GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Oglethorpe
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Didn't read the article but listening to him on 1200 right now. He's sure the contract offered to Karlsson was "north of $80M". There was situation it was the same offer that Doughty got but he could not confirm it. He also *did not* confirm the term was 8 which is interesting, given that he was quite definite that it was north of $80M.

Then I 100% would have taken that if I were Karlsson. It's obvious to me: a) he doesn't want to be here, or b) there is something (or someone) here that is making him not want to re-sign

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Didn't read the article but listening to him on 1200 right now. He's sure the contract offered to Karlsson was "north of $80M". There was situation it was the same offer that Doughty got but he could not confirm it. He also *did not* confirm the term was 8 which is interesting, given that he was quite definite that it was north of $80M.

Then I 100% would have taken that if I were Karlsson. It's obvious to me: a) he doesn't want to be here, or b) there is something (or someone) here that is making him not want to re-sign

If you mean that someone being Melnyk then yeah. Or it could be that him and Melinda just don’t wanna play for Ottawa anymore. Maybe they want to reside somewhere else, play in a nicer local with a more promising team. It’s pretty obvious that Tampa is willing to offer him a contract so he just has to ride out the year wherever. Seems like the time to trade him was at the trade deadline last year. Dorion flubbed that one

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Karlsson won't be traded anymore. I don't see him not being a Senator long term now

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Karlsson won't be traded anymore. I don't see him not being a Senator long term now

How do you see this playing out? When is he signing a new contract, and what steps lead up to that (i.e. Euge selling or whatever)?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Karlsson won't be traded anymore. I don't see him not being a Senator long term now

How do you see this playing out?  When is he signing a new contract, and what steps lead up to that (i.e. Euge selling or whatever)?

I think there's way too much smoke for the team not to be sold, at least a certain % sold to a partner. Everything has been quiet and there are too many rumors.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So you think the Euge will sell and then EK will ink a new contract with the new owner?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:So you think the Euge will sell and then EK will ink a new contract with the new owner?

There’s lots of scenarios, that’s one of them. Kermit

And then when Karlsson re-signs, we can watch people on here start calling Karlsson the best in the game again after Dung on him and saying he’d be traded.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:So you think the Euge will sell and then EK will ink a new contract with the new owner?

Yes. If they were going to trade Karlsson they would have done it months ago. It's been a complete 180 the last few months.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hope you all are right. I’m not sure kalrsson will want to resign with only a new partner. I wouldn’t be surprised if what it takes is uncle Euge to be completely out of the picture. And even then, I think he’s done with the whole thing. He’s moved on.

We’ll see though. Maybe if he starts the season with the team and we’re doing ok maybe he reevaluates. We’re all human, we can change our minds. But as it stands today I’m inclined to believe it would take mountains for him to stay with the Sens.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Look, Melnyk may be a huge pos but here's just the owner. Most of the time he's not even around. What happened in the dressing room and in his personal life had a lot more to do with Karlsson bring unhappy than anything Melnyk could have said or done.

I'm sure there are great owners out there as well as goodness asses like Melnyk. Look at what happened in Florida (when your GM gets denied like that it had to have come from the owner), Carolina, Montreal (Bergevin may have destroyed that team but the fact that he's still there makes me wonder how much of that is coming from Molson). At the end of the day, 11 of the 12 teams with higher payrolls didn't win the Cup, and a team near the bottom of that list came in second. They day Tampa has the best team and best chance to win? They've been saying that for thtee years. Would adding Karlsson put them over the top? Possibly, but there are no guarantees. It's say keeping Karlsson, Stone, Duchene and adding Tkachuk, White, Brown, Formenton could do the same for the Senators. Maybe not right away but in 2-3 years for sure.

Going to Tampa will give guarantee that he'll pay less in taxes, that's about it. The weather is only better during the winter, when he's busy being on the ice. Quality of life, otherwise, it's definitely better here.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Anyone see the posts from some media guy at le droit? Keeps tweeting that a sale is being workes on contrary to what is being reported elsewhere

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

JF Plante:
Karlsson will stay if there is a change in ownership. The waiting continues as negotiations are still on even if the concerned people say there are no talks.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

What you don't realize is he likes who could be coming in. You may be surprised.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Spill.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Paul Gallant, Senators' Director of Game Productions - whatever that title means - it's leaving to go back to the Canadiens.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Spill.

Sorry, I took your second post to mean you one something. Didn't realize you were just copy/pasting the tweets.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think ownership started the ball rolling with Kalrsson. Then you start thinking about how green the grass would be elsewhere. And tampa’s Grass is pretty green looking from the outside. And they want him.

Maybe he resigns. Who knows. Maybe if Alfie is part of the new ownship.

We’ll see.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Alfie is the one referred to by the "you'd be surprised" part, then, no, we wouldn't be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum