GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 NHL Entry Draft

+8
dennycrane
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Oglethorpe
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 41]

2862018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 9:58 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:A report states that Chiarelli is actively shopping his 10th overall.

What's it going to cost? Hoffman? At this point I'm committed to a rebuild. It's a such a deep draft this year.

- Trade Ceci and Hoffman for 10th and Klefbom
- Use 4th and 22nd to move into #2 (Svech or Zadina)
- Draft best player available at #10 (Dobson, Hughes, Veleno probably)
- Resign Wideman
- Try Jaros and see how he does

2872018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 10:48 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think at #4 we're taking Tkachuk/Zadina/Svech, but that's just a guess. I haven't seen any of these guys play more than a couple games, so there's no point in me speculating who is better. There seems like a few good D options too, but they're so hard to compare because they play in NCAA or Sweden or the CHL.

2882018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 10:56 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:A report states that Chiarelli is actively shopping his 10th overall.

What's it going to cost? Hoffman?  At this point I'm committed to a rebuild. It's a such a deep draft this year.

- Resign Wideman

I like your plan; however: I don't see the Sens moving two first rounders to move up a couple of spots. I'd rather keep 4 overall and get a second pick at 22. I also don't think the Oilers would deal pick 10 for Hoffman, but maybe if the deal becomes bigger (i.e. including Ceci as you have, etc) it could happen...seems like a longshot. The thing working in Ottawa's favour is that Hoffman seems like the exact type of winger they're looking for (fast, able to score). It'd be very interesting to line him up with McDavid...he could mostly keep up with the pace McDavid plays at, but Hoff doesn't seem to like to go to the net which could turn off potential suitors.

I'd like to see Wideman resigned as well...should be relatively cheap.

2892018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 11:05 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

If Hughes is available at #10, I will quit talking about hockey. I don’t think he will be available at 6. Maybe not even 5 or 4.

I would be ok with everything else you suggest, but don’t see a need for Jaros yet. Also, if we are moving up to #2 with our two 1sts, it better be because you think Svechnikov can be everything great ever said about him. I wouldn’t move up for Zadina.

2902018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 11:47 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Outside of the top five this is not a few draft. Oilers have already said whoever guess at #10 will not be playing in the NHL next season, which is why they are willing to listen to offers.

McGuire said this morning (and not for the first time) that the next two drafts (2019 and 2020) will be much deeper.

Maybe we should trade Pitt's pick back to them in exchange for their pick in 2019. With any luck Crosby or Malkin or Murray get injured she we end up with a top 10 pick.

2912018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Wahlstrom or Boqvist at this point. I'd like Hughes but having a RHD in the system is a must considering we already have Wolanin and Chabot on the left. Bouchard would be good too.

I've soured on Tkachuk before and really hope the Sens move away from him. At 6'1", 205 lbs Wahlstrom already has NHL size and . I think he's who Ottawa should be going for at this point even if he is not expected to play in the NHL next season. Again, either him or Boqvist but my preference would be Wahlstrom at this point (assuming Zadina and Svech are gone)
I’d take Boqvist over tkachuk
Would you take Hughes over Boqvist? I think the Sens would and will.

Nope. And what makes you think they would do that?

2922018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

What's it going to cost? Hoffman?  At this point I'm committed to a rebuild. It's a such a deep draft this year.

- Resign Wideman

I wouldn’t trade the 22nd overall paired with the 4rth unless it’s absolutle necessary. I’d tack on a prospect or a player to move up but I think if we could have 3 first rounder then we are in a very good position.

And all this is if we trade Kalrsson. If we do then I’m on board. And I’m hoping it’s vegas and we get Cody Glass +++ from them. There’s your future number 1C.
And yeah, if we trade Hoffman and ceci for that package we probably should hand over the 1st overall to Colorado next year. But hey, if it means getting a rebuild done in a few years then that’s how you do it by getting maximum return of quality of assets fast and soon.

2932018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Outside of the top five this is not a few draft. Oilers have already said whoever guess at #10 will not be playing in the NHL next season, which is why they are willing to listen to offers.

McGuire said this morning (and not for the first time) that the next two drafts (2019 and 2020) will be much deeper.

Maybe we should trade Pitt's pick back to them in exchange for their pick in 2019. With any luck Crosby or Malkin or Murray get injured she we end up with a top 10 pick.

That’s an interesting proposition but I doubt it materializes itself. Plus they’d have to include another asset to make that happen.

They always say that about future draft until it gets to the actual draft year and then it’s the future ones that are great.
Imo the 1st round is pretty good this year. I wouldn’t mind picking at 22nd. We’ll find ways to get another 1st next year, probably because it will be part of the return for kalrsson.

I think it makes a lot of sense for Ottawa to trade Hoffman for that 10th but that makes us a lot worse next year if we’re being honest.

Next year looks bleak.

2942018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 2:04 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Again, I think next year will be a good year for us. It includes Karlsson.

2952018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 2:14 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Wahlstrom or Boqvist at this point. I'd like Hughes but having a RHD in the system is a must considering we already have Wolanin and Chabot on the left. Bouchard would be good too.

I've soured on Tkachuk before and really hope the Sens move away from him. At 6'1", 205 lbs Wahlstrom already has NHL size and . I think he's who Ottawa should be going for at this point even if he is not expected to play in the NHL next season. Again, either him or Boqvist but my preference would be Wahlstrom at this point (assuming Zadina and Svech are gone)
I’d take Boqvist over tkachuk
Would you take Hughes over Boqvist? I think the Sens would and will.

Nope. And what makes you think they would do that?
Just because he is almost a full year older and his game is more NHL-ready right now in my opinion. These two are so close to one another. Hughes was the youngest player in College hockey and Boqvist is one of the youngest in this draft. I see Hughes as the better player right now and he should be. Tough to pick the lefty over the righty, but I think Hughes goes before Boqvist is this draft.

2962018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’m so torn on wanting the Oilers 10th overall. I want it, but to get it we have to give up a roster player. Anyone other than Ceci, I won’t like the deal most likely and even losing Ceci for a draft pick hurts us next year. It’s almost time to let this thing play out.

2972018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 5:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I’m so torn on wanting the Oilers 10th overall. I want it, but to get it we have to give up a roster player. Anyone other than Ceci, I won’t like the deal most likely and even losing Ceci for a draft pick hurts us next year. It’s almost time to let this thing play out.
All depends on if this is a retool or a rebuild. Honestly if we ship out Hoffman it’s a hell of a message to Duchene. And tbh I don’t see why he’d want to resign here anyways if karlsson is moved. I just hope the org gets something close to what we have up to get him. The advantage is whoever will trade for Duchene after July 1st will get a chance to have a contract worked out and in that respect it’s a bit more valuable for us.

2982018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 5:51 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Signing Karlsson just seems so simple to me. Everyone should stay if he does. If Karlsson goes, you are right, others probably will too. They’ve pretty much said it too.

2992018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 10:09 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Signing Karlsson just seems so simple to me. Everyone should stay if he does. If Karlsson goes, you are right, others probably will too. They’ve pretty much said it too.

If it was just up to management right now they might be ab’e To but there’s been a lot of harm done by ownership and management. Plus I don’t think the team is heading in a direction Kalrsson is comfortable with. As it’s been stated it’s heading toward a 4-5 year rebuild (whether that actually happens).
I think most people here believe we could be back to competing with 2-3 moves but if we’re being honest there is no appetite from ownership to spend what would be needed both in FA and, buyouts and contracts to actually make it happen. We’d likely have to be a cap team.

So it’s not gonna happen. We’re losing a rare generational talent because of a stingy owner is what it boils down to.

3002018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Thu May 10, 2018 10:46 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I do agree we could lose him. I agree that management isn’t helping. But I’ve always maintained that they will use him all season until closer to the deadline for simple optics. In those 5 months of playing, my only hope is that both sides let cooler heads prevail, the Sens get back to winning and Karlsson reups.

3012018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri May 11, 2018 7:42 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I do agree we could lose him. I agree that management isn’t helping. But I’ve always maintained that they will use him all season until closer to the deadline for simple optics. In those 5 months of playing, my only hope is that both sides let cooler heads prevail, the Sens get back to winning and Karlsson reups.

I don't see any scenario under which the season begins with Karlsson in Ottawa and without a new contract. I know similar things have happened with other superstars (Tavares, Stamkos), but I do not see it happening here. I think it's a done deal that he's getting traded. Dorion will make an offer just to say he made an offer, and then Karlsson will be traded at some point in the summer.

3022018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri May 11, 2018 11:26 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I guess we will see. I see the Sens keeping him until around the deadline and maybe beyond for all the reasons we’ve discussed.

3032018 NHL Entry Draft - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Fri May 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I do agree we could lose him. I agree that management isn’t helping. But I’ve always maintained that they will use him all season until closer to the deadline for simple optics. In those 5 months of playing, my only hope is that both sides let cooler heads prevail, the Sens get back to winning and Karlsson reups.

I don't see any scenario under which the season begins with Karlsson in Ottawa and without a new contract.  I know similar things have happened with other superstars (Tavares, Stamkos), but I do not see it happening here.  I think it's a done deal that he's getting traded.  Dorion will make an offer just to say he made an offer, and then Karlsson will be traded at some point in the summer.

Yeah, as you’ve previously pointed out, if he gets injured during the season then the only option would be to resign him and he would likely say no.
Besides melnyk has no appetite for a 12 mill contract

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum