GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 41]

162018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:44 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ceci is a whopping -33 over his last two seasons.

Karlsson is -27 this year alone. OEL is a - 60 over the last two years. DOesn't mean much of anything.

172018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:59 am

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ceci is a whopping -33 over his last two seasons.

I’m not a big fan of the +/- stat but even though Ceci plays the toughest minutes of the Sens defence, he continues to make the same rookie  mistakes over and over.

I also thought he’d have more offence to his game then he does to date.

182018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:38 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I think on draft day, when Ottawa has to decide if they keep their 1st or give it to Colorado, in my opinion, we will essentially know if Ottawa plans to make Karlsson a long term Senator or not. If they keep the pick, it would make sense to assume they think they can keep Karlsson. If they give this years pick to Colorado, I think Karlsson will be traded at some point before next season as well.

I think the Sens will end up keeping this year's pick regardless of whether they think they'll be worse next year. That's strictly what I think will happen.

I think it's reasonable to think that, even without Karlsson, we won't be a bottom 5 team next year, unless the "rebuild" plan includes not only getting rid of Karlsson, but also dealing Hoffman and beyond. You're right though...if they give Colorado this year's pick, it foreshadows things to come.

192018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:50 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Lots of things to look forward to.

I think on draft day, when Ottawa has to decide if they keep their 1st or give it to Colorado, in my opinion, we will essentially know if Ottawa plans to make Karlsson a long term Senator or not. If they keep the pick, it would make sense to assume they think they can keep Karlsson. If they give this years pick to Colorado, I think Karlsson will be traded at some point before next season as well.

I think if thatpick is top 5 they will keep it none the less.

Unfortunately I don’t see us keeping Kalrsson. The sens have said all the right things saying they will “offer” him a contract “if” he’s there on July 1st. But there is no guarantee he’s there or that that contract will be reasonable.

Just sounds like manage,ent playing politics and I hate it. I hate Melnyk. Dorion i feel sorry for.

202018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:56 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Can the Sens and Avs work out a deal whereby they send this year's pick to them? Say the Sens have the 6th pick - can they squeeze a pick out of Colorado to give them this year's?

212018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’m not sure why Colorado would give them anything more for something owed to them now or eventually.

222018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:44 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

I think on draft day, when Ottawa has to decide if they keep their 1st or give it to Colorado, in my opinion, we will essentially know if Ottawa plans to make Karlsson a long term Senator or not. If they keep the pick, it would make sense to assume they think they can keep Karlsson. If they give this years pick to Colorado, I think Karlsson will be traded at some point before next season as well.

Unfortunately I don’t see us keeping Kalrsson. The sens have said all the right things saying they will “offer” him a contract “if” he’s there on July 1st. But there is no guarantee he’s there or that that contract will be reasonable.

Just sounds like manage,ent playing politics and I hate it. I hate Melnyk. Dorion i feel sorry for.

Dorion knew what he was getting into

I agree also that Karlsson will be traded. I just don't see how he re-sigs here under this ownership group.

232018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Dorion knew what he was getting into

I agree also that Karlsson will be traded. I just don't see how he re-sigs here under this ownership group.

Sure he did. But there are only 31 GM jobs in this league and of course he’s gonna accept. But we’ll likely never know how good a GM he can really be handcuffed by that clown. And if things go tits up in Ottawa will he get another chance? Who knows. (I’m sure he could get scout managing jobs, that reputation is cemented.)

242018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Dahlin is a leftie, like Chabot.  Playing with Karlsson would be his best introduction to the league (Karlsson/Chabot will take the bulk of the ice time and Dahlin will get his steak cut into little cubes for a while).  

On the other hand, if they get Bouchard, instead, who is a rightie, and they still manage to keep Karlsson, then I guess Wideman is gone.

No matter how you slice it, Ceci is still anchoring our 2nd pairing (or is our 2nd pairing anchor, if you wish).  God help us.

It depends if they think Bouchard can play in the NHL next year. I still think the best approach is to let these guys develop in the minors unless you're a generational talent like Dhalin. Even then, we can't expect him to be a superstar right away.

I've made it clear I am not a Ceci fan. I hope he's moved whether the intent is to keep Karlsson or not. One should not impact the other, though I see why the organization wants to address a big hole on the right side...

I've been a supporter of Ceci from the start, but he has definitely stalled. He would be great playing 2nd pairing with a vet but without also being on the top Dung down pairing. Unfortunately I don't think that will happen while Dorion and Boucher are in charge.

So, that said, you're right about Bouchard bring better off starting in Belleville. Maybe Wideman will accept a 2 year deal. Frankly, because of the injury, he may not really have a choice.

252018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

I think the Sens will end up keeping this year's pick regardless of whether they think they'll be worse next year.  That's strictly what I think will happen.

I think it's reasonable to think that, even without Karlsson, we won't be a bottom 5 team next year, unless the "rebuild" plan includes not only getting rid of Karlsson, but also dealing Hoffman and beyond.  You're right though...if they give Colorado this year's pick, it foreshadows things to come.

Agreed. They are where they are with terrible goaltending, a mediocre Karlsson (for most of the year) and missing Boro for a quarter of the season and Wideman for 3/4. Not using balanced pairings is huge, perhaps because of The System. The drop started right when Wideman was Malkin-d.

What I mean by all that is that it will be very difficult to be worse next season. Right now it looks like they will finish bottom 2. Even if they somehow manage to finish worse that bottom 2 next year, it's still less than a 1 in 5 chance at getting the top pick. Versus a 1 in 8 chance now.

If they somehow manage to get out of there bottom 5, then you consider it. Otherwise, take the bird in the hand.

262018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:11 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:Why did you go and ruin a good post with one full of assumptions, hypotheticals and foreshadowing? Oh well, at least it is better than trying to pretend you actually know more than Sens management and insiders.

Please elaborate. What assumptions?

That it would be best for Dahlin to play with Karlsson? That's an opinion, not an assumption. And assumption would be to state that they will pair him with Karlsson.

That Karlsson and Chabot would get the bulk of the ice time? Yes, that's an assumption, based on the fact that the other options for a leftie include Claesson, Harpur, Boro and callups. I think that's a pretty safe assumption. Do you disagree?

That Wideman is gone if they draft Bouchard and keep Karlsson? Yes, that's an assumption, based on how Boucher has used Wideman the last two seasons. If they have Karlsson and teacher's pet Ceci for the top two pairings, and Bouchard and Jaros for the third, is there room for Wideman?

272018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:51 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Bouchard is unlikely to be a direct entry.

282018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

True. If they take Bouchard that means Colorado has next year's pick and they will want to be competitive. In a true rebuild he might get a shot.

292018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lehner stole a point for Buffalo today against Vegas. Perfect.

302018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:05 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bouchard, climbing and climbing....
https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-bouchard-rocketing-up-draft-board-1.1031499

312018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:38 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Tank Nation looking good 2/3 of the way the other Dung teams games.

322018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Perfect night. Goodnight.

332018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:48 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, wow that worked out great. Didn't see that coming.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum