GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 41]

3912018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 31, 2018 2:25 pm

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:I really can't see us trading down unless we get a silly offer (like two later first rounders).  Especially considering that we don't have a first rounder next year, our mighty Senators will be looking for a home run in this draft.

Those types of offeres only work when the players available in the top5 are all elite....unless a team values Tkachuk a tonne then you're not getting 2 1sts for that pick this year.

3922018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 31, 2018 5:29 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't see us trading down but can see us adding a 1st Rd pick. I think something could be done with Ceci or Hoffman with my preference being to retain Hoffman.

3932018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:06 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I could see trading down too. Especially if we like one of the dmen.

3942018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:33 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I just don't see Ottawa adding a dman. If the plan is to keep Karlsson then they have him, Chabot and Wolanin (and hopefully Wideman) as PMDs. Ottawa doesn't need more PMDs, they need skilled forwards. Englund and jaros (and begrudgingly Harpur and Boro) can and will play shutdown roles. They need someone who can contribute Ina top six capacity.

3952018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:10 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I just don't see Ottawa adding a dman. If the plan is to keep Karlsson then they have him, Chabot and Wolanin (and hopefully Wideman) as PMDs. Ottawa doesn't need more PMDs, they need skilled forwards. Englund and jaros (and begrudgingly Harpur and Boro) can and will play shutdown roles. They need someone who can contribute Ina top six capacity.

Yeah but the plan isn’t to keep Kalrsson....

3962018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I just don't see Ottawa adding a dman. If the plan is to keep Karlsson then they have him, Chabot and Wolanin (and hopefully Wideman) as PMDs. Ottawa doesn't need more PMDs, they need skilled forwards. Englund and jaros (and begrudgingly Harpur and Boro) can and will play shutdown roles. They need someone who can contribute Ina top six capacity.

You can't ice that defence core, you'd be destroyed.

3972018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:44 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:

You're right. But what's drafting a dman that's 2-3 years away going to do for us?

3982018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:32 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pierre made and interesting point about the Rangers. Their new coach is a big Tkachuk fan.

But I honestly don't see them moving the top 4 pick for a later pick in a weak draft.

3992018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:01 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

You're right. But what's drafting a dman that's 2-3 years away going to do for us?
We have to hit FA or the trade market for a Dman. It’s pretty obvious

4002018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:12 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agree with flo. By the time hughes, boqvist, or any of those guys are ready for the NHL Chabot and wolanin will be studs. If the plan is to keep Karlsson then we don't need to draft another, lesser iteration of him. Ottawa needs to sign a lhd that can play with Karl (De haan), and find some tough dmen who can protect the front of the net.

If the plan is to trade Karl then we have Chabot who us a year removed from being arguably the best defensive prodpect outside the NHL. Imo too much of the same player will not help this team. The sens need a 35+ goal scorer (which is what Ryan was supposed to be). I get the argument that we have a ton of forward prospects but we have Karlsson and Chabot on the backend which we should have for a long time

4012018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:10 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m not sure about Dehaan. He had problems being reliable for the isles what makes anyone thinks he can be a top 2 D for the Sens?

4022018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:24 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I’m not sure about Dehaan. He had problems being reliable for the isles what makes anyone thinks he can be a top 2 D for the Sens?

He's better than anyone we have now!

4032018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:29 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I’m not sure about Dehaan. He had problems being reliable for the isles what makes anyone thinks he can be a top 2 D for the Sens?

He's better than anyone we have now!

I think that’s subjective.

4042018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:40 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

To play with Karlsson? Maybe Chabot but he should be the go-to guy on the second pairing

4052018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot, just like Karlsson, is best at playing with a solid stay at home partner. For now, that means he's on the second pairing. But they could definitely both play on the top PP unit.

4062018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:15 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yupp. We're saying the same thing which furthers my point of de haan being better than anyone we have on the left side to play with Karlsson

4072018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:16 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ive been flip flopping on who to draft but a white-brown-tkachuk line could be pretty skilled and nasty to play against. White has been compared to Bergeron and it seems like tkachuk could end up being someone like Marchand. Brown a big playmaking center

4082018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:31 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ive been flip flopping on who to draft but a white-brown-tkachuk line could be pretty skilled and nasty to play against. White has been compared to Bergeron and it seems like tkachuk could end up being someone like Marchand. Brown a big playmaking center
I think white Bergeron comparisons was the ceiling talked about in his draft year. I think it’s lowered expectations for him now. 2nd line winger is a best case scenario or 3rd line C

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum