GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 45 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The Hoff/Boedker trade may go down as Dorion's worst. The Stone one is close but at least there is hope with Brannstrom. Should have gone for Glass vs getting an undersized d-man when you already have Chabot.

Perhaps this speaks to Dorion really having zero plan.

Here's to hoping Euge sells and someone is hired in time for the draft. I know he's a good drafter but it's time to shoot for the stars, not for safe picks that top-out as 4th liners (Pinto).

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I don't think anyone needed to run to Hoffman's defence. They could have let the investigation pan out and make a decision then. Has anyone heard anything about an investigation? As far as I know they found nothing. I've also dealt with Melinda in a customer service setting and she isn't very pleasant...

You can't have them on the same team anymore.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I don't think anyone needed to run to Hoffman's defence. They could have let the investigation pan out and make a decision then. Has anyone heard anything about an investigation? As far as I know they found nothing. I've also dealt with Melinda in a customer service setting and she isn't very pleasant...

You can't have them on the same team anymore.

they played on the same team for a half season while this was going down, and they traded Karlsson before the start of the next season anyway. They never had any intentions of keeping Karlsson. Don't believe a word Dorion or Melnyk have to say.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Or he could have dealt him when the issue first popped up and while Hoffman was proving he is one of the best goal scorers in the league. Or everything DefenceWins has said, or just do his job as a GM in general.

I could probably keep going, but it is GAMEDAY. The Avalanche haven’t played since Saturday and it is time to keep rolling against the Bruins tonight.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:Or he could have dealt him when the issue first popped up and while Hoffman was proving he is one of the best goal scorers in the league. Or everything DefenceWins has said, or just do his job as a GM in general.

I could probably keep going, but it is GAMEDAY. The Avalanche haven’t played since Saturday and it is time to keep rolling against the Bruins tonight.

Yep, that was the problem. When he first caught wind of this, he should have made the move to trade Hoffman. We all said it at the time. Otherwise, if it was true he didn't know at the time he should have been fired anyway, but his hands were then tied. San Jose didn't give a Diddle if he didn't want Hoffman in the East obviously, they were just ready to Diddle us over.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Or he could have dealt him when the issue first popped up and while Hoffman was proving he is one of the best goal scorers in the league. Or everything DefenceWins has said, or just do his job as a GM in general.

Yep, that was the problem.  When he first caught wind of this, he should have made the move to trade Hoffman.  We all said it at the time.  Otherwise, if it was true he didn't know at the time he should have been fired anyway, but his hands were then tied.  San Jose didn't give a Diddle if he didn't want Hoffman in the East obviously, they were just ready to Diddle us over.

Or you have better control and understanding of what's happening and you clean it up and handle it internally and not trade either of them.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's what I meant yeah.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoffman had to go regardless but that's what I meant about dorion not knowing what was going on and should have been fired

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

How is DJ Smith any better with young players when he still gives them very limited amount of ice time. Abramov has a goal tonight yet still on over 5 minutes after 2 periods only Sabourin has the same amount why anchor these players to him

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

we showed compete. we still lost. Abramov got his first. showed good things.
the leafs got their Donkey handed to them.

things are looking better.

now let's see if SJ can lose another.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought abramov struggled away from the puck. That's a real work in progress. Namestinov was very solid, as was anisimov. It was entertaining at least. There were very few people there, clearly this was a game no one cared about.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brannstrom handled himself well too. Not flashy yet, but you can see his game progressing with confidence

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Attendance was 9000 something LOL. What a shame. Get the Diddle out, Melnyk you shady Dung.

It was a very competitive game which is all we can ask for this season. Too bad Nilsson wasn't that sharp. Also, Chabot had a couple misplays, giving St Louis their 4th and then 5th goals.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

One of those misplays was all on Tkachuk. Awful pass, well behind Chabot.

But overall Chabot just hasn't been very good the first three games. Maybe getting him back with DeMelo would help.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:How is DJ Smith any better with young players when he still gives them very limited amount of ice time. Abramov has a goal tonight yet still on over 5 minutes after 2 periods only Sabourin has the same amount why anchor these players to him

That anchor has a girl and a beauty assist in 3 games playing 4th line minutes. He also hustles, hits and generates opportunities on the forecheck.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:One of those misplays was all on Tkachuk. Awful pass, well behind Chabot.

But overall Chabot just hasn't been very good the first three games. Maybe getting him back with DeMelo would help.

Yes, but the goal was horrific against Nilsson, should never have gone in.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Big win for send over Tampa. Namestnikov two goals and send out shot Tampa. Anisimov injured tonight

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Batherson Brown and Paul clicking in tonight's game. Bath with 4 assists an 1 goal
Brown 2 goals and 2 assists

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 45 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum