GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 41]

12018 NHL Entry Draft Empty 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:51 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

With an April 28th date being talked about for the draft lottery, it is about time we start talking next Ottawa Senators here.

I just watched Bouchard play last night and outside the consensus top 3, picking 4-6 is going to be tough to decide.

22018 NHL Entry Draft Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:48 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

There is a consensus top 4 not 3.

32018 NHL Entry Draft Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

And I’m saying that the consensus top 4 might be changed as the draft nears to top 3 because Bouchard might be able to make it interesting.

42018 NHL Entry Draft Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There is a consensus top-one.

52018 NHL Entry Draft Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:46 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

That is likely to be the most accurate post yet.

62018 NHL Entry Draft Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks

72018 NHL Entry Draft Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dahlin is a leftie, like Chabot. Playing with Karlsson would be his best introduction to the league (Karlsson/Chabot will take the bulk of the ice time and Dahlin will get his steak cut into little cubes for a while).

On the other hand, if they get Bouchard, instead, who is a rightie, and they still manage to keep Karlsson, then I guess Wideman is gone.

No matter how you slice it, Ceci is still anchoring our 2nd pairing (or is our 2nd pairing anchor, if you wish). God help us.

82018 NHL Entry Draft Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Why did you go and ruin a good post with one full of assumptions, hypotheticals and foreshadowing? Oh well, at least it is better than trying to pretend you actually know more than Sens management and insiders.

92018 NHL Entry Draft Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:12 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Dorion went to Barrie last night and Svechnikov made sure he was noticed.

102018 NHL Entry Draft Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:35 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lots of things to look forward to.

I think on draft day, when Ottawa has to decide if they keep their 1st or give it to Colorado, in my opinion, we will essentially know if Ottawa plans to make Karlsson a long term Senator or not. If they keep the pick, it would make sense to assume they think they can keep Karlsson. If they give this years pick to Colorado, I think Karlsson will be traded at some point before next season as well.

112018 NHL Entry Draft Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:03 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Dahlin is a leftie, like Chabot.  Playing with Karlsson would be his best introduction to the league (Karlsson/Chabot will take the bulk of the ice time and Dahlin will get his steak cut into little cubes for a while).  

On the other hand, if they get Bouchard, instead, who is a rightie, and they still manage to keep Karlsson, then I guess Wideman is gone.

No matter how you slice it, Ceci is still anchoring our 2nd pairing (or is our 2nd pairing anchor, if you wish).  God help us.

It depends if they think Bouchard can play in the NHL next year. I still think the best approach is to let these guys develop in the minors unless you're a generational talent like Dhalin. Even then, we can't expect him to be a superstar right away.

I've made it clear I am not a Ceci fan. I hope he's moved whether the intent is to keep Karlsson or not. One should not impact the other, though I see why the organization wants to address a big hole on the right side...

122018 NHL Entry Draft Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:06 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ceci is a whopping -33 over his last two seasons.

132018 NHL Entry Draft Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:44 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ceci is a whopping -33 over his last two seasons.

Karlsson is -27 this year alone. OEL is a - 60 over the last two years. DOesn't mean much of anything.

142018 NHL Entry Draft Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:59 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ceci is a whopping -33 over his last two seasons.

I’m not a big fan of the +/- stat but even though Ceci plays the toughest minutes of the Sens defence, he continues to make the same rookie  mistakes over and over.

I also thought he’d have more offence to his game then he does to date.

152018 NHL Entry Draft Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:38 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I think on draft day, when Ottawa has to decide if they keep their 1st or give it to Colorado, in my opinion, we will essentially know if Ottawa plans to make Karlsson a long term Senator or not. If they keep the pick, it would make sense to assume they think they can keep Karlsson. If they give this years pick to Colorado, I think Karlsson will be traded at some point before next season as well.

I think the Sens will end up keeping this year's pick regardless of whether they think they'll be worse next year. That's strictly what I think will happen.

I think it's reasonable to think that, even without Karlsson, we won't be a bottom 5 team next year, unless the "rebuild" plan includes not only getting rid of Karlsson, but also dealing Hoffman and beyond. You're right though...if they give Colorado this year's pick, it foreshadows things to come.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 41]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum