GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Lol, are you serious about batherson?  Goodness

What is this in reference to?

That they sent him down on paper only. I guess I get it, but right now I'm annoyed at his usage period. And annoyed a little at the debut of Smith as a coach. But...then again, we all knew this year would be dreadful.

:crossarms:

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:It'll be nice to see if Abramov can help maybe improve our puck possession numbers a bit.  It's gonna be a long season watching us try and defend in our own end.

Devil's advocate...if they can score a few goals, they can put a little more pressure on the opponents. Duclair has had some really nice opportunities, if he buries one or more of them, things could change a little. White has also been fairly quiet so far, so we'll see if they can get going a bit.

We can't win a faceoff though - and that's gonna KILL us. Like literally, I think we had a decent game vs Toronto in the circle - until it counted, then they dominated us. We're all seeing exactly how bad it can be if you can't win a faceoff. It's instant possession in the offensive zone for the other team - especially on PPs, they just have a free start with the puck. I hate it with a Cussing passion, really hate it. Pageau and Tkachuk are the only 2 who aren't useless.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

That they sent him down on paper only.  I guess I get it, but right now I'm annoyed at his usage period.  And annoyed a little at the debut of Smith as a coach.  But...then again, we all knew this year would be dreadful.

I don't think it's a paper move, they called up Abramov

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

That they sent him down on paper only.  I guess I get it, but right now I'm annoyed at his usage period.  And annoyed a little at the debut of Smith as a coach.  But...then again, we all knew this year would be dreadful.

I don't think it's a paper move, they called up Abramov

Oh, I thought I read it was. That's fine if they did, he's not being used properly, might as well get him to the top line with Brown and do what they should have done in the first place - put them in as a tandem.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yes. I thought it was paper but it is not. Ennis practicing on the top line. Abramov with tierney and Ryan

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Senators acquire Namestnikov from the Rangers for a 4th and Nik Ebert. Rags retain $750K.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Loading up on Russians. Zaitsev and Anisimov already in the lineup, call up Abramov and pick up Namestnikov in a trade. What is going on?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Loading up on Russians. Zaitsev and Anisimov already in the lineup, call up Abramov and pick up Namestnikov in a trade. What is going on?

what is going on is exactly right.
the guy is a UFA at the end of the year. I imagine they will try to resign him or trade him again by the deadline? it's only a 4rth(and a D level prospect) but still.

get him back to a 20 goal scorer, I guess.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The price was right, but...dont we have a ton of middle size forwards?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wonder if this means Brannstrom back to Belleville?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think they give Brann a few more games. If he continues to struggle I can see Lajoie coming up. Selling tickets in Belleville is apparently the priority this season

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Serious question: In what game do the Sens get their 1st regulation win? I will say November 7th against the Kings.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Serious question: In what game do the Sens get their 1st regulation win? I will say November 7th against the Kings.

My guess is Minnesota . But if not then agreed it's LA

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thursday against St. Louis if Nilsson starts

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Not soon enough

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Namestnikov was a good value trade. Solid two way player. Can trade him for more tomorrow.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He can play center and take draws. White was something like 2-15 on Saturday. Yikes!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not entirely sure about this Namestnikov deal but I'll wait and see how it works out. A centre that can help the offense is a nice idea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum