GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Oglethorpe
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Back to business.

Flo, I was dead set against the Tkachuk pick but the kid has won me over.  I'm not saying I'm running out to buy his jersey but I'm really looking forward to seeing him in regular season action.

You should read Ian's latest article. The one before was all his speculation (since there was nothing going from management). Today's article was written after spending some time with Dorion.  

I may also be mixing in from Bruce's article:
- the "10 new players" is relative to the start of last season, so it already imcluded moving out Phaneuf, Oduya, Thompson, Claesson, Turris, Hoffman, and probably some I'm missing
- it also means that the 10 *new* players would include White and Chlapik and Chabot.
- The Atlantic is competitive? Boston did last year what we're doing now. It could work for us just as well. Buffalo (IMO) will struggle without ROR's leadership. Dahlin has not proven himself to be the next Karlsson yet, and Karlsson wasn't fantastic in year one. That team is still led by Eichel and I still maintain they were better off trading down.
- Montreal won't improve until Bergie is gone, and they won't get a great pick if Price is still there.
- Boston could be in for a little regression. They still rely too much on Chara and it will catch up to them
- Tampa will continue to do well in the regular season.
- Florida? I don't get the hype. They had *one* good season, got rid of their coach and heart-and-soul leader, and their goalie is getting old.
- Detroit is in shambles.

Last edited by wprager on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Back to business.

Flo, I was dead set against the Tkachuk pick but the kid has won me over.  I'm not saying I'm running out to buy his jersey but I'm really looking forward to seeing him in regular season action.

You should read Ian's latest article. The one before was all his speculation (since there was nothing going from management). Today's article was written after spending some time with Dorion.  

- the "10 new players" is relative to the start of last season, so it already imcluded moving out Phaneuf, Oduya, Thompson, Claesson, Turris, Hoffman, and probably some I'm missing
- it also means that the 10 *new* players would include White and Chlapik and Chabot.
- The Atlantic is competitive? Boston did last year what we're doing now. It could work for us just as well. Buffalo (IMO) will struggle without ROR's leadership. Dahlin has not proven himself to be the next Karlsson yet, and Karlsson wasn't fantastic in year one. That team is still led by Eichel and I still maintain they were better off trading down.
- Montreal won't improve until Bergie is gone, and they won't get a great pick if Price is still there.
- Boston could be in for a little regression. They still rely too much on Chara and it will catch up to them
- Florida? I don't get the hype. They had *one* good season, got rid of their coach and heart-and-soul leader, and their goalie is getting old.
- Detroit is in sjamble6.

oh I read that article. although I think they are backtracking for Melnyk. the 10 players, he specified that it would be players that played less than 10 games for the sens. so I'm not buying it. my guess is he cornered Boro into a room and locked he door while he set up the camera in a try-pod with Dorion trying to push the door in. Laugh1

no the Atlantic will be very competitive by the time we are ready to compete is what I'm saying. I'm talking about our "timeline" under the new plan.
I could see the habs being bottom three this year so if they manage to land Hugues... whatchout.
the habs are quietly rebuilding, Detroit is rebuilding, Buffalo is climbing out of their rebuild and then you have Boston and Toronto with young kids making their way, Florida might be arriving there also and Tampa has a lot of good prospect but it depends if they part with any of them to try and win now.

in 3-4 years it might be one of the best division.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Back to business.

- Detroit is in sjamble6.

I also like Tkachuk but I have to see him against men. he seemed to be using an awful lot in the one game in the rookie tournament. he showed some great playmaking but his goal attempts and goals weren't exactly too skillful. not that he can't develop that in the NHL but I'd rather he develop his offensive skills against easier competition

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He showed nice soft hands on his first goal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Atlantic is at it's peak of competitiveness right now - in that Toronto soon will get cap Cussed, so as people have been saying for a while, this is their year - and last I checked Tavares doesn't play defence, so they're looking to outscore opponents without great D, which literally never works.

By the time we're ready Buffalo will be strong, so that's one big hurdle. Montreal...no one knows what they're doing, but the Pacioretty trade was really good in getting back a top prospect.

Detroit is terrible and has very little future - although, the Zadina pick is amazing.

There's literally only one way for TB to go - and that's down. We'll see if they fall slowly, or if they can integrate their youth into positions to succeed, but I don't think they're have more than 2 more chances at a Cup before the Cap makes it very hard.

Florida is is purgatory.

Boston is amazing. Look out for them - until their cogs get too old to play effective work, but Krejci and bergeron should have some years left.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anyone know this @NHLConfidant guy?

The Karlsson trade in which I'm told is close to being completed is as follows.
#NJD get Karlsson, Ryan, 3rd
#Sens get McLeod, Zacha, Severson, 1st

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And another from the same guy:

Someone within the NJ PR department has confirmed the Devils have begun creating promotional material set to release in Sweden featuring Marcus Johansson & Erik Karlsson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I mean, there's left field, and then there's way over the left field wall and out onto the parking lot.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bobby Mac says he thinks it'll be a Western conference team if Karlsson is traded in the next 24 hours.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was with Lagoon thinking he would not be traded now...but I think it's for the better

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bulls_hit.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I was with Lagoon thinking he would not be traded now...but I think it's for the better

As for the last part, I’m starting to agree but what a complete lack of vision they’ve had. Terrible terrible mismanagement for the last almost year.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Apparently Karlsson has not yet reported to camp. Only other player not there is Gaborik

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Just a late arrived showed up now

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Erik Karlsson is at the CTC. They're in a "team meeting" or something. He is supposed to talk to the media at 1pm. The Sens and EK were probably hoping to have a trade done by now....

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:I was with Lagoon thinking he would not be traded now...but I think it's for the better

As for the last part, I’m starting to agree but what a complete lack of vision they’ve had. Terrible terrible mismanagement for the last almost year.

not sure what you mean

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Anyone know this @NHLConfidant guy?

The Karlsson trade in which I'm told is close to being completed is as follows.
#NJD get Karlsson, Ryan, 3rd
#Sens get McLeod, Zacha, Severson, 1st

Wow. I’d be surprised if NJD did that. That’s a trade you make if you’re Ottawa.i doubt it gets better than that. McLeod could be a number 1C but more likely a a 2C. Zacha would look great here and then a 1st and a right hand D that can play top 4 on the right. Looks always too perfect.
The only way you don’t say yes to this is if Tampa comes back with sergachev, point and a 1st/foot deal.

I don’t put much trust in Twitter rumours but whoever dreamed up this team put a good offer together 😂

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Forget the NJD thing. That's fake news. According to Dreger, San Jose is making a huge push right now to land EK.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum