GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Oglethorpe
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I agree with lagoon . The conditions on the pick aren't threatening at all . Dorion probably thought he was out Gaming Wilson while Wilson and his counterparts probably had the speaker phone on mute while laughing the entire time

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:We are in a  Position where next years pick could be Hugues. No way should we have drafted Tkachuk. Top 5 next year will all be better or equal to Tkachuk. Diddle Dorion. Diddle Melnyk and Diddle this half assed rebuild

Yeah and I could win the lottery tonight.

"Could be" is no guarantee. You take the guaranteed #4 any day of the week. People will be eating crow on Tkachuk in due time.

I agree that the right thing to do was to take the #4 pick this year. Too many unknowns next season. We likely won't finish dead last and then would also still need to do "well" in the lottery and there's no guarantees there either.

I have no idea what to expect from the Sens come October.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Expect them to be terrible. Ceci is our #1 dman. On. A good team he's bottom pairing. Not sure how anyone can be optimistic going into this season right now.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

My biggest concern is our defensive core right now. Hopefully Chabot and Wolanin are able to step up with big minutes

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Even with karlsson I was concerned about the defense

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We got rid of two players who didn’t play wel in their own zone all that well, so I think we will be better defensively at least

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who's playing defence on this team - serious question. This might be the worst defence on any team in years.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Depends how good you think Chabot will be . I think this d looks an awful lot like Phillys last year

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

When talking about D, I don't know what to expect from Wideman, Boro, and Wolanin. These guys all had flashes of being good at various points last year. Time will tell. I don't expect the D to be good.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Serious discussion and I'm not trying to Dung on a guy after he is traded or anything like that, but last year, did our team not look the best when Karlsson was out of the lineup to start the year? This will be the very first time in years that they won't be looking for ONE guy to do everything for the whole team. Often times they literally gave it to Karlsson and waited for him to do something. I think you'll see team play and compete level be at an all time high.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I also think Phaneuf helped at the beginning of the year the defense seemed a lot worse once we traded him to L.A.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Serious discussion and I'm not trying to Dung on a guy after he is traded or anything like that, but last year, did our team not look the best when Karlsson was out of the lineup to start the year? This will be the very first time in years that they won't be looking for ONE guy to do everything for the whole team. Often times they literally gave it to Karlsson and waited for him to do something. I think you'll see team play and compete level be at an all time high.

I'm not going to discount the fact that the team played better without Karlsson for some points, he's one of those guys that can help you win but isn't exactly a team guy from time to time, but he ate up 25 minutes of icetime - and someone has to make up that time - and the rest of our D is very young or very mediocre and everyone should be scared.

Ceci getting away from Phaenuf might be the best thing that ever happened to him though, so we'll see what happens.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I still can't believe they didn't discuss an extension with Duchene all Cussing summer. Dorion and Melnyk just sat there and jerked each other and did Diddle all. How embarrassing. I assume they don't want to re-sign Duchene, because why put yourself in that position?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I still can't believe they didn't discuss an extension with Duchene all Cussing summer.  Dorion and Melnyk just sat there and jerked each other and did Diddle all.  How embarrassing.  I assume they don't want to re-sign Duchene, because why put yourself in that position?

they probably have discussed it

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I still can't believe they didn't discuss an extension with Duchene all Cussing summer.  Dorion and Melnyk just sat there and jerked each other and did Diddle all.  How embarrassing.  I assume they don't want to re-sign Duchene, because why put yourself in that position?

Duchene came right out and said that a new contract had not been discussed.  This was a few days ago that he said that.

I'm not too concerned about Duchene...let the season play out a bit, let's see what kind of leader Duchene can be. If it ain't working, we can deal him too.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Duchene came right out and said that a new contract had not been discussed.  This was a few days ago that he said that.

I'm not too concerned about Duchene...let the season play out a bit, let's see what kind of leader Duchene can be.  If it ain't working, we can deal him too.

If you believe things said in the media I don’t know what to say

Duchene also said he talked to Dorion this summer about other stuff...you don’t think they talked contract or karlsson trade? 1000%

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He said Dorion had bigger priorities to deal with ie: Randy Lee, Hoffman/Karlsson, and Karlsson trade. I expect Duchene to sign an extension before the start of the season .

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He said they didn't begin *negotiations*. They certainly discussed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum