GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Oglethorpe
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 67]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

9M for Stone is nuts. dude is crazy.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

For one season? He had better PPG than Ovechkin, on a team that couldn't score. You realize that on a long term deal he would ask for a lower AAV in exchange for security.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Duchene is like Ryan was. We have up too much to let him walk. They will do what they can to re-sign him. He also has a lot to prove, one of the things he has to prove is that he's not a troublemaker and a good team guy.

Except Duchene came into Ottawa and played amazing hockey. Despite being near pointless for the first while in Ottawa, he still managed 49 in 68. Best forward we've had since Alfie IMO (although an argument can be made for Stone).

Keeping Stone and Duchene is KEY for this organization. More Duchene than Stone if we need to go in one direction.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I meant when they extended Ryan. Everybody was wondering if he would sign and some were surprised when he did. But the Sens had given up so much to get him (and didn't they just lose Spezza?)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stone is more valuable, IMO. Heard on the radio this morning that they had moved his stall to the center of the room so he would be in the middle. His leadership skills are apparently up the roof (I thought so, but they pretty much confirmed it ok the radio). Duchene had the speed but Stone has higher hockey IQ and leadership.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Imagine taking Stone to arbitration, getting a one year contract out of it, Ottawa can't start negotiations on a new contract until January, and he's a UFA in year....what a mess that would be.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Imagine? It's the reality. No way Stone signs anything long-term. His best move is to sign a one year deal and decide his own fate once there are more certainties surrounding the team. IMO Stone is gone. Duchene will stay but it will cost the Sens a fortune to keep him.

I listened to 1200 this AM and forgot how much of a tire fire the actual games played were last year. I hope Dorion's "plan" was to get record low attendance this year because that may be the only plan of theirs that comes to fruition. What a joke.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I believe Stone actually, legitimately cares about winning. With that in mind, how could he commit long term to the Sens when the other two best players on the team (Karlsson and Duchene) both don't have contracts after next season, and it sounds like one of them has a foot out the door already?

There would obviously be a bunch of other factors in play.

I dunno...I guess I always assumed that Duchene and Stone would just be resigned long term. If Stone actually goes to arbitration, I think he'll be out of here in, at most, a year and that seems really, really terrible.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He could always request a trade. It really isn't that big of a deal.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:He could always request a trade. It really isn't that big of a deal.

I don't know what you're smoking, but obviously losing a great player like Stone is a big deal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You didn't understand what I meant.

Stone can sign a long term deal with Ottawa because if things don't improve (internal budget, insane owner) he could request a trade.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No big deal for Stone.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He's right. Stone should sign. At least if he does get traded he can help the org out with a good return. He can put in a NTC to direct where he wants to go. He'd be best of signing a 8 x 7.5M deal. Duchene at 8 x 8M. Both in Kucherov ballpark. Wouldn't pay much more for either.

I imagine the Karlsson trade was supposed to have brought in some young blood to improve key areas on the team. The reality is the Sens are worse roster wise than last year. Going to be a long season in Ottawa.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

When will the Ceci decision be made public?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He's right. Stone should sign. At least if he does get traded he can help the org out with a good return. He can put in a NTC to direct where he wants to go. He'd be best of signing a 8 x 7.5M deal. Duchene at 8 x 8M. Both in Kucherov ballpark. Wouldn't pay much more for either.

I imagine the Karlsson trade was supposed to have brought in some young blood to improve key areas on the team. The reality is the Sens are worse roster wise than last year. Going to be a long season in Ottawa.

So stone requests a trade, Ottawa says no. End of story.
Most GM try and accommodate but they don’t have to. They didn’t accommodate Trouba in Winnipeg.

Stone is gonna get crazy money a year from now in FA. Why would he stay if he wants to win. This team won’t be doing much winning if or when they lose Kalrsson, duchene and stone. Boy oh boy I can’t wait till reality hits the fan on everyone. No one has a new contract and it’s august. The optics are terrible. They better not wait till the trade deadline to trade everyone.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It's certainly hit me already. Go jets Go, let's go Buffalo

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think people are really reaching and dramatizing here. Things won't be looking so bad in a few months IMO.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

You sure you're not a dorion burner account?

Also, James mirtle on twitter mentioning rumblings of a trade. Zero context. Probably just trolling

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum