GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 41]

3762018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Well, they fired two scouts. That's news.

Apparently they were fired around a month ago??  The situation just keeps getting weirder.

I’m all for firing scouts if they’re responsible for recommending busts but are we replacing them with anybody? That’s the big question

3772018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 24, 2018 8:34 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Apparently they were fired around a month ago??  The situation just keeps getting weirder.

I’m all for firing scouts if they’re responsible for recommending busts but are we replacing them with anybody? That’s the big question

Apparently no replacements yet.

3782018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 24, 2018 10:47 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Apparently no replacements yet.

So the scouting department got melnyked. Surprise....

3792018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri May 25, 2018 6:50 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

One of the scouts was Tim Murray's son. The other was scouting in Sweden. Apparently during the time he was here we only drafted one Swede - Dahlen.

Also, back in August they did hire some more amateur scouts, albeit on a part time basis, as well as promote some.
https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/senators-announce-promotions-new-hires-to-scouting-and-athletic-therapy-staffs/c-290637562

3802018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Mon May 28, 2018 11:31 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I've made up my mind. If the draft goes Dhalin, Svech, Zadina as expected I think the sens should take Wahlstrom.

3812018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue May 29, 2018 1:31 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I've made up my mind. If the draft goes Dhalin, Svech, Zadina as expected I think the sens should take Wahlstrom.
I agree, but I think you could get him at 6 or 7 even...I'd look to trade down and try to get a 2nd or a 3rd round pick this year and take him a bit later...

I still think you could suck a 3rd at least out of Vancouver for our 4th

3822018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue May 29, 2018 6:11 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

That would be Burrows for Dahlen type robbery once again for Vancouver over us.

3832018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Tue May 29, 2018 11:28 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it’s entirely feasible that we trade down from our spot. But I doubt that we do it for a third round pick. It’s going to take more than a second rounder if you ask me. To get into the top 5 is quite expensive usually.

3842018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed May 30, 2018 7:44 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I really can't see us trading down unless we get a silly offer (like two later first rounders). Especially considering that we don't have a first rounder next year, our mighty Senators will be looking for a home run in this draft.

3852018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed May 30, 2018 8:03 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why, though? White is a slightly smaller Tkachuk with 1 year pro. Not saying Tkachuk isn't better (although White had better stats and results) but they play a similar game. I really don't see why Tkachuk is so much higher ranked than White was given that their offensive stats are similar; neither one is projected to be a 65+ point player. It must be the name.

Wahlstrom is more dynamic, higher ceiling from an offensive point of view and a better fit for what the organization needs.

There only problem is he is likely ranked higher by many others. We could trade away the #4 pick and then have someone else take Wahlstrom at #5. Too risky. If that's the guy you want you take him at 4.

3862018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed May 30, 2018 10:24 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. A lot of people questioned Winnipeg when they took Schiefele earlier than expected and look how that turned out. You go for the player you want irregardless of when your pick is. To me it's either Tkachuk or Wahlstrom at #4 . If the sens want a dman they can make a trade with Edmonton for the #10 where pne or boqvist, Bouchard, Dobson or Hughes is probably still available. Worst case they would end up with Hayton or Wilde.

I wouldn't be devastated if the Sens drafted Tkachuk. Guy seems like a physical freak. I just don't think he's what Ottawa needs given the number of two-way forward coming down the pipes.

Can't wait for the "All American" line of Wahl/Tkachuk-Brown-White in another year or two. If those guys pan out, Ottawa retains stone and Duchene and they find a complimentary top LW (could be Hoff) things are looking good in the top-six, even top nine with Chlapik Formenton and Batherson

3872018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed May 30, 2018 12:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The future's so bright I need sunglasses.

Thing is, I'm on my third pair as my prescription changes every couple years.

3882018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Wed May 30, 2018 11:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm really curious to see how it shakes out. I can't imagine them passing on Tkachuk, but if they do, they tend to know what they're doing.

3892018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 31, 2018 11:09 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brady Tkachuk who previously said he was going back to school now says that he'll turn pro next season. So that likely improves his draft status a bit.

3902018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 31, 2018 2:24 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Lagoon wrote:That would be Burrows for Dahlen type robbery once again for Vancouver over us.

Really...we give them the 4th, they give us the 7th and their 2nd rounder (37th over all). If they take Tkachuk we take a dman or Wahlstrom...if they all take the dmen and Wahlstrom we take Tkachuk...

Where's the lose in that scenario?

3912018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 31, 2018 2:25 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:I really can't see us trading down unless we get a silly offer (like two later first rounders).  Especially considering that we don't have a first rounder next year, our mighty Senators will be looking for a home run in this draft.

Those types of offeres only work when the players available in the top5 are all elite....unless a team values Tkachuk a tonne then you're not getting 2 1sts for that pick this year.

3922018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 31, 2018 5:29 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't see us trading down but can see us adding a 1st Rd pick. I think something could be done with Ceci or Hoffman with my preference being to retain Hoffman.

3932018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I could see trading down too. Especially if we like one of the dmen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum