GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:B-Sens lineup from practice:

Paul-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Szwarz-Carcone
Kelly-Chlapik-Rodewald
Klimchuk-Norris-Davidsson
LaBate-Beaudin-Veronneau/Sturtz

A lot of extra bodies down there. But man that's a lot of depth

Looks like a good lineup, yeah. They should be in contention for the Cup.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I like the trade. Hope he can put up some points in the top-six, and trade him at the deadline. It's a tank year. Be bad, sell your players, gets some picks and gear up for a massive draft and off-season.

The only down side is it prevents all these younger games from being called up barring an injury. Sends the wrong message to them but it makes things really competitive down in Belleville.

Or does it send the message that we expect better?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I like the trade. Hope he can put up some points in the top-six, and trade him at the deadline. It's a tank year. Be bad, sell your players, gets some picks and gear up for a massive draft and off-season.

The only down side is it prevents all these younger games from being called up barring an injury. Sends the wrong message to them but it makes things really competitive down in Belleville.

Or does it send the message that we expect better?

Hard to say. I think sending Batherson down sent that message. Having that many LTIR contracts and expecting your team to win games sends another message. I think this whole season is going to be a farce. Sens may not win a game for a really long time. Have to feel bad for someone like Andy who is likely going to end his career on a garbage team or as a backup

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:B-Sens lineup from practice:

Paul-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Szwarz-Carcone
Kelly-Chlapik-Rodewald
Klimchuk-Norris-Davidsson
LaBate-Beaudin-Veronneau/Sturtz

A lot of extra bodies down there. But man that's a lot of depth

Looks like a good lineup, yeah.  They should be in contention for the Cup.

Oh yeah? Have you seen their D?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Batherson had less than a full season in the AHL. He put on weight and now can't skate like before. He clearly needs more time.

The Oilers tried putting so their youngsters in the lineup and ruined half of them.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Sens STILL don't play? What the hell. They better have a helluva effort against St Louis tomorrow after all this time off.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'm not buying that there wasn't anything to the Kraft stuff. The girl posts stuff with Kraft and the Patriots all the time apparently.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Also, shut your mouth Dorion you spineless nobody. I just heard he’s apparently been after Namestnikov for awhile. Bulldung. If you have been, was that your plan to have 50 contracts beforehand so that you couldn’t acquire equal talent with better upside on waivers last week, only to make this trade shortly after. Just shut up. You’re a dead man walking. Leave now and save some face.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think he did want namestnikov back when he was with Tampa. Probably wanted him as part of the Karl trade.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:i'm not buying that there wasn't anything to the Kraft stuff. The girl posts stuff with Kraft and the Patriots all the time apparently.

Let's get it done then!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:Also, shut your mouth Dorion you spineless nobody. I just heard he’s apparently been after Namestnikov for awhile. Bulldung. If you have been, was that your plan to have 50 contracts beforehand so that you couldn’t acquire equal talent with better upside on waivers last week, only to make this trade shortly after. Just shut up. You’re a dead man walking. Leave now and save some face.

It's not a big thing to have been after this player, but the question is: why. Why were you after this guy?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Also, shut your mouth Dorion you spineless nobody. I just heard he’s apparently been after Namestnikov for awhile. Bulldung. If you have been, was that your plan to have 50 contracts beforehand so that you couldn’t acquire equal talent with better upside on waivers last week, only to make this trade shortly after. Just shut up. You’re a dead man walking. Leave now and save some face.

Sprong is the only one with equal talent and 30 other teams passed on him. Same logic with Kaliyev in the draft. We see what guys with ego/behavioural issues do totheir teams. Look at Ho Sang and Merkeley. Team dynamics are delicate. Namestnikov my all accounts is a rental that allows our guys to develop in Belleville and becomes a trade-chip at the deadline. Ebert was also costing $300K in the minors and isn't a core piece to this team. It's a good trade if you can flip him for anything more than what it costs to get him with the intangible cost being player development in the minors.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I like the trade. It was a buy-low and they will get more out of him later. I just hate Dorion’s voice.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Chris Johnston on FAN590 said that it’s believed Melnyk has tried to find people to help look for a potential buyer of the team. Says that the team is for sale but “there isn’t a for sale sign right out front”. It may take a while for Melnyk to find the right deal.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:I like the trade. It was a buy-low and they will get more out of him later. I just hate Dorion’s voice.

It's not his voice that bothers me. Its his smug face

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Chris Johnston on FAN590 said that it’s believed Melnyk has tried to find people to help look for a potential buyer of the team. Says that the team is for sale but “there isn’t a for sale sign right out front”. It may take a while for Melnyk to find the right deal.

Walrus

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Chris Johnston on FAN590 said that it’s believed Melnyk has tried to find people to help look for a potential buyer of the team. Says that the team is for sale but “there isn’t a for sale sign right out front”. It may take a while for Melnyk to find the right deal.

The Fan 590.... credible source. Facepalm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I like the trade. It was a buy-low and they will get more out of him later. I just hate Dorion’s voice.

It's not his voice that bothers me. Its his smug face

meh, he's just doing what all the other GM's would do. lie through their teeth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum