GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I corrected my post on Boro. Changed "not engaged" to "more engaged".

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Boro really gets crapped on a lot by this fanbase.  I've never minded him.

It's mostly the analytics crowd that defecates on him. His numbers are not good, but when the whole teams struggles, from the goal out, only the skilled players get a pass because of their scoring. He's out there to defend, the forwards sent helping matters, how Corsi numbers suck. The forwards then go on the PP and get their Corsi back up; Boro goes on the PK and his get worse.

In a limited role he can be very effective.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Boro really gets crapped on a lot by this fanbase.  I've never minded him.

It's mostly the analytics crowd that defecates on him. His numbers are not good, but when the whole teams struggles, from the goal out, only the skilled players get a pass because of their scoring. He's out there to defend, the forwards sent helping matters, how Corsi numbers suck. The forwards then go on the PP and get their Corsi back up; Boro goes on the PK and his get worse.

I have been one who has problems with Boro. The problem I see comes from they use him in a role that he's not suited for. He is a 6th 7th Defenseman but seems to bee leaned on in a way he shouldn't be. Like when we were trying to use Ceci as a shutdown guy. I feel like guys like Jaros can easily replace what Boro brings but better

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

That’s why people should pay for attention to 5on5 numbers.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think his 5v5 Corsi was good, either, but we had a horrible team. Literally worst in the league.

He's a bit like Chris Neil that way. Without Neil they lose the Rangers series.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
wprager wrote:

I have been one who has problems with Boro. The problem I see comes from they use him in a role that he's not suited for. He is a 6th 7th Defenseman but seems to bee leaned on in a way he shouldn't be. Like when we were trying to use Ceci as a shutdown guy. I feel like guys like Jaros can easily replace what Boro brings but better

Totally get what you're saying. He's very good, imo, as a 6 guy or bottom pairing, nothing more

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice goal by duclair.

If that guy can make it work and put it all together he’s a player.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Pageau and Jaros were terrible tonight. Don't think L. Brown makes the team. Chlapik had a nice game

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nice save at the end by Price to atone for his earlier sin. That could have and should have been a win. Bobby looked, well, engaged. Pageau, not so much. Chabot, too, looks like he's saving himself for when it counts. Brown played better than Batherson. Go figure.

So, who do you cut?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Honestly I'd cut brown and batherson and keep Sabourin chlapik and abramov up. All three of those guys earned a spot. Batherson had an awful preseason and brown didn't help his case tonight. I'd send Jaros down and keep brannstrom up

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If Brann struggles call Jaros back up

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It would help if we had a center who could win a faceoff. That's gonna cost us a lot of wins this year

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Pageau and Jaros were terrible tonight. Don't think L. Brown makes the team. Chlapik had a nice game

Ok good to know I’m not crazy. I couldn’t watch the whole thing but noticed it on many occasions.

Yeah, I think Brown starts in Belleville. Get a nice start and maybe he’s with the team by xmas.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Honestly I'd cut brown and batherson and keep Sabourin chlapik and abramov up. All three of those guys earned a spot. Batherson had an awful preseason and brown didn't help his case tonight. I'd send Jaros down and keep brannstrom up
I actually agree with all this. Is Jaros able to go down without waivers though?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I couldnt understand a scenario where Jaros doesnt play in Ottawa and Brannstrom does personally. One of these players needs more time and it isnt Jaros.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

We have 9 defense left in camp one being injured wolanin. So of the 8 left I would think they keep 7 and it would be Goloubef who is still there and I think Jaros and Brannstrom will both stay

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Duclair is fantastic

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:I couldnt understand a scenario where Jaros doesnt play in Ottawa and Brannstrom does personally.  One of these players needs more time and it isnt Jaros.

It's not that Jaros needs more time, it's that Jaros got outplayed and he's running around out there. Brannstrom can play his 9 games, and they can decide what to do with him. At that point hopefully Jaros gets a lot of minutes in Belleville and stabilizes himself a bit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum