GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 41]

4212018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:36 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

After hearing the Tkachuk interview with TSN1200 I don't want him. Saw him last night on the Cherry segment and my first impression was he was a giant db. This interview reinforced that impression.

On the other hand Zadin said his favorite player was Patrick Kane. Ugh. This is like the provincial election.

4222018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:32 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:After hearing the Tkachuk interview with TSN1200 I don't want him. Saw him last night on the Cherry segment and my first impression was he was a giant db. This interview reinforced that impression.

On the other hand Zadin said his favorite player was Patrick Kane. Ugh. This is like the provincial election.

Tkachuk is a Tkachuk, so of course he's a DB.

4232018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:02 am

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:After hearing the Tkachuk interview with TSN1200 I don't want him. Saw him last night on the Cherry segment and my first impression was he was a giant db. This interview reinforced that impression.

LOL...it's the NHL...1/3 of the guys playing there are DB's. The question isn't if he is, but if his work ethic an abilities counter it. He's not Merkley, so he's not as much of a headcase as you might think.

4242018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:15 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22_4_ever wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

LOL...it's the NHL...1/3 of the guys playing there are DB's.  The question isn't if he is, but if his work ethic an abilities counter it.  He's not Merkley, so he's not as much of a headcase as you might think.

Of course. My point is though that the Tkachuk's generally have a high level of DBedness.

4252018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:01 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm okay with Zadina modeling his game after Kane, just not his off-ice attitude

4262018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Come on Montreal.... pick a thachuk!

4272018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Montreal needs a center and a d-man.

4282018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:19 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:
Of course.  My point is though that the Tkachuk's generally have a high level of DBedness.

Yep, he's the son of one of the biggest DB's in history. Lets face facts, this is the same guy who actually pushed for a trade to Atlanta, all the while knowing he was going to sign back in St.Louis at years end, but led Atlanta to believe he would stay. That's the only reason Atlanta made that deal in the first place otherwise they would have refused to pay what St. Louis was asking.

Not to mention he showed up at camp looking like Byfuglien, and then raged when everyone questioned him why he was so out of shape.

The youngest Tkachuk is still a hell of a hockey player and outside of Svech and Zadina I'm not sure anyone else will have an impact like he will in the first 2 or 3 years. (Dhalin is an exception)

4292018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:17 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Dreger says he’d be shocked if Hoffman is a Sen after Day 1 of the draft.

Hoffman to Edmonton with the 10th coming our way. It has to revolve around those pieces.

4302018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:17 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Dreger says he’d be shocked if Hoffman is a Sen after Day 1 of the draft.

Hoffman to Edmonton with the 10th coming our way. It has to revolve around those pieces.

I’ll believe it when I see it. They’d do that deal if they think they are gonna have to part ways with duchene. The chemistry those two had really made it. Either that or the deal would have to be ridiculous for us to turn down. OR they found a way to get 5eir own draft pick next year back and we are getting ready for a Tank of ages... no kalrsson, Hoffman and duchene. Who’s playing for this team next year? Facepalm

4312018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

You lost me when you said no Karlsson. He will be here until at least the trade deadline. It just makes no sense to blow things up.

4322018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:02 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I still maintain a trade centered around Ceci & Hoffman for Klefbom and Edm 1st makes a ton of sense. I think the Sens can sign a vet dman to play with Chabot and you'd have a partner for Karl. It also prevents the Sens from signing Ceci to a ludicrous contract and gives Edm the dman they are looking for and a line mate for McDavid. There are quite a few midlevel D Ufas available on the right side, and think ottawa can replace Hoffman goalscoring by committee

4332018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:40 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TSN is a little silly. Dreger admitted yesterday on TSN 1200 that Hoffman is way more likely to be traded than Karlsson, but they still put Karlsson at #1 on the trade bait board as he's the bigger name.

4342018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Hoffman is such a gem. His Instagram Story right now is his boarding screen for his WestJet flight to Edmonton.

4352018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:Dreger says he’d be shocked if Hoffman is a Sen after Day 1 of the draft.

Terrible for Ottawa unless there are nice pieces coming back other than 10.

And why are we trading our best goal scorer? For fun?

4362018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:15 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

Terrible for Ottawa unless there are nice pieces coming back other than 10.

And why are we trading our best goal scorer?  For fun?

Well I think the Sens brass aren't overly fond of his attitude (neither am I). Also, while he is a goal scorer, it's not like he's a prolific goal scorer...he's pretty much a one trick pony with a big slapper...he rarely uses his speed to drive to the net or other desirable qualities you'd want.

4372018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:46 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hoffman isn't worth what he'll make on his next contract. Trade him while the iron is hot

4382018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:53 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

A shoot first forward who isn't strong along the boards or defensively and hasn't scored 30 or more goals isn't what Ottawa can afford to keep right now if the plan is to re-sign Karlsson, Duchene and Stone while also absorbing Ryan's contract. Hoff will want $7M+ on his next contract which is too much for someone with his limited skillset and bad attitude

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum