GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 41]

4362018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:15 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Dreger says he’d be shocked if Hoffman is a Sen after Day 1 of the draft.

Hoffman to Edmonton with the 10th coming our way. It has to revolve around those pieces.

Terrible for Ottawa unless there are nice pieces coming back other than 10.

And why are we trading our best goal scorer?  For fun?

Well I think the Sens brass aren't overly fond of his attitude (neither am I). Also, while he is a goal scorer, it's not like he's a prolific goal scorer...he's pretty much a one trick pony with a big slapper...he rarely uses his speed to drive to the net or other desirable qualities you'd want.

4372018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:46 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hoffman isn't worth what he'll make on his next contract. Trade him while the iron is hot

4382018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:53 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

A shoot first forward who isn't strong along the boards or defensively and hasn't scored 30 or more goals isn't what Ottawa can afford to keep right now if the plan is to re-sign Karlsson, Duchene and Stone while also absorbing Ryan's contract. Hoff will want $7M+ on his next contract which is too much for someone with his limited skillset and bad attitude

4392018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:A shoot first forward who isn't strong along the boards or defensively and hasn't scored 30 or more goals isn't what Ottawa can afford to keep right now if the plan is to re-sign Karlsson, Duchene and Stone while also absorbing Ryan's contract. Hoff will want $7M+ on his next contract which is too much for someone with his limited skillset and bad attitude

Speed kills in this NHL, he is what he is, but defence first did absolutely nothing for us last year. We have enough of those guys, we need a sniper. If not him, then who? Dzingel?

And I'm VERY pessimistic about signing Karlsson. I love Duchene and consider him near as important as Karlsson, but they had better sign Karlsson or there's gonna be an apocalypse around Sens fans. One that'll be felt everywhere, especially the box office.

4402018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:00 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Dreger says he’d be shocked if Hoffman is a Sen after Day 1 of the draft.

Hoffman to Edmonton with the 10th coming our way. It has to revolve around those pieces.

Terrible for Ottawa unless there are nice pieces coming back other than 10.

And why are we trading our best goal scorer?  For fun?

I agree. I’ve always said and maintained he should not and won’t be moved. Just like Karlsson.

4412018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:03 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:A shoot first forward who isn't strong along the boards or defensively and hasn't scored 30 or more goals isn't what Ottawa can afford to keep right now if the plan is to re-sign Karlsson, Duchene and Stone while also absorbing Ryan's contract. Hoff will want $7M+ on his next contract which is too much for someone with his limited skillset and bad attitude

Speed kills in this NHL, he is what he is, but defence first did absolutely nothing for us last year.  We have enough of those guys, we need a sniper.  If not him, then who?  Dzingel?  

And I'm VERY pessimistic about signing Karlsson.  I love Duchene and consider him near as important as Karlsson, but they had better sign Karlsson or there's gonna be an apocalypse around Sens fans.  One that'll be felt everywhere, especially the box office.

Truth or should I say this is my opinion as well. We dont need any major changes to get back into the playoffs. Anderson will be better and the team will follow.

4422018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:29 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

Speed kills in this NHL, he is what he is, but defence first did absolutely nothing for us last year.  We have enough of those guys, we need a sniper.  If not him, then who?  Dzingel?  

And I'm VERY pessimistic about signing Karlsson.  I love Duchene and consider him near as important as Karlsson, but they had better sign Karlsson or there's gonna be an apocalypse around Sens fans.  One that'll be felt everywhere, especially the box office.

There should be an apocalypse.

But then again, if we are up to the point where kalrsson doesn’t want to resign here. I personally wouldn’t blame him. Not under the current ownership.

I think he’s gone.

The only thing that can save this I think is the team being sold and the new ownership telling kalrsson they will go max cap and do what is needed to make this team competitive in a year or two. Like we originally were.

The major blunder was Dorion not doing anything to make this team better in the off season and the few bad contracts he gave.
Why did we need to give burrows those two years? What did we resign Anderson early? All those could have been avoided. And even with burrows, decent ownership would buy out that Dung.

We need a saviour. We need Melnyk ran out of town by torches and pitchforks.

4432018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

But then again, if we are up to the point where kalrsson doesn’t want to resign here. I personally wouldn’t blame him. Not under the current ownership.

I think he’s gone.

The only thing that can save this I think is the team being sold and the new ownership telling kalrsson they will go max cap and do what is needed to make this team competitive in a year or two. Like we originally were.

The major blunder was Dorion not doing anything to make this team better in the off season and the few bad contracts he gave.
Why did we need to give burrows those two years? What did we resign Anderson early? All those could have been avoided. And even with burrows, decent ownership would buy out that Dung.

I don't blame him for Anderson at all. Burrows was ridiculous, but it's not an anchor or anything. Ryan is an anchor. Gaborik is an anchor, although, I believe both players are serviceable and if we can make the playoffs, they would contribute.

4442018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If we were to trade Hoffman, I'd him + for O'Reilly out of Buffalo. I'd LOVE to have him and Stone and Duchene on the same team.

4452018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:33 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd love O'Reilly too but he may be too expensive for the sens (although I do think he'd be perfect here).

4462018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:24 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Interesting. I thought I was the only that liked ROR. I don’t see it happening though.

4472018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:41 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya he's tough as nails and a good leader. Also good buddies with Duchene

4482018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:19 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:If we were to trade Hoffman, I'd him + for O'Reilly out of Buffalo.  I'd LOVE to have him and Stone and Duchene on the same team.  

I don’t see why buffalo would want Hoffman. That’s. Just wishful thinking and it makes no sense for what the “Sens rebuilding plan” which is just sens cutting salary because Melnyk is broke plan.

You just watch. The Sens are not bringing in salary. Quite the opposite. We’ll be very near the cap floor next year if Melnyk is still owner.

4492018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I think he’s gone.

I don't blame him for Anderson at all.  Burrows was ridiculous, but it's not an anchor or anything.  Ryan is an anchor.  Gaborik is an anchor, although, I believe both players are serviceable and if we can make the playoffs, they would contribute.

You don’t blame him for Anderson?

Was there any reason to sign Anderson last summer vs this summer? The guy is on the wrong side of 30, had one last year on his contract and was never gonna test FA if Ottawa offered him a fair contract this summer. He stunk this year and we could have easily offered him a much smaller contract this summer for a few mill less and possibly a one year basis.
Absolutely stupid. I thought it was unnecessary when it happened and I hate it now.

If new ownership comes in, I won’t be upset if Dorion gets fired.
We don’t need owners lap dog to run our team.

All the guys that turned down the position in Carolina? that’s what I want.

4502018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let’s be honest here. I want the entire front office turned over.

Dorion is a hell of a scout. Probably one of the better one we have. But I’m not sure he’s GM material. Way too emotional and you have to be level headed at all times. You can’t let your heart make decisions. And by all accounts I’d wager this is what’s happening. (Nicole cancer, Anderson being stellar = contract one year early). I have a lot of questions on a lot of the trades that have occurred also.
I’d keep him in the drafting department but the possibility of that happening is pretty thin.

As far as the drafting, let’s face it it’s not been that great. Sure we have the stones and Hoffman’s to show for but we also have the lazar, cowen to counter balance that Dung.
Player development hasn’t been anything to brag about either.

I think you bring in an established GM who can bring in his own team and you have a better chance to turn this franchise around than the yes men we have in the front office.
If you’re not gonna bring in some experienced GM then you have some solid guys available. With solid drafting records. Mike Futa is still available, Mark hunter comes to mind also. Too bad Fenton isn’t available anymore.

I’m praying for a gutsy ownership group to come in.

4512018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I think he’s gone.

I don't blame him for Anderson at all.  Burrows was ridiculous, but it's not an anchor or anything.  Ryan is an anchor.  Gaborik is an anchor, although, I believe both players are serviceable and if we can make the playoffs, they would contribute.

You don’t blame him for Anderson?

Was there any reason to sign Anderson last summer vs this summer? The guy is on the wrong side of 30, had one last year on his contract and was never gonna test FA if Ottawa offered him a fair contract this summer. He stunk this year and we could have easily offered him a much smaller contract this summer for a few mill less and possibly a one year basis.
Absolutely stupid. I thought it was unnecessary when it happened and I hate it now.

If new ownership comes in, I won’t be upset if Dorion gets fired.
We don’t need owners lap dog to run our team.

All the guys that turned down the position in Carolina? that’s what I want.

There's really no reason to have thought Anderson would decline as he did - and I still think it was mostly the defence to blame. He's been our best goalie ever and you extend the olive branch to guys like that. It's loyalty and it means a lot.

That's my take on it.

4522018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:21 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I share Flo's sentiment and feel the same about the Boro and Harpur contracts. Signed these guys way too early with too much term. Harpur isn't NHL ready, and Boro is on borrowed time given his style of play. Not to mention the logjam of 5-6 pair dmen on this team. Made zero sense at the time and makes less sense now

4532018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:22 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It's good to have depth but not at the expense of not having the right players to play key positions or #1 LHD, #2 LW, etc

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum