GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013

+20
Cap'n Clutch
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
Vandelay
sandysensfan
NEELY
Hoags
LeCaptain
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
spader
SensHulk
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

16SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 10:14 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully with the Ducks crashing out, maybe they'll want to mix up their roster a bit. Probably our 1st + Wiercioch + Greening? Is that too much? Not enough? I guess it depends if the Ducks are interested in more of a "hockey trade" where they get a top notch player coming back too...in which case, what if they ask for our 1st + Cowen?

17SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 10:51 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

I think Zack Smith is gonzo.
Spezza
Turris
Pageau
ZIbanejad

18SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 11:31 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Briere has more playoff points than Alfie. Clutch.

I feel that's our guy.

19SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 11:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:I think Zack Smith is gonzo.
Spezza
Turris
Pageau
ZIbanejad

Ive thought the same for a while. Stalberg and Hjarlmasson for smith + something.

20SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 12:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Spezza
Turris
Pageau
ZIbanejad

Ive thought the same for a while. Stalberg and Hjarlmasson for smith + something.
you mean as in stalberg who is a UFA?

21SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 12:17 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Noesen hasn't played a shift in Bingo yet. How can anyone say he is untouchable? Not that I am suggesting trading him or keeping him, wouldn't give him up for a rental or older player, but too early to say he is untouchable.

Completely forgot we had Ceci. Any chance he could be a 6/7 this coming season? Playing behind Karlsson/Gryba on the right side, will help with offense, nice size although he's not very hard on the opposition. Can we really afford to have both Wiercioch and Ceci in the lineup, though, when we also have Karlsson? I guess if our forwards were tougher on the back-check.

I think toughness on the back-end is an issue. Phillips is getting old (and not hitting like he used to), we have Cowen and Gryba and that's it. I realize we have other D prospects, but Karlsson plays half the game, and our top D prospects are Wiercioch on the left and Ceci on the right.

Need someone like Bogo. Even more than a top-six winger, I think.

I think that with noeson he has the potential to be a real good player for us and at the same time as you stated he hasen't played Pro hockey yet. therefore his value isn't as high as we might think. I think he wouldn't be a key component in a trade that would be put together. therefore I think there's no reason to even put him into a package.

22SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 12:21 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spezza
Turris
Pageau
ZIbanejad
I agree. Although I think he's more solid then what people are giving him credit for this season. he's not the same player that earned the contract he was given. we're also quite solid down the middle now going forward.
whether he actually gets moved though depends on if there's enough interest out there for what he brings at fair value.
A team Like Edmonton should be all over that in my opinion.
I wonder what we could pry off edmonton with Zack and Cowen.
again personally Id prefer to retain Cowen.

23SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

I feel that's our guy.
I'm not convinced they'll actually buy him out now.

24SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 1:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Spezza
Turris
Pageau
ZIbanejad

you mean as in stalberg who is a UFA?

Oh, I thought he was an RFA. I guess we'd take his rights and see what happens then.

25SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 1:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I feel that's our guy.

They don't really have a choice IMO.

26SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

No need for Briere when we have Pageau.

27SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:No need for Briere when we have Pageau.

That makes no sense, sorry. One is a winger who excels on the PP, which Pageau isn't on yet, and has a plethora of playoff experience, which we don't have much of aside from a couple of rounds.

28SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I feel that's our guy.

It's basically confirmed.

29SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 3:32 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, I'm with Ev here as well which seems to be the normal lately. Briere is a guy who performs when it matters, can play every forward position, and is just a really solid player. He isn't the last piece but he's a good one.

30SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Yah, I'm with Ev here as well which seems to be the normal lately. Briere is a guy who performs when it matters, can play every forward position, and is just a really solid player. He isn't the last piece but he's a good one.

SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Tumblr_lu9q2ocPMt1qe2rjy

31SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 4:00 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wow, well played.

32SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 4:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There are so many reasons for the Sens to go after Briere.

1.He's only owed $5 million dollars for the next two seasons combined - so 2.5 million per in real money (3 and 2 actually), but his cap hit is 6.5. So, the Sens get a big cap hit, but don't spend that amount of money = win/win.

2.Despite what Flyers fans say, he's 100% not 'done'.

3.He plays wing and would look good on Spezza's wing.

4.He's a leader, always has been + he's very competitive.

5.He's from the area.

6.He's basically Mr. Playoffs. A huge clutch performer, and we could obviously use that.

7.He can help guys like Pageau, Silfverberg and Zibanejad mature and learn the ropes of the NHL.

I'm trying to think of one thing that's not to like about him right now. He's a little bit dirty and a little bit of a diver, but those can be overlooked IMO.

33SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 4:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Another guy who would look great here is Dupuis.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum