GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Oglethorpe
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I saw something on Reddit regarding someone who claims to have been told that a sale is imminent. Essentially this person's friend has business with the Sens but was told to hold off because of possible changes. Paraphrasing quickly - I believe 6th Sens shared the link which I cannot access at work.

I posted the link just a couple posts above you

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:The debate of Tkachuk is kind of pointless right now.  

Step #1: Sign a pro contract - he's done that
Step #2: Training camp/exhibition games
Step #3: Regular season NHL games (max of 9)
Step #4: Make a decision

Ev beat me to it. I wanted to say, exactly.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Are we in agreement with Pronman's ranking in the Athletic?
Sens ranked 13th for prospects.

1. Tkachuk
2. Chabot
3. Brown
4. Formenton
5. Chlapik
6. Batherson
7. White
8. Wolanin
9. Gustavsson
10. Tychonik

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Are we in agreement with Pronman's ranking in the Athletic?

1. Tkachuk
2. Chabot
3. Brown
4. Formenton
5. Chlapik
6. Batherson
7. White
8. Wolanin
9. Gustavsson
10. Tychonik

I had them at around 15th I think, 13th is close enough. I will try and find my old post on here.

Here it is - http://www.gmhockey.com/t6608p870-ottawa-senators-present-and-past-tidbits-quick-hits#443624

Apparently. I had them ranked 14th off the top of my head when I did a runndown of teams with better prospects than ours. Ahhhhh!

I said this too on July 6th - “Thank you for your opinion. I hope you are right because I feel we have some good prospects and depth currently. If I had to guess i’d say our organizational rank is 15th or 16th and if we do trade Karlsson, it should only get stronger.”

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it's OK, but I don't consider Chabot a prospect. Would have White 3rd and Batherson 5th, and JBD in the list instead of Tychonik.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Are we in agreement with Pronman's ranking in the Athletic?

1. Tkachuk
2. Chabot
3. Brown
4. Formenton
5. Chlapik
6. Batherson
7. White
8. Wolanin
9. Gustavsson
10. Tychonik

He has different parameters for his rankings and I would use the other one he published that has Chabot out of them.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I think it's OK, but I don't consider Chabot a prospect. Would have White 3rd and Batherson 5th, and JBD in the list instead of Tychonik.

JBD is 11th so not much distinguishable difference in my opinion.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I think it's OK, but I don't consider Chabot a prospect. Would have White 3rd and Batherson 5th, and JBD in the list instead of Tychonik.

With Chabot no-longer a prospect you can rank both JBD and Tychonik in the top 10 Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

For the record, I never agree with Pronman. His refusal to look at goaltending (arguably the most important position) is frustrating.

I also think it's impossible for one person to properly assess 31 teams. It would be much better to have a group of scouts, each covering a specific geographical area. Rank players like the old HockeysFuture used to do, picking specific players to do some overlapped ranking to keep everything normalized.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah I don’t know about that ranking although I can appreciate white dropping I still keep him in my 4rth spot because he’s quite close to making the NHL. He’s bellow batherson because batherson has top 6 written all over him but white might turn out to be a 3rd line Center. It came very close to sliding him into 5th too because Formenton has such world class speed but I want to see how much he’s filled in and how he performs at training camp before surpassing white.

It’s hard to justify chabot as a prospect anymore. He’s a young player for sure but prospect might be a reach.
Gustavsson is higher for me because he’s far and away the most exciting prospect we’ve had in goal since Lehner. Probably will be better too.

Tkachuk
Brown
Batherson
White
Formenton
Gustavsson
Chlapik
Wolanin
JBD
Tychonik

There’s a case to be made for Luchuk to squeeze into the top 10 but I also want to see how he does in the pros we’ll call him a sleeper.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Garrioch article on Karlsson's situation:

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/garrioch-ottawa-senators-willing-to-be-patient-on-an-erik-karlsson-trade

Nothing really new here I guess...

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Didn't read the article but listening to him on 1200 right now. He's sure the contract offered to Karlsson was "north of $80M". There was situation it was the same offer that Doughty got but he could not confirm it. He also *did not* confirm the term was 8 which is interesting, given that he was quite definite that it was north of $80M.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Could Karlsson, Stone, Duchene have taken out insurance on this season against potential future earnings?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Could Karlsson, Stone, Duchene have taken out insurance on this season against potential future earnings?

What?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Didn't read the article but listening to him on 1200 right now. He's sure the contract offered to Karlsson was "north of $80M". There was situation it was the same offer that Doughty got but he could not confirm it. He also *did not* confirm the term was 8 which is interesting, given that he was quite definite that it was north of $80M.

Then I 100% would have taken that if I were Karlsson. It's obvious to me: a) he doesn't want to be here, or b) there is something (or someone) here that is making him not want to re-sign

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Didn't read the article but listening to him on 1200 right now. He's sure the contract offered to Karlsson was "north of $80M". There was situation it was the same offer that Doughty got but he could not confirm it. He also *did not* confirm the term was 8 which is interesting, given that he was quite definite that it was north of $80M.

Then I 100% would have taken that if I were Karlsson. It's obvious to me: a) he doesn't want to be here, or b) there is something (or someone) here that is making him not want to re-sign

If you mean that someone being Melnyk then yeah. Or it could be that him and Melinda just don’t wanna play for Ottawa anymore. Maybe they want to reside somewhere else, play in a nicer local with a more promising team. It’s pretty obvious that Tampa is willing to offer him a contract so he just has to ride out the year wherever. Seems like the time to trade him was at the trade deadline last year. Dorion flubbed that one

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Karlsson won't be traded anymore. I don't see him not being a Senator long term now

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum