GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Oglethorpe
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 46 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The only way that Ottawa ends up "winning" this deal is if Karlsson declines. And I think he'll be just fine.

I said it before, and I'll say it again here...Trading Karlsson, while totally Dung for the here and now, might be the best play long term. That said, if we're totally rebuilding here, then the return for Hoffman doesn't make any sense.

This might not be the end of torching it all to the ground. We'll see what happens with Stone and Duchene.

Anyway, cool that Eugene is saving a bunch more money now. He's gonna need some to get through this season...attendance will be at an all time low.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

This was never about winning the trade. It was unwinnable from the start. But with the return they got I honestly would have preferred just picks.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Still can't wait for the season to start. Still optimistic. PP will be better. Team will be faster. Anderson will be better.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:The return was horrible. The only silver lining is he's going to Tampa and we get another pick.

Dorion tried to bluff putting out that rumour that a trade was imminent and other GMs called his bluff.  I can't defend him any more. He's got to go.  A competent GM would have stood up to Melnyk and refused to make these trades.

We only get a 1st of he gets traded this year. If he walks away this off season to sign with Tampa we get nothing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Crap.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

none of this is sitting well with me.

for the first time in ever I've wondered if I should continue being a fan of this team. this ownership/management group has made this experience a disgusting one and it leaves such a sour taste in my mouth. I don't feel we are getting the pieces to be able to compete on the highest level and we don't even have our first round pick next year on what will surely be a disastrous season. our D is laughable. no way we finish outside of bottom three.

this isn't a rebuild, this is complete and utter stupidity.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Boy was I wrong.

If I was Doug Wilson, those conditions Dorion put in the deal wouldn’t scare me one bit. I’d go ahead and deal Karlsson to an Eastern Conference team and get a real return for him.

The funny thing is, Dorion put them in there thinking that those conditions put the deal over the top in his favour. He’s wrong. That’s how inept he is.

Complete and utter mismanagement. Especially if we are to believe this was the plan since February, yet 4 months later, choose to keep the pick and take Tkachuk. When you consider all the other mind boggling moves, scouting and internal conflict within the organization, this is indefensible.

The Top 8 draft picks next year are all twice the player Brady Tkachuk is in my opinion.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Disagree with you on Tkachuk. Guess we'll see.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dorion is very bad at lying. Guess that means he's probably not a bad person.

But he was definitely lying. What was he converting up is not clear. He got fleeced in the Hoffman deal. At the very least he should have tried dealing with anyone else other than Wilson. If you can't be competent at least be bitter.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I respect anybody’s opinion about the management but I’m very high on Tkachuk and think he’s a better option than most of those top picks next year . I also think the sens will finish around 10th last

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We are in a Position where next years pick could be Hugues. No way should we have drafted Tkachuk. Top 5 next year will all be better or equal to Tkachuk. Diddle Dorion. Diddle Melnyk and Diddle this half assed rebuild

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:We are in a  Position where next years pick could be Hugues. No way should we have drafted Tkachuk. Top 5 next year will all be better or equal to Tkachuk. Diddle Dorion. Diddle Melnyk and Diddle this half assed rebuild

Yeah and I could win the lottery tonight.

"Could be" is no guarantee. You take the guaranteed #4 any day of the week. People will be eating crow on Tkachuk in due time.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Pageau had surgery last night minimum 6 months out

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:We are in a  Position where next years pick could be Hugues. No way should we have drafted Tkachuk. Top 5 next year will all be better or equal to Tkachuk. Diddle Dorion. Diddle Melnyk and Diddle this half assed rebuild

"Could be" is no guarantee. You take the guaranteed #4 any day of the week. People will be eating crow on Tkachuk in due time.

I don’t see any possibility where Tkachuk ends up being a better player than who Colorado will draft in 2019, and that should have been obvious to the Sens in February if this was indeed their plan. Obviously there is no point being agressive with my opinion until they call a name on the draft floor.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It's possible that Karlsson was only willing to sign an extension with Tampa . That could have killed any leverage Ottawa had in a trade hence all the conditional picks included. For a one year deal SJ gave up a lot of quantity - not quality.

I hate the trade. Dorion yet again got fleeced and can't assess player valuation. Everything I read points to Tierney, balcers and Norris being third line players at best. And de Melo could have been signed as a Ufa.

This whole situation was completely mishandled. It appears dorions mandate was to take back as little salary as possible, get a 1st Rd pick (not sure he understands that he didn't get the sens original pick back) , and get a prospect.

Maybe he forgot tanking isn't an option? I feel bad for Boucher who will take the brunt of the blame for all of this. Ottawa's second highest paid dman is phaneufs cap hit . Just throwing that out there

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I agree with lagoon . The conditions on the pick aren't threatening at all . Dorion probably thought he was out Gaming Wilson while Wilson and his counterparts probably had the speaker phone on mute while laughing the entire time

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

I agree that the right thing to do was to take the #4 pick this year. Too many unknowns next season. We likely won't finish dead last and then would also still need to do "well" in the lottery and there's no guarantees there either.

I have no idea what to expect from the Sens come October.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Expect them to be terrible. Ceci is our #1 dman. On. A good team he's bottom pairing. Not sure how anyone can be optimistic going into this season right now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 46 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum