GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 41]

312018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:38 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Tank Nation looking good 2/3 of the way the other Dung teams games.

322018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Perfect night. Goodnight.

332018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:48 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, wow that worked out great. Didn't see that coming.

342018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:48 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If I am Ottawa this is how I would rank the top ten picks based on what I perceive as organizational need:

Dhalin, Zadina, Svechnikov, Bouchard, Tkachuk, Boqvist, Dobson, Wahlstrom, Farabee, Hughes

352018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:10 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

For me it’s
Dahlen
Svechnikov
Tkachuk
Zadina
Bouchard
Give pick to Colorado
Has anyone ever seen Boqvist play. I certainly haven’t so I can’t rate him.

362018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:16 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Oglethorpe wrote:For me it’s
Dahlen
Svechnikov
Tkachuk
Zadina
Bouchard
Give pick to Colorado
Has anyone ever seen Boqvist play.  I certainly haven’t so I can’t rate him.  

Are you saying if Ottawa ends up with the 6th or 7th pick in this years draft, you would give it to Colorado? If that is true, what are you doing with Karlsson this off-season? Are you trading him and that is why you think Ottawa will be worse than drafting 6 or 7th next year? The 2018 draft class is widely considered to be deeper than 2019, so that is another reason I wonder why you want to give away this years, if you do?

Last edited by Lagoon on Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

372018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:20 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

For me it’s not about Karlsson being traded, it’s that I don’t want the org to be making poor long term decisions trying to finish higher.

382018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Oglethorpe wrote:For me it’s not about Karlsson being traded, it’s that I don’t want the org to be making poor long term decisions trying to finish higher.

Interesting. Thank you. Do you think they need to make many changes to finish higher next year? I don’t. I just think they need Anderson on his good year and our internal youthful injection. Boucher can leave too please.

392018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Definitely need a philosophical change. Passive hockey is unsustainable, and if Boucher can’t adjust he should go. Gaborik and Burrows need to be jettisoned and we will need better goaltending. Unfortunately we are short a 2nd line centre and a top3 D. Getting Dahlen solves one issue but no one is ready to take on the 2nd line centre role. I expect we will miss the playoffs with the potential to really be bad if goaltending doesn’t improve.

402018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:42 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I am not sure we're that far off. I say we're back in the playoffs in another 2 years.

Offer Calvin de Haan (local guy) a fair contract and have him play with Karlsson. I'd be moving on from Ceci and finding someone for Chabot to play with (stay-at-home type). I'd then re-sign Wideman (two year deal) and pair him with Boro. Carry Harpur as the extra, trade Claesson. Pokka, Englund, Jaros as the call-ups

As for forwards, I've seen more out of Chlapik than I have Smith. Brown and White will come in eager prove they belong, Formenton may make the team, etc, Maybe there is smoke on a Hoffman for Nuge deal after all? Max Domi has been rumored to be available. Paul Stastny? Patrick Berglund?

But we're not competing for the playoffs next year. I see next year as a means of off-setting more salary, securing our top guys, and a year of development for our prospects.

412018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:07 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ceci is a much better player than DeHaan. If Ceci played on the island and we had DeHaan you would be drooling over the potential of swapping Calvin for Ceci.

422018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:20 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I still think we’re losing karlsson this summer but I’m wondering why people think that’s changed?

The org is pushing the rebuild line, why would they change now? 
I personally believe that we could easily make this team better if we could manage to keep karlsson by adding a few players via FA and trade. I don’t see Melnyk having the stomach (pockets) for that line of reasoning. I wish I was wrong. We’ll soon enough. 

But In my scenario A, i give Colorado anything 7 or higher. In scenario B I keep this years pick

432018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ottawa will never be a free agent destination. It’s through the draft and trades.

442018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:31 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Ottawa will never be a free agent destination.  It’s through the draft and trades.  
I’m not saying you get the top free agent out there but it’s entirely possible we can get a top 4 Dman on the market or a top 6 winger.

452018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:08 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Another perfect night for the tank 2/3 of the way through. Ottawa loses, Detroit wins and I have a feeling Vancouver will beat Anaheim in the late game.

Last edited by Lagoon on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total

462018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:46 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I am not sure we're that far off. I say we're back in the playoffs in another 2 years.

Offer Calvin de Haan (local guy) a fair contract and have him play with Karlsson. I'd be moving on from Ceci and finding someone for Chabot to play with (stay-at-home type). I'd then re-sign Wideman (two year deal) and pair him with Boro. Carry Harpur as the extra, trade Claesson. Pokka, Englund, Jaros as the call-ups

As for forwards, I've seen more out of Chlapik than I have Smith. Brown and White will come in eager prove they belong, Formenton may make the team, etc, Maybe there is smoke on a Hoffman for Nuge deal after all? Max Domi has been rumored to be available. Paul Stastny? Patrick Berglund?

But we're not competing for the playoffs next year. I see next year as a means of off-setting more salary, securing our top guys, and a year of development for our prospects.

I think you are either forgetting about Wolanin or haven’t been watching him. I’ve said it all along, him and Wideman will make a fantastic bottom pairing.

472018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:35 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

There it is. Another perfect tank night. Ottawa loses, Detroit wins (beating our 2nd 1st round selection) and Vancouver won again too.

482018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:55 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A couple days ago I couldn't imagine being in this spot...and now here we are, tied for 30th. Well done, Sens!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum