GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 41]

1512018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:58 am

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Read this thread with opinions from somebody who watches Zadina play quite a bit. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-draft-prospect-discussion.2403797/page-48

To people who know what they’re talking about, unlike people with no knowledge like Lagoon , Svechnikov is far and away the clear #2
But thank you for posting this link in support of Svechnikov. Just so you know, the poster you want us to blindly follow admits that he doesn’t watch the OHL (Svechnikov) and only watches the Q (Zadina). He rountinely wants others to post about the OHL, so he can learn. He calls Zadina unbelievable, which I agree with. He also says that in no way will Dobson get drafted before McIsaac. Wow. I suggest you keep reading. I will be going to see my roughly 20th 2017-18 OHL game on Monday. I have no issue with Svechnikov, never have. He’s a beast. He didn’t have a good playoff however. My only issue was you pretending to know of a consensus difference between Zadina and Svechnikov. You are an arrogant poster that actually knows very little. It is why you are here trying to bully your opinion on others. People will have a good long post of opinion and you will respond with one sentence disputing a simple thought that Gagne could surprise at camp next season. Carry on being you. I will be here to call your Dung out.

1522018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:11 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:Read this thread with opinions from somebody who watches Zadina play quite a bit. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-draft-prospect-discussion.2403797/page-48

To people who know what they’re talking about, unlike people with no knowledge like Lagoon , Svechnikov is far and away the clear #2
But thank you for posting this link in support of Svechnikov. Just so you know, the poster you want us to blindly follow admits that he doesn’t watch the OHL (Svechnikov) and only watches the Q (Zadina). He rountinely wants others to post about the OHL, so he can learn. He calls Zadina unbelievable, which I agree with. He also says that in no way will Dobson get drafted before McIsaac. Wow. I suggest you keep reading. I will be going to see my roughly 20th 2017-18 OHL game on Monday. I have no issue with Svechnikov, never have. He’s a beast. He didn’t have a good playoff however. My only issue was you pretending to know of a consensus difference between Zadina and Svechnikov. You are an arrogant poster that actually knows very little. It is why you are here trying to bully your opinion on others. People will have a good long post of opinion and you will respond with one sentence disputing a simple thought that Gagne could surprise at camp next season. Carry on being you. I will be here to call your Dung out.

No, I’m done here. For good. And it’s all your fault. Youre a hypocrite and you clearly have other issues going on in your life. You are hilarious if you think you aren’t the one being the bully here. I know what I know, and I know I have a vast amount of knowledge about the game and prospects.

This is my last post on gmhockey. Nice talking to you guys over the years. Most of you know your Dung. Clearly this isn’t the place for me anymore given the toxicity brought in by certain posters.

1532018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:18 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

You’ll be back and I will be here to once again call you out on the dribble above that once again turns out to be false. You’re so dramatic, are you expecting people to fight for you to stay? Come back when you can convey better tone and be less of a know it all.

Last edited by Lagoon on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

1542018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:24 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ugh.

1552018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:26 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Can we all agree to disagree.

1562018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:27 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:You’ll be back and I will be here to once again call you out on the dribble above that once again turns out to be false. You’re so dramatic, are you expecting people to fight for you to stay? Come back when you can carry better tone and be less of a know it all.

Dude, ever hear of the high road? Ever hear of taking it? Ever hear of treating people the way you want to be treated? C'mon.

1572018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

My post questioned a continued assumption that someone knows for a fact that there is a distinguishable #2 prospect in the upcoming draft. He tried to cite a random poster that he himself admits that he doesn’t watch the OHL. If you want crap shoved down your throat, I’m sorry for defending your taste buds. Also, I thought the only opinion that mattered to Ev is Bob McKenzie’s. That list isn’t out yet. Many others are. So why is this random poster from a site he has bashed, now enough to call my knowledge as void. I’ve watched Svechnikov live 4 times this season. I love him. But I’m not going to pretend to know that he is better or worse than Zadina, who I’ve only seen on TV, watched online and read about. I’m not going anywhere.

1582018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:10 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Looks like I've missed some things.

1592018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:29 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:My post questioned a continued assumption that someone knows for a fact that there is a distinguishable #2 prospect in the upcoming draft. He tried to cite a random poster that he himself admits that he doesn’t watch the OHL. If you want crap shoved down your throat, I’m sorry for defending your taste buds. Also, I thought the only opinion that mattered to Ev is Bob McKenzie’s. That list isn’t out yet. Many others are. So why is this random poster from a site he has bashed, now enough to call my knowledge as void. I’ve watched Svechnikov live 4 times this season. I love him. But I’m not going to pretend to know that he is better or worse than Zadina, who I’ve only seen on TV, watched online and read about. I’m not going anywhere.

I'm not saying you're wrong to point out issues in a line-of-thinking...I'm saying it's wrong the way you go about it. Use some tact.

1602018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:Looks like I've missed some things.
Meh, not really. 11 more days until the lottery. IIHF World Under 18 Championships starts tomorrow to get a final look at some of these prospects. Too bad Dahlin isn’t playing.

1612018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:50 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
spader wrote:Looks like I've missed some things.
Meh, not really. 11 more days until the lottery. IIHF World Under 18 Championships starts tomorrow to get a final look at some of these prospects. Too bad Dahlin isn’t playing.

I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the back and forth between you and redacted. Laugh1

1622018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:51 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:You’ll be back and I will be here to once again call you out on the dribble above that once again turns out to be false. You’re so dramatic, are you expecting people to fight for you to stay? Come back when you can carry better tone and be less of a know it all.

Dude, ever hear of the high road?  Ever hear of taking it?  Ever hear of treating people the way you want to be treated?  C'mon.

I'm going to second Tim's post. This is a little much, Lagoon.

1632018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

If he can keep my name out of his mouth, I have no issues simply keeping him accountable for his posts. He hasn’t shown he can do that. I tried to report his post and nothing got done about it. Therefore, apparently, insults are fair game even though all I did was once again, show him where he confuses himself. Doesn’t matter anyway, he said he is done with the site and we all know he wouldn’t ever contradict himself.

1642018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:21 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:If he can keep my name out of his mouth, I have no issues simply keeping him accountable for his posts. He hasn’t shown he can do that. I tried to report his post and nothing got done about it. Therefore, apparently, insults are fair game even though all I did was once again, show him where he confuses himself. Doesn’t matter anyway, he said he is done with the site and we all know he wouldn’t ever contradict himself.

Just be civil, please.

1652018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:29 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think we should all try and be civil. I know I’ve had my moments also with a past poster but it’s best to ignore people when they get too much or just calmly disagree with their opinion.

1662018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:32 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I think we should all try and be civil. I know I’ve had my moments also with a past poster but it’s best to ignore people when they get too much or just calmly disagree with their opinion.

We've all had our moments. And, for the record, the "past poster" you had trouble with seemed incapable of civility, so that's on him.

1672018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:15 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

This sucks. The Barrie Colts are trying to keep Svechnikov out of the Under-18’s citing a shoulder injury. That would really suck for many reasons. I’ve watched Svechnikov many times this season in Barrie and once in Hamilton, but what I really want to see is for the first time, if he can actually dominate against his elite peers in International competition. He has been less than impressive during top International competition to date. Also, the wrist injury at the start of this year may have been a freak accident l, but it was still a hockey play and now he has an apparent shoulder injury as well. Are injuries going to common with him going forward?

1682018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 11 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:38 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:This sucks. The Barrie Colts are trying to keep Svechnikov out of the Under-18’s citing a shoulder injury. That would really suck for many reasons. I’ve watched Svechnikov many times this season in Barrie and once in Hamilton, but what I really want to see is for the first time, if he can actually dominate against his elite peers in International competition. He has been less than impressive during top International competition to date. Also, the wrist injury at the start of this year may have been a freak accident l, but it was still a hockey play and now he has an apparent shoulder injury as well. Are injuries going to common with him going forward?

Meh, I'm not sure how much stock can be placed in these short tournaments, especially the U18s. The U20s are a better indicator.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum