GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 41]

2712018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon May 07, 2018 1:22 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd much rather Boqvist or Bouchard if we're not getting Zadina or Svechnikov. Maybe even Whalstrom. Tkachuk is a 'safe' pick. He will be an NHLer and if he produces like his brother I'd be okay with a 50-60 point guy. But he won't be a 'star' and that's what this team needs right now. Some of our forward prospects will score in the same range. Unless you're getting a player that can score 80 points a season I think you look at D options.  

That was my opinion also and with that respect I might even be fine with trading down a couple spots. Getting some more assets. We do not have many picks in this draft.

2722018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon May 07, 2018 3:38 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Interesting thing about Boqvist is that he was born in August 2000, whereas Tkachuk and Zadina are 1999 birthdays...Boqvist is almost an entire year younger than Tkachuk.

2732018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon May 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:With an April 28th date being talked about for the draft lottery, it is about time we start talking next Ottawa Senators here.

I just watched Bouchard play last night and outside the consensus top 3, picking 4-6 is going to be tough to decide.

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Everyone is forgetting Bouchard who is much bigger and better defensively than both Boqvist and Hughes, and led the crappy Knights team in points.

As I have said multiple times, if the Sens can get their hands on another top-10 pick (Ceci or Hoffman trade) I certainly see them going after Bouchard if he is available.
I haven’t forgot about Bouchard. Quoted above is the original post that started this thread. The D is deep at the top of this draft and nobody has even mentioned Ty Smith yet either. I just think Dahlin, Boqvist and Hughes go before Bouchard. Boqvist is doing amazing things for his age as he was almost eligible for the 2019 draft. Him and Tkachuk are the opposite there because Tkachuk was born one day later than the cutoff for the 2017 draft, making him the oldest in this draft.

tim1_2 wrote:Interesting thing about Boqvist is that he was born in August 2000, whereas Tkachuk and Zadina are 1999 birthdays...Boqvist is almost an entire year younger than Tkachuk.
Yup. Here’s a post of mine from Pg.9 of this thread. I’d love to be in our draft room. Tkachuk is the oldest in this draft, Boqvist is the baby. Hughes is impressing me more and more every game. Good thing I trust our drafting.

2742018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon May 07, 2018 4:27 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Interesting thing about Boqvist is that he was born in August 2000, whereas Tkachuk and Zadina are 1999 birthdays...Boqvist is almost an entire year younger than Tkachuk.

My only concern with Boqvist is his size. I doubt he will play in the NHL next season for that reason. But will he play in the AHL? Would Boqvist make Ceci disposable?

I think trading Smith and Ceci and signing De Haan can really help clean out the second d pairing. Let Boqvist develop, re-sign Karl, and inject some youth and all of a sudden the Sens are much improved.

2752018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon May 07, 2018 7:40 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

My only concern with Boqvist is his size. I doubt he will play in the NHL next season for that reason. But will he play in the AHL? Would Boqvist make Ceci disposable?

I think trading Smith and Ceci and signing De Haan can really help clean out the second d pairing. Let Boqvist develop, re-sign Karl, and inject some youth and all of a sudden the Sens are much improved.
Boqvist can go play with the London Knights too if he wants. They did draft him after all.  Laughing3

2762018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon May 07, 2018 11:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

4th and 22nd it is.

2772018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue May 08, 2018 8:36 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

If we were going to package a player and Pittsburgh’s pick to move up and grab another selection in the Top 10, our package just became a whole lot more attractive. I’m looking at you Edmonton. Wow, I’d love their pick.

2782018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue May 08, 2018 9:58 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The Isles have two picks as well back-to-back. Veleno could be the steal of this year's draft and could be available around the 10-12 spot. Hayton also isn't getting the attention he deserves and could be a stud.

If Ottawa wants its fan base to forget about next year's pick, drafting ne of these guys and a top 4 pick will be a very successful draft.

2792018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue May 08, 2018 10:17 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently Tkachuk is returning to BU next year instead of potentially playing in the NHL.....

https://www.tsn.ca/report-tkachuk-to-stay-at-bu-for-2018-19-1.1079270

2802018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue May 08, 2018 10:48 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Apparently Tkachuk is returning to BU next year instead of potentially playing in the NHL.....

That’s probably a smart move. Probably means the habs won’t be picking him, they like to waste their prospects as early as possible

2812018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue May 08, 2018 11:18 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Apparently Tkachuk is returning to BU next year instead of potentially playing in the NHL.....

That’s probably a smart move. Probably means the habs won’t be picking him, they like to waste their prospects as early as possible

Probably means the Sens don't take him also. I wonder how much this decision had to do with him being drafted by Ottawa, Carolina, or Montreal? Ottawa expects their draft pick to play in the NHL next year. They either move up in the draft or they'll force someone who isn't NHL ready into the lineup. Here we go...

2822018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue May 08, 2018 11:27 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Wahlstrom or Boqvist at this point. I'd like Hughes but having a RHD in the system is a must considering we already have Wolanin and Chabot on the left. Bouchard would be good too.

I've soured on Tkachuk before and really hope the Sens move away from him. At 6'1", 205 lbs Wahlstrom already has NHL size and . I think he's who Ottawa should be going for at this point even if he is not expected to play in the NHL next season. Again, either him or Boqvist but my preference would be Wahlstrom at this point (assuming Zadina and Svech are gone)

2832018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue May 08, 2018 7:25 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Wahlstrom or Boqvist at this point. I'd like Hughes but having a RHD in the system is a must considering we already have Wolanin and Chabot on the left. Bouchard would be good too.

I've soured on Tkachuk before and really hope the Sens move away from him. At 6'1", 205 lbs Wahlstrom already has NHL size and . I think he's who Ottawa should be going for at this point even if he is not expected to play in the NHL next season. Again, either him or Boqvist but my preference would be Wahlstrom at this point (assuming Zadina and Svech are gone)
I’d take Boqvist over tkachuk

2842018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed May 09, 2018 10:03 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

A report states that Chiarelli is actively shopping his 10th overall.

2852018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed May 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Wahlstrom or Boqvist at this point. I'd like Hughes but having a RHD in the system is a must considering we already have Wolanin and Chabot on the left. Bouchard would be good too.

I’d take Boqvist over tkachuk
Would you take Hughes over Boqvist? I think the Sens would and will.

2862018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 9:58 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:A report states that Chiarelli is actively shopping his 10th overall.

What's it going to cost? Hoffman? At this point I'm committed to a rebuild. It's a such a deep draft this year.

- Trade Ceci and Hoffman for 10th and Klefbom
- Use 4th and 22nd to move into #2 (Svech or Zadina)
- Draft best player available at #10 (Dobson, Hughes, Veleno probably)
- Resign Wideman
- Try Jaros and see how he does

2872018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 10:48 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think at #4 we're taking Tkachuk/Zadina/Svech, but that's just a guess. I haven't seen any of these guys play more than a couple games, so there's no point in me speculating who is better. There seems like a few good D options too, but they're so hard to compare because they play in NCAA or Sweden or the CHL.

2882018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 19 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 10:56 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:A report states that Chiarelli is actively shopping his 10th overall.

What's it going to cost? Hoffman?  At this point I'm committed to a rebuild. It's a such a deep draft this year.

- Trade Ceci and Hoffman for 10th and Klefbom
- Use 4th and 22nd to move into #2 (Svech or Zadina)
- Draft best player available at #10 (Dobson, Hughes, Veleno probably)
- Resign Wideman
- Try Jaros and see how he does

I like your plan; however: I don't see the Sens moving two first rounders to move up a couple of spots. I'd rather keep 4 overall and get a second pick at 22. I also don't think the Oilers would deal pick 10 for Hoffman, but maybe if the deal becomes bigger (i.e. including Ceci as you have, etc) it could happen...seems like a longshot. The thing working in Ottawa's favour is that Hoffman seems like the exact type of winger they're looking for (fast, able to score). It'd be very interesting to line him up with McDavid...he could mostly keep up with the pace McDavid plays at, but Hoff doesn't seem to like to go to the net which could turn off potential suitors.

I'd like to see Wideman resigned as well...should be relatively cheap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum