GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » Junior & Minor league talk » Belleville Sens Talk

Belleville Sens Talk

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 28]

376Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:30 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
He'll beef up too, probably to 215 or 220 and be much better.

377Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:59 am

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Holy crap, Belleville is *hot*. Third best winning percentage in the entire AHL and just .001 out of being second.

378Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:56 am

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I wonder when Norris and Formenton get call-ups in Ottawa? they are both one and two in rookie points AND goals in the AHL. I wouldn't expect them to close out the season in Ottawa but a little stint up here wouldn't hurt and would be a nice reward for their efforts in Belleville.

379Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, they're just killing it. I wouldn't rush to call them up. Maybe for a week after the trade deadline, but this is a perfect development year. We couldn't have asked for anything more

380Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I watch all the highlights and the one takeaway that keeps nagging at me is that most of those goals are just horrible plays by the opposition goalies.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

381Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:34 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Is this Groundhog Day?
Did we just acquire archibald and Luchuk?

382Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lol, yeah

383Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Norris sets up Abramov age scores another late in the third to tie it, then wins it in OT. Safe to say he got 1st star.

Norris is just 1 point off the league lead (and far ahead about rookies).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

384Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:37 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Our depth is insane. Norris, Brown, Abramov, Formenton, Pinto, JBD, Thomson, Balcers, Batherson, Wolanin, Brannstrom, Gus, D'Accord, potentially two top-five picks, and two 2nd rd picks. Who cares about a 3rd vs a 2nd for De Melo. Let's keep our eyes on the bigger picture here. The Sens should be stacked

385Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:I watch all the highlights and the one takeaway that keeps nagging at me is that most of those goals are just horrible plays by the opposition goalies.  

I thought the same tonight on the ot goal. Still amazing though

386Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:34 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Our depth is insane. Norris, Brown, Abramov, Formenton, Pinto, JBD, Thomson, Balcers,  Batherson, Wolanin, Brannstrom, Gus, D'Accord, potentially two top-five picks, and two 2nd rd picks. Who cares about a 3rd vs a 2nd for De Melo.  Let's keep our eyes on the bigger picture here. The Sens should be stacked

Im unconvinced. Until we have 2-3 grade A prospects (we have bran storm and even that is debatable) then we could still be an average team. I want some elite talent .

387Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:53 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I'm starting to think Norris may have top three potential. And formenton has elite speed and potentially top six potential.

388Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:I watch all the highlights and the one takeaway that keeps nagging at me is that most of those goals are just horrible plays by the opposition goalies.  

I thought the same tonight on the ot goal.  Still amazing though

I actually *just* watched it and was coming here to say the same. That's Lalime vs Nieuwendyk worthy. Woof!


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

389Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:24 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Norris sets up Abramov age scores another late in the third to tie it, then wins it in OT. Safe to say he got 1st star.

Norris is just 1 point off the league lead (and far ahead about rookies).

The Karlsson trade keeps looking better and better. Great for Belleville. I'm going to do whatever I can to get down there for some playoff action.

390Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Our depth is insane. Norris, Brown, Abramov, Formenton, Pinto, JBD, Thomson, Balcers,  Batherson, Wolanin, Brannstrom, Gus, D'Accord, potentially two top-five picks, and two 2nd rd picks. Who cares about a 3rd vs a 2nd for De Melo.  Let's keep our eyes on the bigger picture here. The Sens should be stacked

Im unconvinced. Until we have 2-3 grade A prospects (we have bran storm and even that is debatable) then we could still be an average team. I want some elite talent .

Norris missed almost a year of development and then in his first pro season he's one point from the top of the AHL scoring race. Putting up over 1PPG in the AHL is not newsworthy in itself, but doing it as a rookie is pretty special.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

391Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:32 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Mind you, the best rookies go straight to the NHL. Looking at the list of the best rookie seasons in the AHL since '85, I see a couple of current Sens (Ennis, Brown) and a former one (Connacher).

Not exactly murderers' row.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/awards/ahl?name=AHL+Most+Points+by+Rookie


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

392Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Brown is still inured, Batherson has been in Ottawa, Norris and Jaros called up. So a loss and an OT win isn't awful.

Batherson and Norris were sent back (Batherson probably not staying long), Jaros too, earlier, I think.

They need reinforcements. Would Thomson consider coming over (or is he even eligible?) How does it work with the NCAA players? Could Pinto/JBD play in the post season after they're NCAA team is done?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

393Belleville Sens Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk on Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:42 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Belleville's the 2nd overall team in the AHL and leads in Goals For by a huge margin. Can't wait to watch some AHL playoffs...feels weird to say that.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum