GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Oglethorpe
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 48 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Spill.

Sorry, I took your second post to mean you one something. Didn't realize you were just copy/pasting the tweets.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think ownership started the ball rolling with Kalrsson. Then you start thinking about how green the grass would be elsewhere. And tampa’s Grass is pretty green looking from the outside. And they want him.

Maybe he resigns. Who knows. Maybe if Alfie is part of the new ownship.

We’ll see.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

If Alfie is the one referred to by the "you'd be surprised" part, then, no, we wouldn't be.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:So you think the Euge will sell and then EK will ink a new contract with the new owner?

Yes. If they were going to trade Karlsson they would have done it months ago. It's been a complete 180 the last few months.

Best case scenario right there. Let's hope.

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Paul Gallant, Senators' Director of Game Productions - whatever that title means - it's leaving to go back to the Canadiens.

I don't think he's alone...I believe the Sens have had at least a couple other members of senior management jump ship this summer.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Paul Gallant, Senators' Director of Game Productions - whatever that title means - it's leaving to go back to the Canadiens.

I don't think he's alone...I believe the Sens have had at least a couple other members of senior management jump ship this summer.

Could be that management sees the Dung show it is or that they know new ownership is just around the corner and are taking new opportunities because they might not have their jobs in Ottawa for much longer.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Could be that management sees the Dung show it is or that they know new ownership is just around the corner and are taking new opportunities because they might not have their jobs in Ottawa for much longer.

From what I've heard, it's a bit of a gong show at the CTC these days with a bunch of turnover and not a lot of plans in place for this coming season. We'll see how it all shakes out though. Some new blood in higher levels of the organization isn't necessarily a bad thing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what Game Production is, but I'm fairly certain it's not "Senior Management".

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We've got a new COO and new Marketing Manager. Haven't seen much action from either one except for suspending Lee. Also not sure if we currently have a CFO (COO can cover in a pinch, of course).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t know how anyone can defend this org and how it’s operating.
This is the saddest case of an org if it’s not a case of a sale being finalized soon. Amateur hour.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Randy Lee resigned. Senators are now looking for a replacement.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nobody is defending it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Randy Lee resigned. Senators are now looking for a replacement.

Are they really looking for a replacement or is someone gonna double up on work

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Nobody is defending it.

Lots of people on this site tried to defend it when it happened. The 22 guy basically said he’d welcome him back with open arms even if he was found guilty and if the Sens sent him away for “help” after.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Begone Lee. Dirtbag.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

My physiotherapist lives down the street from Lee and knows him quite well. We talked about this situation at length yesterday morning before the announcement. He said Lee was a really nice, respectable guy. 27 years in the business and this is the first (or at least first public) incident involving Lee. 27 years in the business, 56 years old. Had too much to drink and said/did something stupid.

In this PC climate and given the state of the franchise there was a zero percent chance Lee was coming back. If this were 10 years ago, the team was winning games, and the team wasn't mired in ownership and cyber-bullying issues, he probably would have been welcomed back. Unfortunately for Lee an example was made of him. The Sens are wiping the slate clean. Though Lee 'resigned' he was probably told by the franchise that he was not going to be coming back and told him to save face for himself and the franchise.

New coach in Belleville, new GM for Belleville / AGM for the Sens (if it gets staffed). Slowly and quietly making moves to improve the image and operation of the franchise. There are a lot of guys in the NHL looking for A/GM gigs. It may not be the best organization to work for but it could be a stepping stone for someone. I'd be looking at a former coach (NHL or Junior) who may want a career in management. Or if Melnyk does sell, is this a potential job for Alfie?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It would be funny if the Sens haven't invested any time in looking for an assistant GM until today. Like, they are already one assistant short since no one was hired to replace Dorion (I think?), and then Randy's time there was foreshadowed as being over and they didn't think about a replacement?

Anyway...at least the organization can move on from that debacle now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. Honestly, as much is I have crapped all over the team this off-season I think next season could be interesting. If a youthful Sens team can start the season off by winning and we see flashes out of our younger players the Sens I think a lot of attendance issues will be resolved. And who knows, maybe our UFAs to be do enjoy playing with the younger players and see it as a reason for staying. Boucher is also on an incredibly short leash and will be forced to play the young guys and move players into positions they should be in.

Not saying they are a playoff team but they can't be any worse than last year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 48 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum