.Brown-Duclair
C.Brown-Tierney-Batherson
Formenton-White-Ryan
Balcers-Anisimov-Norris
Extra: Hawryluk/Paul

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Jaros
Brann-Zub
Extra: Englund

Nilsson
Hogberg

there will be new additions for sure

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Yup, all players looking to salvage their careers

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Yup, all players looking to salvage their careers

some players will have no choice to go a bad team in this financial climate.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
My epiphany: Biden “gets COVID” soon and is able to use that as a way to skip all 3 debates.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Well it's hard to envision the Sens drafting 7 players in the first round, so they'll either move up or trade for someone on a team looking to retool. That I agree with. But it'll need to be for someone under a decent contract. I doubt Dorion trades for someone with an expiring contract.

Barkov to me makes a ton of sense. Nick Ehlers is my darkhorse. His girlfriend is from Ottawa

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think Freddy Andersen makes a lot of sense.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:I think Freddy Andersen makes a lot of sense.

pass. Matt Murray makes more sense if we're going for a goaltender then we have a cheap one we can send them back.
Nilsson + a 2nd rounder would be my offer. maybe a B level prospect.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:

pass. Matt Murray makes more sense if we're going for a goaltender then we have a cheap one we can send them back.

Murray would be fine but he is due for a new contract - so is Andersen but he only costs $1 million in actual salary next year. Andersen is much better, too.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Dorion you imbecile, give Pittsburgh whatever they want for McCann. Use some of your picks, because it is nonsensical to use them all.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Murray would be fine but he is due for a new contract - so is Andersen but he only costs $1 million in actual salary next year. Andersen is much better, too.

Seems like the perfect Sens trade IMO. And seems like a good trade for the Leafs who are hard against the cap.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Hey Dorion you imbecile, give Pittsburgh whatever they want for McCann. Use some of your picks, because it is nonsensical to use them all.

Meh player

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah, I've been following McCann for a long time as he's on my pool team. Definitely meh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum