GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Belleville Sens Talk

+6
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 28]

346Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:32 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The Marlies forfeited their game because one of the coaches had a medical emergency (likely a heart attack) in the room just before the game.

This means the BSens are a full 2 points up on the Marlies, 3rd in the division. They are also just 3 back of the division leaders, with a game in hand.

The second place team actually has the highest winning percentage, as they are 2 up on the Sens with a game in hand, 1 back of the lead with 2 in hand.

Is 2nd place in the near future? How about 1st?

347Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:23 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Daccord with the shutout and the BSens are tied in points for second in the North (Rochester had shame in hand). Just a point back of the Division leading Utica Comets, who have played 1 more game than the BSens.

348Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:29 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Marlies AC was released from hospital. It's wasn't a heart attack but a grand mal seizure. No wonder the players were too freaked out to continue.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/sports/hockey/article-toronto-marlies-assistant-coach-rob-davison-released-from-hospital/

349Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:31 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

No Balcers, Batherson, Chlapik and Hogberg yet the B-Sens beat Utica and Rochester. Norris, Formenton and Abramov are really performing down there. Hard to see Norris not winning ROY down there.

And D'Accord is killing it. 6-2-2 with a 914 save percentage.

Anyone else find it weird that Hogberg played back-to-back games this weekend?

350Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:38 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hogberg will play his third in a row tonight.

Meanwhile the BSens are leading the North Division. Rochester has 2 games in hand, though, and 2 points back.  Nevertheless, Mann is doing a great job down there. Doesn't hurt to have a goodie doing what Daccord has done.

351Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:57 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Really nice to see Belleville doing exactly what it should be doing, even considering the injuries/callups.

352Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:39 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Balcers Batherson and Chlapik all sent down for the Ottawa sens bye week but Hogberg staying up with the big club

353Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:31 am

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Belleville won last night in OT had to go 10 with Formenton playing sick they really could use the guys the sens just sent down

354Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

$65 (USD) gets you the remainder of the regular season and playoffs. You can save by getting just there BSens games for $35 (or $25 for only home or only away games), but then I don't know what the pricing is for playoffs.

355Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:07 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I seem to remember that the AHL playoffs cost extra last year and were not included with the regular season packs.

356Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:38 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It may be worth it for the playoffs. I expect the Sens will load up their roster when the regaular season is over, ie: Batherson, Chlapik, Balcers, Wolanin, Jaros will be down there full time with Brown, Brann, Formenton, Norris, and Abramov.

357Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Very tempting.

358Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

BSens with another win this afternoon (MLK Day, lots of afternoon games). Utica lost, which means they are tied in points but Belleville has 1 game in hand. 2nd best winning percentage in the Eastern Conference. Marlies have faded fast, now in 4th, tied with Laval in points.

359Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:03 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Crazy how fast formenton is putting it together. His breakaway goal today was insane because of the pure speed he showed.

360Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The top scorers in the AHL rarely go on to NHL startdom. That's because most of those leaders are older players, career AHLers brought on to mentor prospects and push for playoff success.

Rookie scoring leaders is very likely a different story.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a site which provides past years' scoring stats with a rookie filter.  TheAhl.com lets you filter on rookies but doesn't show past years.

Norris and Formenton are both top 5 with Norris at the top. That *is* something.

Overall the Belleville roster includes something like 11 rookies, but what is unusual for a Division leading team is that they are being *led* but the younger players. Batherson is 2nd year pro, Norris and Formenton and Daccord are rookies. Brannstron is 2nd year, too, I think.

361Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:21 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Balcers is a 3rd year and Brown is a 2nd year as well. If 50% of these guys turn into point-producing or reliable NHLers I'll be happy.

362Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Measuring stick game tonight against the league leading Milwaukee Admirals. They lost to this team 4-2 in Belleville earlier in the year.

363Belleville Sens Talk - Page 24 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:00 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yupp. No excuses. B-Sens lineup should be relatively healthy minus Lajoie.

-Gus played last game (should be D'Accord tonight)
- B-Sens did not have Brown, Chlapik or Brannstrom in the lineup
- This was one of Blacers' first games back from injury
- This was around the time that Norris started going on his points tear

Should be a great game

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum