GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+8
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And Bobby with the hat trick. Perfect.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:And Bobby with the hat trick. Perfect.

That was a feel-good game. I'll take the two points if it means Bobby can go home feeling that everything is coming together for him. It certainly did tonight.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:P.S. Marcus Hogberg is really good.

yeah, he's gonna give Nilsson a run for his job next year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

May not be a popular idea, but I'd actually re-sign Anderson to a one-year deal and trade Nilsson.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Things I'd like to see next year:

Formenton-Tierney-Brown
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Ryan-XXXXX-Duclair
Paul-XXXXX-XXXXX

I can easily see Brown, Abramov, Chalpik, Anisimov, Englund, Nilsson, Balcers shopped in the off-season along with a few of our 2nds or the Isles 1st to move up in the draft and/or add a good player or two under contract.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

May not be a popular idea, but I'd actually re-sign Anderson to a one-year deal and trade Nilsson.

yeah, probably not very popular. is there really even a market for Nilsson? i'm not opposed to that idea and Anderson might actually want to play another season. but i'd have to have Nilsson traded before giving Anderson a one year.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think it really matters what you do with either Nilsson or Anderson as long as you give Hogberg the lion's share of the starts. The Sens will not be at all good next season so get Hogberg the reps.

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Things I'd like to see next year:

Formenton-Tierney-Brown
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Ryan-XXXXX-Duclair
Paul-XXXXX-XXXXX

I can easily see Brown, Abramov, Chalpik, Anisimov, Englund, Nilsson, Balcers shopped in the off-season along with a few of our 2nds or the Isles 1st to move up in the draft and/or add a good player or two under contract.
i don't want that pick shopped unless we're moving it up. i want the sens to draft 3 times(at least) in the 1st round.

you always want to see if you can upgrade your prospects. i could see some of these prospects traded. especially if there is players with salaries coming back as we're gonna have to hit the cap somehow. I wonder if Toffoli i a guy the sens would look at in FA. he played for the 67's.
he looks better in Vancouver. playing on a young team instead of the slow kings.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I don't think it really matters what you do with either Nilsson or Anderson as long as you give Hogberg the lion's share of the starts.  The Sens will not be at all good next season so get Hogberg the reps.  

i'd hold off on anointing Hogberg the lead. The sens have a long history of giving hot goalies the reign after one good half season or so.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Well if you end up drafting Byfield and Norris continues to develop on his current trajectory, we can kiss Logan Brown goodbye. Tierney slots in nicely as a 3C down the road, and I wouldn't dare have Brown on my fourth line.

I can see him shopped with a 2nd and the Isles first to get into the top 10 if the right player is available.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I don't think it really matters what you do with either Nilsson or Anderson as long as you give Hogberg the lion's share of the starts.  The Sens will not be at all good next season so get Hogberg the reps.  

i'd hold off on anointing Hogberg the lead. The sens have a long history of giving hot goalies the reign after one good half season or so.  

I guess the point is it doesn't really matter.

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Well if you end up drafting Byfield and Norris continues to develop on his current trajectory, we can kiss Logan Brown goodbye. Tierney slots in nicely as a 3C down the road, and I wouldn't dare have Brown on my fourth line.

I can see him shopped with a 2nd and the Isles first to get into the top 10 if the right player is available.

i'd do that. might not even have to include that 2nd. i've always had and continue to have doubts in Brown.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I guess the point is it doesn't really matter.

no! we must nitpick! Dammit!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens are going to be deep at forward and in good next year. Imagine Anisimov and Ryan in the bottom six.

But defense will be a bit of a question mark. It's one thing having young players at forward (plus Chlapik, Balcers, Batherson, Formenton, Norris won't be complete newbies), but who is on the back end?

Chabot - Hainsey - Boro - Jaros - Wolanin (?) - Brannstron (?) - Englund (?)

Just can't understand moving DeMelo.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sens are going to be deep at forward and in good next year. Imagine Anisimov and Ryan in the bottom six.

But defense will be a bit of a question mark. It's one thing having young players at forward (plus Chlapik, Balcers, Batherson, Formenton, Norris won't be complete newbies), but who is on the back end?

Chabot - Hainsey - Boro - Jaros - Wolanin (?) - Brannstron (?) - Englund (?)

Just can't understand moving DeMelo.

A "bit of a question mark"?  I think it's still a huge question mark.  No doubt, the forward group is well ahead of the defense in terms of development and depth.  I imagine we'll see Dorion add a decent NHL d-man or two via trade or free agency this summer.

Norris sent back down.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If he's going to add another Hainsey, no thanks. Maybe DeMelo goes to free agency and gets re-signed by Ottawa.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wouldn’t shock me if the Sens tried to trade for duchene again. He’s basically become a nobody now, so to speak

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Chabot wolanin Boro zaitsev are locks . I think Brann becomes a full timer and they bring in a vet. Carry Reilly as the extra

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum