GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013

+20
Cap'n Clutch
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
Vandelay
sandysensfan
NEELY
Hoags
LeCaptain
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
spader
SensHulk
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

1SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat May 25, 2013 3:50 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

What moves should be made? Who should be kept? Who should be traded? Will alfie be back? Gonchar? Who do we draft? Plenty of questions to answer in this short summer.

2SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat May 25, 2013 4:02 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I gotta think alfie's decision to come back or not will influence everything. I gotta believe if he comes back, the sens gotta go for a long playoff run. Our young'ns are still too raw for the stiff competition they'll face from pens, bruins. So what do we aim for. Skill? Or sandpaper?

3SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat May 25, 2013 4:11 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I'm back and forth on whether they'll keep Gonch or not. I think it all depends on what he wants. If he'll take a one-year, they probably keep him. If he insists on term, he probably walks.

4SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat May 25, 2013 4:28 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

While I think gonchar helped save our season, I think the sens need to look elsewhere now, and it all comes down to being able to nab another veteran dman in dan Boyle now more than ever. He will cost a young piece though, but I think he's the better playoff performer.

As has been said by a few others, it's time to step away from the 'pesky' crap. It was fun but it's not an ideal situation. How many come from behind victories can u pull? Sens were down after 2 in 8 out 10 playoff games. That needs to change for next season.

5SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat May 25, 2013 8:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think we should look at stalberg. Really like his game.

6SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat May 25, 2013 9:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My thoughts (some have already been expressed in other threads):

1. Alfie: He'll be back, since it's an Olympic year. But I hope they give him some linemates to play with such that he doesn't have to do all the hitting.

2. Gonchar: It's been both good and bad, but I really think we need a RHS to play the in all situations. Gryba can't play the full two minutes of a PK, Karlsson's ice time is better spent ES or PP, and also on the offensive side of things how do we have on the right side beside Kalrsson.

3. I could see one of Conacher/Pageau (likely Conacher) and/or one of Greening/Smith being moved as part of a trade to bring in a legit top-six forward.

4. Silfverberg and Zibanejad need to have a lot more push-back, especially in the post-season. They did OK against the Habs, but to get out of the East you have to go through bigger teams (primarily Pittsburgh and Boston, but Philly, NY Rangers, Leafs, Capitals -- none of them are small; plus we have the Wings to contend with as will next year). Silfverberg and Zibanejad have size but need to get faster and meaner.

5. Actually, the whole team needs to learn to finish their checks every time. I'd like Neil to hit less (too many of his hits happen when he goes out of his way looking for someone); be opportunistic, but take advantage of opportunities presented. Same for the others, except in their case it would be *more* hits.

6. The forward we get *has to be* great on the PP. Our PP was pathetic us (not that we got that many opportunities); the Penguins could take liberties with immunity -- on the off-chance that the refs arm went up, big deal.

So, to sum it up, we are set in goal, center, 4th line and depth. We need a RHS defenseman that can play the PK but also contribute offensively. We desperately need a top-six winger who can score goals and improve our power play.

7SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat May 25, 2013 9:52 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:My thoughts (some have already been expressed in other threads):

1. Alfie: He'll be back, since it's an Olympic year. But I hope they give him some linemates to play with such that he doesn't have to do all the hitting.

2. Gonchar: It's been both good and bad, but I really think we need a RHS to play the in all situations. Gryba can't play the full two minutes of a PK, Karlsson's ice time is better spent ES or PP, and also on the offensive side of things how do we have on the right side beside Kalrsson.

3. I could see one of Conacher/Pageau (likely Conacher) and/or one of Greening/Smith being moved as part of a trade to bring in a legit top-six forward.

4. Silfverberg and Zibanejad need to have a lot more push-back, especially in the post-season. They did OK against the Habs, but to get out of the East you have to go through bigger teams (primarily Pittsburgh and Boston, but Philly, NY Rangers, Leafs, Capitals -- none of them are small; plus we have the Wings to contend with as will next year). Silfverberg and Zibanejad have size but need to get faster and meaner.

5. Actually, the whole team needs to learn to finish their checks every time. I'd like Neil to hit less (too many of his hits happen when he goes out of his way looking for someone); be opportunistic, but take advantage of opportunities presented. Same for the others, except in their case it would be *more* hits.

6. The forward we get *has to be* great on the PP. Our PP was pathetic us (not that we got that many opportunities); the Penguins could take liberties with immunity -- on the off-chance that the refs arm went up, big deal.

So, to sum it up, we are set in goal, center, 4th line and depth. We need a RHS defenseman that can play the PK but also contribute offensively. We desperately need a top-six winger who can score goals and improve our power play.
by the sounds of it we need to make a big trade for bogosian. RHD. our 1st, stone or conacher and smith or greening?

as for a top 6 forward well big Ev had some interesting options listed but again it's via trade.

8SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat May 25, 2013 11:26 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gotta get a first line winger. That is pretty much it.

9SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 12:24 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Gotta get a first line winger. That is pretty much it.

What does it take to get a bobby Ryan out of Anaheim? Additions of him and briere would really solidify our forward ranks.

To get any elite talent, Murray will have to look at tabling this years first rounder. Others IMO include:

- puempel
- da costa
- dziurzinky, grant
- job
- noesen
- weircioch / ceci?
- greening?
- Michalek?
- conacher?
- z smith?

10SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 12:49 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Briere has more playoff points than Alfie. Clutch.

11SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 1:41 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Gotta get a first line winger. That is pretty much it.

What does it take to get a bobby Ryan out of Anaheim? Additions of him and briere would really solidify our forward ranks.

To get any elite talent, Murray will have to look at tabling this years first rounder. Others IMO include:

- puempel
- da costa
- dziurzinky, grant
- job
- noesen
- weircioch / ceci?
- greening?
- Michalek?
- conacher?
- z smith?
fixed that for you

12SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 8:05 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Noesen hasn't played a shift in Bingo yet. How can anyone say he is untouchable? Not that I am suggesting trading him or keeping him, wouldn't give him up for a rental or older player, but too early to say he is untouchable.

Completely forgot we had Ceci. Any chance he could be a 6/7 this coming season? Playing behind Karlsson/Gryba on the right side, will help with offense, nice size although he's not very hard on the opposition. Can we really afford to have both Wiercioch and Ceci in the lineup, though, when we also have Karlsson? I guess if our forwards were tougher on the back-check.

I think toughness on the back-end is an issue. Phillips is getting old (and not hitting like he used to), we have Cowen and Gryba and that's it. I realize we have other D prospects, but Karlsson plays half the game, and our top D prospects are Wiercioch on the left and Ceci on the right.

Need someone like Bogo. Even more than a top-six winger, I think.

13SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 10:14 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully with the Ducks crashing out, maybe they'll want to mix up their roster a bit. Probably our 1st + Wiercioch + Greening? Is that too much? Not enough? I guess it depends if the Ducks are interested in more of a "hockey trade" where they get a top notch player coming back too...in which case, what if they ask for our 1st + Cowen?

14SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 10:51 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I think Zack Smith is gonzo.
Spezza
Turris
Pageau
ZIbanejad

15SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 11:31 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Briere has more playoff points than Alfie. Clutch.

I feel that's our guy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum