GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013

+20
Cap'n Clutch
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
Vandelay
sandysensfan
NEELY
Hoags
LeCaptain
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
spader
SensHulk
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

31SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 4:00 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wow, well played.

32SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 4:16 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:No need for Briere when we have Pageau.

There are so many reasons for the Sens to go after Briere.

1.He's only owed $5 million dollars for the next two seasons combined - so 2.5 million per in real money (3 and 2 actually), but his cap hit is 6.5. So, the Sens get a big cap hit, but don't spend that amount of money = win/win.

2.Despite what Flyers fans say, he's 100% not 'done'.

3.He plays wing and would look good on Spezza's wing.

4.He's a leader, always has been + he's very competitive.

5.He's from the area.

6.He's basically Mr. Playoffs. A huge clutch performer, and we could obviously use that.

7.He can help guys like Pageau, Silfverberg and Zibanejad mature and learn the ropes of the NHL.

I'm trying to think of one thing that's not to like about him right now. He's a little bit dirty and a little bit of a diver, but those can be overlooked IMO.

33SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 4:19 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Another guy who would look great here is Dupuis.

34SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 4:19 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

His current contract structure would not apply if he is bought out. He'd be contract-less.

35SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 5:23 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Briere would add much needed depth but he isn't an answer or a "must have". He's a guy that might put you over the top come playoff time but you still need a guy in the form of a game breaker.

36SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 5:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:His current contract structure would not apply if he is bought out. He'd be contract-less.

Why buy him out then? Just acquire him.

37SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 5:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Briere would add much needed depth but he isn't an answer or a "must have". He's a guy that might put you over the top come playoff time but you still need a guy in the form of a game breaker.

That's not gonna happen. It would be Briere and Gonchar or a Gonchar replacement.

38SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 6:05 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Ceci is no where near ready for the NHL... His defense needs work...

I'm willing to let some of the youngs guys like Noeson/Puemple play part of or a whole season in the AHL before giving up on them...

DaCosta probably goes to Europe or his rights are traded.. I don't think he stays in Bingo...

I can't see them trading Greening... or Smith.

39SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Briere would add much needed depth but he isn't an answer or a "must have". He's a guy that might put you over the top come playoff time but you still need a guy in the form of a game breaker.

That's not gonna happen. It would be Briere and Gonchar or a Gonchar replacement.

They can add Briere via free agency and trade for a top line winger as well.

40SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Ev wrote:His current contract structure would not apply if he is bought out. He'd be contract-less.

nobody wants Briere at that caphit right now

41SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:Another guy who would look great here is Dupuis.

Ya I'm on board with this one. Great fit for our system.

42SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 7:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

We need to get to the floor. He's a good player for $2.5M if you have room for his cap hit.

43SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 8:11 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Vandelay wrote:

Dupuis will get more than he should from some team and I doubt he'll produce as well outside of Pittsburgh.

44SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 9:35 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:Ceci is no where near ready for the NHL... His defense needs work...

I'm willing to let some of the youngs guys like Noeson/Puemple play part of or a whole season in the AHL before giving up on them...

DaCosta probably goes to Europe or his rights are traded.. I don't think he stays in Bingo...

I'm sorry? Who's giving up on them? scratch

45SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 9:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I would bet good money that we're nowhere near the cap ceiling for next season and that Melnyk would look at that as a bargain in real money.

I'll bet that 1/3 of teams could take on that cap hit without any issues at all. The issue lies in Briere's NMC I guess, but if I was Philly, I'd obviously already be talking to Briere about a list of teams.

46SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 9:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
Vandelay wrote:

Dupuis will get more than he should from some team and I doubt he'll produce as well outside of Pittsburgh.

The problem is that he's 34, so he's getting up there as a player and I could see him wanting a 4 year, big money deal. I bet he gets a minimum of 16 million dollars on his next deal, but I think he fits our system beautifully. 20 goal guy the last two years - and he's a nice defensive conscience for Spezza and would be a nice leader to add.

Plus, I realize he's got 43 points in 90+ playoff games, but he's very clutch I find.

47SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun May 26, 2013 9:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:Ceci is no where near ready for the NHL... His defense needs work...

I'm sorry? Who's giving up on them? scratch

I think she means trade them and 'give up on them'. I'm really excited for Noesen. I bet he plays in Ottawa for at least part of the year next year. Great blend of skill and grit.

48SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon May 27, 2013 7:23 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dupuis wouldn't be a bad addition, but he'll likely get waaaaay more than he's worth (the Crosby effect).

Briere wouldn't be a bad addition...he's 35, but he still has game. Neither one of these guys really puts us over the top, but they'd be good moves, regardless of what else we do.

We really do need that top line winger. Perry would've been perfect obviously, but that's off the table...Ryan would be nice. The Ducks are right up agains the cap next season, but still don't have to move him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum