GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 41]

4962018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:47 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. Tkachuk should go somewhere between 6-8 IMO. But I could definitely see Arizona taking him paying homage to his dad + they just re-signed OEL so I am not sure a top-end d-man is the way they need to go right now.

4972018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:26 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

A lot of chatter today about Kot. TSN has him as a top-five now with an unnamed scout comparing him to Kopitar.

I remember Dorion saying he was happy with the 4th overall as he expected the player he wanted to still be there in the draft. I have no idea where his head is at with this pick. If Zadina is there you 100% go for him right?

4982018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:31 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know enough about them, but Zadina sure sounds like a nice pick to me. Sniper with decent size. Yes please.

4992018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:47 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Why does Twitter seem to think we can get our 1st back from Colorado?

5002018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:Why does Twitter seem to think we can get our 1st back from Colorado?

You answered your own question when you typed Twitter.

5012018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:20 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Why does Twitter seem to think we can get our 1st back from Colorado?

You answered your own question when you typed Twitter.

We can totally get our 1st back.... by giving up this year’s .

5022018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I don't know enough about them, but Zadina sure sounds like a nice pick to me.  Sniper with decent size.  Yes please.

It’s a hard one.

I was wondering if Dorion brought both zadina and thachuk to Ottawa to scare other teams. Basically, if you want one of those players you better trade up with us and give us something good and we’ll trade down.

Personally if zadina is taken I’m not at all sure if want thachuk. I’m taking a look at Dobson or Kotkaniemi. Maybe Wahlstrom.

I think they’ll be quite a few surprises at this draft.

5032018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Too many top scouts loving Thkachuk for him not to be a big time prospect, I can't shake the feeling we'll end up with him.

5042018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:36 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Too many top scouts loving Thkachuk for him not to be a big time prospect, I can't shake the feeling we'll end up with him.

When Quinn Hughes is on the same team as Tkachuk and that has happened quite a lot, Hughes has always outscored him. If Tkachuk ever tops 50 points in a year, I’d be wrong about him.

5052018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Too many top scouts loving Thkachuk for him not to be a big time prospect, I can't shake the feeling we'll end up with him.

When Quinn Hughes is on the same team as Tkachuk and that has happened quite a lot, Hughes has always outscored him. If Tkachuk ever tops 50 points in a year, I’d be wrong about him.

This might be like the Montreal trade. You draft/acquire this player to dig pugs out of corners and make D-men take quick glances over their shoulders. This new NHL is all about the forecheck, then getting the pucks to talented players, so I could really see him being an impact player. Plus, if what's written about him is true, he's not only relentless on the forecheck, he drives the net and wreaks havoc in the square.

However - and I think this goes for most of us - at the end of the day, I defer to our awesome amateur scouts to pick the right player.

5062018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:50 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’ve lost track in all the Dung, I actually have. Do we still have our amateurs scouts because they are literally the only positive about our team lately?

5072018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:I’ve lost track in all the Dung, I actually have. Do we still have our amateurs scouts because they are literally the only positive about our team lately?

I hope so. Dorion was in charge, so I assume it's the same team of scouts, but with all the crap you might be right.

5082018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:01 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How many scouts loved yakupov?

The problem with scouts is that they don’t want to also look like idiots. You take the thachuk bloodline, the brother in the nhl and the father. There’s more room to make the wrong prediction. It’s easy to say you like him because everyone else will also say so.
I think there’s more room for error.

You think Jordan stall gets taken that high had he not been brother toeric and son to father?

5092018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

But it does scare me because I think we do end up with thatchuk

5102018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

The problem with scouts is that they don’t want to also look like idiots. You take the thachuk bloodline, the brother in the nhl and the father. There’s more room to make the wrong prediction. It’s easy to say you like him because everyone else will also say so.

You think Jordan stall gets taken that high had he not been brother toeric and son to father?

I think scouting has likely come a long way since 06, it may have something to do with the bloodlines, but if the scouts don't consider him top 3 or 4 material, they wouldn't rank him there, right?

5112018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:04 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think scouting has likely come a long way since 06, it may have something to do with the bloodlines, but if the scouts don't consider him top 3 or 4 material, they wouldn't rank him there, right?

Has it come that far since yakupov? My point is the closer we get to the top the more we have the possibility of something close to groupthink playing part of the ranking. Let alone that most of these scouts won’t lose their job if they’re wrong on him as they can safely say “well everyone else thought he was going top 5.

I think my top 5 (6 really)would be
1Dahlin
2Svech
3Zadina
4 tie:Dobson
4tie: Kotkaniemi
6: Wahlstrom

5122018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hard to argue as I don't know enough about these kids. I must say the little Swedish dman and Hughes sound awesome.

5132018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:37 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There are plenty of busts outside the top three of it's not a deep draft.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum