GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Namestnikov was a good value trade. Solid two way player. Can trade him for more tomorrow.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

He can play center and take draws. White was something like 2-15 on Saturday. Yikes!

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not entirely sure about this Namestnikov deal but I'll wait and see how it works out. A centre that can help the offense is a nice idea.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I'm not entirely sure about this Namestnikov deal but I'll wait and see how it works out.  A centre that can help the offense is a nice idea.
Yeah but if we’re gonna suck, might as well bring up a kid or two. I don’t see the point in spending a 4rth round pick (of course they could recoup it by the trade deadline)

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:I'm not entirely sure about this Namestnikov deal but I'll wait and see how it works out.  A centre that can help the offense is a nice idea.

I expect him to help out more on the defensive side. He’s very good without the puck and although the trade makes no sense from a manpower standpoint and supposed message management is trying to make their blind fans believe, it does make sense from a buy-low and sell for profit later view.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Yeah but if we’re gonna suck, might as well bring up a kid or two. I don’t see the point in spending a 4rth round pick (of course they could recoup it by the trade deadline)

When I first saw the trade I assumed it was because we were about to ship Pageau out of town. Could still happen I guess.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

This is where I'm at personally.

I have no problems with this trade. A 4th and a nobody for a guy who probably won't ever hit 20 goals again (I believe he did it with Kucherov and Stamkos), but has some offence. Like Anisimov I assume, but younger. That's fine, but if we're going to suck, why isn't Batherson with White and Tkachuk learning what it takes to be an NHLer? Because he sure doesn't need to learn how to be an AHLer, he's pretty good at that.

Same thing goes for Brown and guys like that. If we're gonna suck badly anyway, why not sell a full youth movement sprinkled with Hainsey, Ennis, Ryan etc?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I have no problems with this trade.  A 4th and a nobody for a guy who probably won't ever hit 20 goals again (I believe he did it with Kucherov and Stamkos), but has some offence.  Like Anisimov I assume, but younger.  That's fine, but if we're going to suck, why isn't Batherson with White and Tkachuk learning what it takes to be an NHLer?  Because he sure doesn't need to learn how to be an AHLer, he's pretty good at that.

Same thing goes for Brown and guys like that.  If we're gonna suck badly anyway, why not sell a full youth movement sprinkled with Hainsey, Ennis, Ryan etc?

My guess is because the Sens have no plan and if they do, they can’t both stick to it and communicate it with any honesty.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Thursday against St. Louis if Nilsson starts

He definitely needs to start soon and he hopefully can keep the game closer.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I have no problems with this trade.  A 4th and a nobody for a guy who probably won't ever hit 20 goals again (I believe he did it with Kucherov and Stamkos), but has some offence.  Like Anisimov I assume, but younger.  That's fine, but if we're going to suck, why isn't Batherson with White and Tkachuk learning what it takes to be an NHLer?  Because he sure doesn't need to learn how to be an AHLer, he's pretty good at that.

Same thing goes for Brown and guys like that.  If we're gonna suck badly anyway, why not sell a full youth movement sprinkled with Hainsey, Ennis, Ryan etc?

My guess is because the Sens have no plan and if they do, they can’t both stick to it and communicate it with any honesty.

A long term plan maybe, where Dorion envisions Batherson and Brown simply walking into the NHL and getting more than .5 PPG, but for the love of beans, get them into the NHL.

Mind you, I guess there's no rush, we're absolutely terrible right now. The next draft will be the most important draft in Sens history - even if we don't finish with 1st OV.

I was surprised to see some of the pundits pick SJ to win the Cup. With Jones and a defence that loves to score and is loathe to defend and a forward core that is good, but not great - they could be the shocker of the league in that they could BOMB.

We'll see.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

That would be amazing if the Sharks missed. We are guaranteed one of Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond or Lundell if the Sens keep their 1st and pick who I think they should based on my rankings. Add to that the prospect of San Jose missing as well and we could potentially have 2 of those 4 and that is almost as franchise altering as Melnyk selling and Dorion getting the axe would be.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Looks like Boedker might be a healthy scratch. Can you imagine a team ever making one of the best goal scorers in the game in Hoffman a healthy scratch?

Ok, that’s enough depressing Sens talk, I’m off to talk about the Wings, Canes, Rangers and Avs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 21 Cats11
Here's little Alfie and HUGE Brady Tkachuk.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I like the trade. Hope he can put up some points in the top-six, and trade him at the deadline. It's a tank year. Be bad, sell your players, gets some picks and gear up for a massive draft and off-season.

The only down side is it prevents all these younger games from being called up barring an injury. Sends the wrong message to them but it makes things really competitive down in Belleville.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

B-Sens lineup from practice:

Paul-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Szwarz-Carcone
Kelly-Chlapik-Rodewald
Klimchuk-Norris-Davidsson
LaBate-Beaudin-Veronneau/Sturtz

A lot of extra bodies down there. But man that's a lot of depth

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:B-Sens lineup from practice:

Paul-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Szwarz-Carcone
Kelly-Chlapik-Rodewald
Klimchuk-Norris-Davidsson
LaBate-Beaudin-Veronneau/Sturtz

A lot of extra bodies down there. But man that's a lot of depth

Looks like a good lineup, yeah. They should be in contention for the Cup.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I like the trade. Hope he can put up some points in the top-six, and trade him at the deadline. It's a tank year. Be bad, sell your players, gets some picks and gear up for a massive draft and off-season.

The only down side is it prevents all these younger games from being called up barring an injury. Sends the wrong message to them but it makes things really competitive down in Belleville.

Or does it send the message that we expect better?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I like the trade. Hope he can put up some points in the top-six, and trade him at the deadline. It's a tank year. Be bad, sell your players, gets some picks and gear up for a massive draft and off-season.

Or does it send the message that we expect better?

Hard to say. I think sending Batherson down sent that message. Having that many LTIR contracts and expecting your team to win games sends another message. I think this whole season is going to be a farce. Sens may not win a game for a really long time. Have to feel bad for someone like Andy who is likely going to end his career on a garbage team or as a backup

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum