GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+8
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so apparently the Sens were eyeing Goldobin close to the deadline.
I wonder what the cost could have been and if it's something they might revisit at the draft when picks are at a premium. I can't see him costing too much even though he's having a good year in AHL.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

We don't need more prospects. We need to turn our picks and cap space into results.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Back at the end of January Dreger said that the Sens were on the short list of 3 teams trying to land Artem Zub. He said he would make his decision following the end of the KHL season. They are 2 games into the quarterfinals, leading 2-0. The team has a legit chance to beat out CSKA for the Gagarin Cup, so his decision won't be known for a while, yet.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's leading the team's defense in scoring but it's his +/- that is eye opening. He's +35 and the next best (defenseman on the team) is +12.

Sounds like he could replace DeMelo as Chabot's defense-first partner but also pitch in on the offensive side.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:We don't need more prospects. We need to turn our picks and cap space into results.

personally i don't think all our hyped prospects will turn out so i have some interest in one that's pretty much ready to step into the NHL. obviously it depends on the price.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

My opinion and in could change:

Formenton, Norris, Batherson, Wolanin, Hogberg, JBD are going to turn into good NHLers
Brown, Brannstrom, Gustavsson, D'Accord, Jaros, Pinto, Thomson, Kelly, Gruden, will make the NHL but won't meet expectations
Chlapik, Lajoie, Balcers, Abramov, Davidsson, Englund should be used as trade-bait

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:My opinion and in could change:

Formenton, Norris, Batherson, Wolanin, Hogberg, JBD are going to turn into good NHLers
Brown, Brannstrom, Gustavsson, D'Accord, Jaros, Pinto, Thomson, Kelly, Gruden, will make the NHL but won't meet expectations
Chlapik, Lajoie, Balcers, Abramov, Davidsson, Englund should be used as trade-bait

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a list like this that is as accurate as the one I have in my head.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pretty much, yeah. I think Thomson will be effective. I hope Brannstrom is as good as he had been in the ahl in the next couple of years.

Pinto is a huge wildcard.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My own list:

I don't think guys like Kelly, Jaros, Gruden have any expectations.

I would put Pinto, Brannstrom, and Thomson in the first list and I would most likely trade Brown if we get Byfield or Stutzle.

Englund won't be traded, he'll just be let go.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brown's health will hold him back, it's unfortunate because he has a lot of skill.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Jim Little fired for conduct-related issues. Let the carousel continue.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Jim Little fired for conduct-related issues. Let the carousel continue.

He tried to expense parking.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe they should have dug a little deeper to find out why he left Shaw.

Or was it the $5 beer night?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Jim Little fired for conduct-related issues. Let the carousel continue.

He tried to expense parking.

source?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cussing mickey mouse led franchise.

not a respectable soul will want to attach themselves to this organization in a senior management role until the head clown sells the team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They should change the in-arena pump-up music to Yackety Sax.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Little put out a release saying that the firing stems from a call on Valentine's Day in which he disagreed with Melnyk and used foul language at him. But others are saying that it was not a single event, and that there was a pattern of abusive behaviour toward other employees. So it's not just swearing at Melnyk (that would be a very long list).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Little put out a release saying that the firing stems from a call on Valentine's Day in which he disagreed with Melnyk and used foul language at him. But others are saying that it was not a single event, and that there was a pattern of abusive behaviour toward other employees.  So it's not just swearing at Melnyk (that would be a very long list).

Everybody everywhere knows that Melnyk is THE problem. Good for Little.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum