GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 41]

4812018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:34 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Thompson post knee surgery is another example. Oduya?

4822018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:11 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:In hindsight we didn't get the player we expected but if we did, and without that extension, it was absolutely a good deal.

But this is just it, he didn’t look like he was the player he once was. It was obvious that he wasn’t what he used to be.

Dorion seems to have this problem, sees historical as predictor for future performance. And that doesn’t work. Especially with players that are deteriorating or are getting older.

Burrows, Anderson, Gaborik, even to an extent phaneuf( I’m taking this was a Murray Dorion decision).
At this point I think the kings won the phaneuf Gaborik trade. The only way this gets rescued is if gabs retires.

If it doesn’t it will look like Dorion emotionally wanted to punish phaneuf for not waiving his NTC last summer and wanted him out.
Another emotional misdirected decision.

I think Phaneuf is close to being done. His mobility in Ottawa went downhill so dramatically it was scary. Gaborik too, but at least he still has speed when he's healthy - when...

4832018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:21 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

If Burrows was "done" then that's the pro scouting, not just GM.

Phaneuf (coming in) got rid of Cowen, Greening, Michalek contracts.

Phaneuf going out swapped bad contracts, saving the Sens $2.425M (even after retaining 25%). If they buy out Gaborik they save a bit more.

4842018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The initial Phaneuf trade was great, then he lost his legs.

4852018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:56 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It was a short-sighted trade. We traded three short-term bad contract for one long-term bad contract. It would have been cheaper to buy-out Michalek, Cowen, and Greening who all had two years or so left on their contracts. It was never a good trade.

4862018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:25 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:Again, there was no stupid contract until he extended him for 2 years. He could still have contributed in the playoffs if he want banged up.

I still don't have an issue with bringing in a proven playoff guy who will do anything to win over a second rounder playing well against interior competition who may turn into a player 5 years later, the same as pretty much any other 2-3 rounder. We've had more luck with the later rounds than we've had with the 2nd round picks for some reason. What makes you think this one would turn out any different? And I'm not asking based on today's Intel but what we knew 2 years ago.

I thought Burrows was on a no trade clause and only agreed to waive it if Ottawa offered an extension. Or is that someone else?

4872018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:34 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22_4_ever wrote:
wprager wrote:Again, there was no stupid contract until he extended him for 2 years. He could still have contributed in the playoffs if he want banged up.

I still don't have an issue with bringing in a proven playoff guy who will do anything to win over a second rounder playing well against interior competition who may turn into a player 5 years later, the same as pretty much any other 2-3 rounder. We've had more luck with the later rounds than we've had with the 2nd round picks for some reason. What makes you think this one would turn out any different? And I'm not asking based on today's Intel but what we knew 2 years ago.

I thought Burrows was on a no trade clause and only agreed to waive it if Ottawa offered an extension.   Or is that someone else?

Correct. Burrows would not have waived his NTC to go to a team unless there was a 2-year extension with it.

4882018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:01 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I've looked at 1st round d-men from the last few drafts. I think Ottawa would be foolish to draft a d-man with #4. Zadina, Svech, Tkachuk, Wahlstrom would be my picks here. On paper a d-man would be nice on paper but given past history I am not sure it would be the best use of a pick.

If Ottawa decides to keep Karl they can bring in a d-man via Hoffman and surely find a way to improve upon Ceci

4892018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:49 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I've looked at 1st round d-men from the last few drafts. I think Ottawa would be foolish to draft a d-man with #4. Zadina, Svech, Tkachuk, Wahlstrom would be my picks here. On paper a d-man would be nice on paper but given past history I am not sure it would be the best use of a pick.

If Ottawa decides to keep Karl they can bring in a d-man via Hoffman and surely find a way to improve upon Ceci

This D group of prospects is very different. I think Hughes is ours if Dahlin, Svechnikov and Zadina are gone.

4902018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:16 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd prefer Dobson over Hughes personally. We don't need LHDs with Chabot and Wolanin already in the system. Dobson would naturally be the perfect partner for Chabot down the road.

I also think Montreal goes off the board and takes a center or d-man. I think we're getting Svech or Zadina depending on whether Carolina take Zadina for chemistry or Svech for skill.

4912018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:45 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Sens released a video yesterday highlighting the visit by Tkachuk and Zadina to Ottawa. Read into that what you will.

4922018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:56 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd prefer Dobson over Hughes personally. We don't need LHDs with Chabot and Wolanin already in the system. Dobson would naturally be the perfect partner for Chabot down the road.

I also think Montreal goes off the board and takes a center or d-man. I think we're getting Svech or Zadina depending on whether Carolina take Zadina for chemistry or Svech for skill.

It is so very interesting. I can’t wait to see how it all goes down. Montreal better trade down instead of taking a C or D at 3 or they will get roasted by fans for not seizing an opportunity to add extra assets for their coveted spot.

4932018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:27 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm not sure anyone in the top 8 really wants to move down. Picks 3-9 are pretty much all good picks

4942018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd prefer Dobson over Hughes personally. We don't need LHDs with Chabot and Wolanin already in the system. Dobson would naturally be the perfect partner for Chabot down the road.

It is so very interesting. I can’t wait to see how it all goes down. Montreal better trade down instead of taking a C or D at 3 or they will get roasted by fans for not seizing an opportunity to add extra assets for their coveted spot.

I don’t want Montreal trading down for that exact reason, they will probably pass on Zadina and take a C or D. All other teams know this and no one wants to pay the price to move up. If both thachuk and zadina are both on the board when we pick I hope we go with zadina. He’s friends with chlapik and we need a guy that can be a 30-40 goal scorer. You pair him with pageau and stone and watch out!

4952018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Personally I have huge reservations about picking thachuk. I think there is quite a few D and forwards listed after that will wind up being better. Thachuk looks to me like A won’t be a Sens for life and leave when he’s up) and B not a first line player.

4962018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:47 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. Tkachuk should go somewhere between 6-8 IMO. But I could definitely see Arizona taking him paying homage to his dad + they just re-signed OEL so I am not sure a top-end d-man is the way they need to go right now.

4972018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:26 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

A lot of chatter today about Kot. TSN has him as a top-five now with an unnamed scout comparing him to Kopitar.

I remember Dorion saying he was happy with the 4th overall as he expected the player he wanted to still be there in the draft. I have no idea where his head is at with this pick. If Zadina is there you 100% go for him right?

4982018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know enough about them, but Zadina sure sounds like a nice pick to me. Sniper with decent size. Yes please.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum