GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 45 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Chris Johnston on FAN590 said that it’s believed Melnyk has tried to find people to help look for a potential buyer of the team. Says that the team is for sale but “there isn’t a for sale sign right out front”. It may take a while for Melnyk to find the right deal.

Walrus

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Chris Johnston on FAN590 said that it’s believed Melnyk has tried to find people to help look for a potential buyer of the team. Says that the team is for sale but “there isn’t a for sale sign right out front”. It may take a while for Melnyk to find the right deal.

The Fan 590.... credible source. Facepalm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I like the trade. It was a buy-low and they will get more out of him later. I just hate Dorion’s voice.

It's not his voice that bothers me. Its his smug face

meh, he's just doing what all the other GM's would do. lie through their teeth.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

my source is pretty credible. I wonder if he's trying to drum up more interest so he can sell for more. but new ownership next summer for sure. the writing is on the wall.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I like the trade. It was a buy-low and they will get more out of him later. I just hate Dorion’s voice.

It's not his voice that bothers me. Its his smug face

meh, he's just doing what all the other GM's would do. lie through their teeth.

I get that. But other teams actually have a plan that timelines can prove they are following through with. Dorion is just a disaster when it comes to his words trying to fit the multiple puzzles he is pretending he’s building.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

they are executing a plan. they their plan is to be cap compliant while maximizing the profits of our owner. namestnikov is nothing more than a sales pitch to fans and a trade chip at the deadline. no way the Sens qualify him for more money than he is currently making

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:they are executing a plan. they their plan is to be cap compliant while maximizing the profits of our owner. namestnikov is nothing more than a sales pitch to fans and a trade chip at the deadline. no way the Sens qualify him for more money than he is currently making

it is impossible to qualify him, he's a UFA on July 1. I bet they would look to sign him for cheapish if he shows well.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:my source is pretty credible. I wonder if he's trying to drum up more interest so he can sell for more. but new ownership next summer for sure. the writing is on the wall.
The writing has been on the wall for so long that it looks like ancient cave paintings

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:they are executing a plan. they their plan is to be cap compliant while maximizing the profits of our owner. namestnikov is nothing more than a sales pitch to fans and a trade chip at the deadline. no way the Sens qualify him for more money than he is currently making

it is impossible to qualify him, he's a UFA on July 1. I bet they would look to sign him for cheapish if he shows well.

Terminology thing. I meant re-sign. Sens need to be cap compliant next year. Up to $30M or so can come off the books with only Chabot's new contract kicking in. People will need to be signed, just to meet the cap floor.

Andy, Boedker, Hainsey, Ennis, MacArthur, Namestnikov, Pageau, Sabourin, Boro, De Melo, Goloubef, Callahan all don't have contracts next year. I doubt Anisimov will be back too. So maybe Namestnikov gets re-signed out of necessity but the Sens are better off adding good roster players via trade using what will likely be a whole hell of a lot of draft picks, and bubble prospects and cap space as trade bait. But they can only do so if they have the cash (ownership) and intelligence (GM) to do this properly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

Terminology thing. I meant re-sign. Sens need to be cap compliant next year. Up to $30M or so can come off the books with only Chabot's new contract kicking in. People will need to be signed, just to meet the cap floor.

Andy, Boedker, Hainsey, Ennis, MacArthur, Namestnikov, Pageau, Sabourin, Boro, De Melo, Goloubef, Callahan all don't have contracts next year. I doubt Anisimov will be back too. So  maybe Namestnikov gets re-signed out of necessity but the Sens are better off adding good roster players via trade using what will likely be a whole hell of a lot of draft picks, and bubble prospects and cap space as trade bait. But they can only do so if they have the cash (ownership) and intelligence (GM) to do this properly.

I doubt they can trade Ansisimov even if they wanted to. Hopefully they try to sign Pageau. He's a piece worth keeping unless they can get good value.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:Looks like Boedker might be a healthy scratch. Can you imagine a team ever making one of the best goal scorers in the game in Hoffman a healthy scratch?

Ok, that’s enough depressing Sens talk, I’m off to talk about the Wings, Canes, Rangers and Avs.

I don't really understand what you wanted Dorion to do in this specific case. He has a problem on his hands. Hoffman's girlfriend has caused huge problems (allegedly). What was he to do?

I assume he offered Hoffman to every team and they were all scared off by that.

Was he to keep Hoffman and what, trade Karlsson then? Or what was the deal to be made?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

Andy, Boedker, Hainsey, Ennis, MacArthur, Namestnikov, Pageau, Sabourin, Boro, De Melo, Goloubef, Callahan all don't have contracts next year. I doubt Anisimov will be back too. So  maybe Namestnikov gets re-signed out of necessity but the Sens are better off adding good roster players via trade using what will likely be a whole hell of a lot of draft picks, and bubble prospects and cap space as trade bait. But they can only do so if they have the cash (ownership) and intelligence (GM) to do this properly.

I doubt they can trade Ansisimov even if they wanted to.  Hopefully they try to sign Pageau.  He's a piece worth keeping unless they can get good value.

Pageau is a 3C on a good team. IMO that is Colin White or Josh Norris' spot on this team.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Looks like Boedker might be a healthy scratch. Can you imagine a team ever making one of the best goal scorers in the game in Hoffman a healthy scratch?

Ok, that’s enough depressing Sens talk, I’m off to talk about the Wings, Canes, Rangers and Avs.

I don't really understand what you wanted Dorion to do in this specific case.  He has a problem on his hands.  Hoffman's girlfriend has caused huge problems (allegedly).  What was he to do?

Was he to keep Hoffman and what, trade Karlsson then?  Or what was the deal to be made?

Lol. Yes. He could have kept Hoffman if he knew he was going to trade Karlsson. Or at least been open to dealing with Florida directly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:

I don't really understand what you wanted Dorion to do in this specific case.  He has a problem on his hands.  Hoffman's girlfriend has caused huge problems (allegedly).  What was he to do?

Was he to keep Hoffman and what, trade Karlsson then?  Or what was the deal to be made?

Lol. Yes. He could have kept Hoffman if he knew he was going to trade Karlsson. Or at least been open to dealing with Florida directly.

Couldn't have kept Hoffman, he would have been public enemy number one. Yes, he could have dealt with Florida though, although he would have been called an idiot when Hoffman did well. Which...is happening now.

A true lose-lose situation.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't think anyone needed to run to Hoffman's defence. They could have let the investigation pan out and make a decision then. Has anyone heard anything about an investigation? As far as I know they found nothing. I've also dealt with Melinda in a customer service setting and she isn't very pleasant...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The Hoff/Boedker trade may go down as Dorion's worst. The Stone one is close but at least there is hope with Brannstrom. Should have gone for Glass vs getting an undersized d-man when you already have Chabot.

Perhaps this speaks to Dorion really having zero plan.

Here's to hoping Euge sells and someone is hired in time for the draft. I know he's a good drafter but it's time to shoot for the stars, not for safe picks that top-out as 4th liners (Pinto).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I don't think anyone needed to run to Hoffman's defence. They could have let the investigation pan out and make a decision then. Has anyone heard anything about an investigation? As far as I know they found nothing. I've also dealt with Melinda in a customer service setting and she isn't very pleasant...

You can't have them on the same team anymore.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I don't think anyone needed to run to Hoffman's defence. They could have let the investigation pan out and make a decision then. Has anyone heard anything about an investigation? As far as I know they found nothing. I've also dealt with Melinda in a customer service setting and she isn't very pleasant...

You can't have them on the same team anymore.

they played on the same team for a half season while this was going down, and they traded Karlsson before the start of the next season anyway. They never had any intentions of keeping Karlsson. Don't believe a word Dorion or Melnyk have to say.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 45 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum