GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Oglethorpe
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 48 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I still can't believe they didn't discuss an extension with Duchene all Cussing summer.  Dorion and Melnyk just sat there and jerked each other and did Diddle all.  How embarrassing.  I assume they don't want to re-sign Duchene, because why put yourself in that position?

they probably have discussed it

Duchene came right out and said that a new contract had not been discussed.  This was a few days ago that he said that.

I'm not too concerned about Duchene...let the season play out a bit, let's see what kind of leader Duchene can be.  If it ain't working, we can deal him too.

If you believe things said in the media I don’t know what to say

Duchene also said he talked to Dorion this summer about other stuff...you don’t think they talked contract or karlsson trade? 1000%

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He said Dorion had bigger priorities to deal with ie: Randy Lee, Hoffman/Karlsson, and Karlsson trade. I expect Duchene to sign an extension before the start of the season .

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

He said they didn't begin *negotiations*. They certainly discussed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was 100% behind keeping #4. Next year there's no guarantees at all.

I was also 100% against picking Tkachuk with that pick.

But I've had a 180 degree change of heart. If Colorado ends up picking 1st overall that will suck. But it's more likely going to be Detroit or Arizona or Vancouver.

But outside of lightning striking I don't see Colorado picking a player more impactful than Tkachuk will be.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm okay with Tkachuk too. The forwards going into this season I think are better than last year. Our issue is on D. Losing Karlsson is obviously a colossal loss but having wolanin and Wideman full time will be an improvement over our dmen 2nd and 3rd pairing from last year

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Fuel for the fire. Tierney and DeMelo were the cheapest option on San Jose at both the forward and defence position when combined with control of their contract.

This was not a deal that was made with any intention of helping the team. It was money and only money in my opinion. Had nothing to do with the skills or lack thereof of Tierney or DeMelo. Accounting.

Sad really when I spent 15 minutes on CapFriendly and figured it all out.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I wonder if everyone will consider Wolanin our best Dman by years end? I wouldn’t doubt it. Pumping tires since Day1BC.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Between Wolanin and Chabot or best d

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I wonder if everyone will consider Wolanin our best Dman by years end? I wouldn’t doubt it. Pumping tires since Day1BC.

he’s not better than Chabot so nah

As for the money, Tierney and DeMelo are just bodies. The prospects and picks are the key parts of the deal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know if I'd call Tierney just a body. I'm not thrilled with the deal, but a 40 point C with decent size is a bit better than a throw in.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I bought and Ottawa Sun after the trade and remembered why it sucks. Don Brennan called Rudolfs Balcers a D-man. Oh...okay...good work.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Plus with pageau being out Tierney might be able to fill that spot

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Sens still have a decent forward group if they can get them signed. That Defense is gonna be thrown to the wolves and if they can survive and learn fast then they might be alright. Hopefully they get a stellar year out of Anderson in order for that group to learn without all their mistakes costing them.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They will sign. There's still there cap floor, remember? That's why Ryan is still on the team and Gabby wasn't bought out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy cow Batherson and Formenton look fantastic - and they can play on the same line. We may have gotten really lucky on those two.

And Tkachuk with a silly pass to Stone today.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

First preseason game tomorrow. Can't wait.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

From Gaborik, MacArthur, Phaneuf, and Burrows, we've got almost $14M on the cap that isn't playing for us.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The majority of fans in this city are moronic, wow. Everyone just believes one side of the story and never the team's side.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 48 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum