GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 41]

5112018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:04 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Too many top scouts loving Thkachuk for him not to be a big time prospect, I can't shake the feeling we'll end up with him.

How many scouts loved yakupov?

The problem with scouts is that they don’t want to also look like idiots. You take the thachuk bloodline, the brother in the nhl and the father. There’s more room to make the wrong prediction. It’s easy to say you like him because everyone else will also say so.
I think there’s more room for error.

You think Jordan stall gets taken that high had he not been brother toeric and son to father?

I think scouting has likely come a long way since 06, it may have something to do with the bloodlines, but if the scouts don't consider him top 3 or 4 material, they wouldn't rank him there, right?

Has it come that far since yakupov? My point is the closer we get to the top the more we have the possibility of something close to groupthink playing part of the ranking. Let alone that most of these scouts won’t lose their job if they’re wrong on him as they can safely say “well everyone else thought he was going top 5.

I think my top 5 (6 really)would be
1Dahlin
2Svech
3Zadina
4 tie:Dobson
4tie: Kotkaniemi
6: Wahlstrom

5122018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hard to argue as I don't know enough about these kids. I must say the little Swedish dman and Hughes sound awesome.

5132018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:37 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

There are plenty of busts outside the top three of it's not a deep draft.

5142018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:44 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Hard to argue as I don't know enough about these kids.  I must say the little Swedish dman and Hughes sound awesome.

Boqvist is a huge project. Good prospect, but I think the Sens will stay away from that kind of development needed at #4.

5152018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:55 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Hard to argue as I don't know enough about these kids.  I must say the little Swedish dman and Hughes sound awesome.

Boqvist is a huge project. Good prospect, but I think the Sens will stay away from that kind of development needed at #4.
Yeah I was high on him but the more reading i did on him the more he slid down my list.

5162018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:05 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Too many top scouts loving Thkachuk for him not to be a big time prospect, I can't shake the feeling we'll end up with him.

The problem with scouts is that they don’t want to also look like idiots. You take the thachuk bloodline, the brother in the nhl and the father. There’s more room to make the wrong prediction. It’s easy to say you like him because everyone else will also say so.

You think Jordan stall gets taken that high had he not been brother toeric and son to father?

I think scouting has likely come a long way since 06, it may have something to do with the bloodlines, but if the scouts don't consider him top 3 or 4 material, they wouldn't rank him there, right?

Has it come that far since yakupov? My point is the closer we get to the top the more we have the possibility of something close to groupthink playing part of the ranking. Let alone that most of these scouts won’t lose their job if they’re wrong on him as they can safely say “well everyone else thought he was going top 5.

1Dahlin
2Svech
3Zadina

I have zero interest in Wahlstrom. Think Hoffman, who on his best day is not a top 5 draft pick.

My top 8 (pick 3 is dependant on which team, for MTL I like Tkachuk but would prefer Zadina for Ottawa.

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Tkachuk/Zadina
Zadina/Tkachuk
Dobson
Bouchard
Hughes
Kotkaniemi

5172018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:02 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

1Dahlin
2Svech
3Zadina

I have zero interest in Wahlstrom.  Think Hoffman, who on his best day is not a top 5 draft pick.

My top 8 (pick 3 is dependant on which team, for MTL I like Tkachuk but would prefer Zadina for Ottawa.

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Tkachuk/Zadina
Zadina/Tkachuk
Dobson
Bouchard
Hughes
Kotkaniemi

Agreed. This is my exact Top 5. I would take Kotkaniemi over Bouchard and Hughes.

5182018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've yet to have it explained to me how Tkachuk is ahead of White. He's a little bigger, true, but White had better stats and actually led his team to Gold. And he already has a year of pro under his belt while Tkachuk may be going back to BU or Junior.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

5192018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:14 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My worry is that Bouchard and thatchuk are basically one year older and therefore one year ahead in their development. That’s not to say they don’t turn out but they might be overevaluated

5202018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's been strongly suggested that Tkachuk will be back at BU or in the OHL next season. Given that he's "a year older" it's a bit strange that most analysts think he still needs another year.

5212018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:09 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So. Who we drafting tonight? Wish I knew how to do a poll

5222018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So. Who we drafting tonight? Wish I knew how to do a poll

http://www.gmhockey.com/t6610-dwc-poll-who-are-we-drafting-tonight-in-the-4th-ov#442850

5232018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:00 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:It's been strongly suggested that Tkachuk will be back at BU or in the OHL next season. Given that he's "a year older" it's a bit strange that most analysts think he still needs another year.

Maybe he can find his non-existent scoring touch playing against boys in the O.

5242018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:It's been strongly suggested that Tkachuk will be back at BU or in the OHL next season. Given that he's "a year older" it's a bit strange that most analysts think he still needs another year.

Maybe he can find his non-existent scoring touch playing against boys in the O.

I'll make sure to quote this when we draft him tonight. Ahhhhh!

5252018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:31 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

No way.

5262018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Please.

5272018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:33 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Calgary doesn’t have any picks in the first 3 rounds tonight and they want a 1st. They said Hamilton and/or Hamonic are available. That is interesting.

5282018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:Calgary doesn’t have any picks in the first 3 rounds tonight and they want a 1st. They said Hamilton and/or Hamonic are available. That is interesting.

Boing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum