GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade deadline

+7
Lagoon
tim1_2
Ev
PTFlea
Oglethorpe
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

31Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:58 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think karlsson is gone but people acting like this will ruin the franchise are naive. His contract would have ruined the team under its current structure

32Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:10 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:The Ryan part is about money. Karlsson, not at all

But isn’t it? Why on earth would kalrsson want to leave? Why is the team where it is? Who is the focal point of all the problems surrounding Ottawa? Who isn’t playing the good owner? What are the leading problems surrounding this owner?

#MONEY

33Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:13 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No, kalrsson leaving the franchise isn’t gonna ruin this team. MELNYK DOES THAT WELL ALL BY HIMSELF!

I hope there is a meltdown in Ottawa, I hope there’s pie on the face all over this teams managent.

And you know what? Bet you Melnyk comes back about a poorer attendance just to fuel the fire saying he’s got reason to want to relocate the franchise. He’s that Cussing idiotic.

JUST.SELL.THE.TEAM!

34Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

But isn’t it? Why on earth would kalrsson want to leave? Why is the team where it is? Who is the focal point of all the problems surrounding Ottawa? Who isn’t playing the good owner? What are the leading problems surrounding this owner?

#MONEY

You’re contradicting yourself. If Melnyk is such a huge problem and that’s why karlsson wants out, it has nothing to do with money. I’m referring to them not wanting to commit to his contract. That’s not what this is about

35Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:17 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:No, kalrsson leaving the franchise isn’t gonna ruin this team. MELNYK DOES THAT WELL ALL BY HIMSELF!

I hope there is a meltdown in Ottawa, I hope there’s pie on the face all over this teams managent.

And you know what? Bet you Melnyk comes back about a poorer attendance just to fuel the fire saying he’s got reason to want to relocate the franchise. He’s that Cussing idiotic.

JUST.SELL.THE.TEAM!

I don’t blame him, this fanbase has sucked over the last five years.

36Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:29 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:No, kalrsson leaving the franchise isn’t gonna ruin this team. MELNYK DOES THAT WELL ALL BY HIMSELF!

JUST.SELL.THE.TEAM!

I don’t blame him, this fanbase has sucked over the last five years.

Wow. This franchise is fine when you compare it to the average. And besides, look around. You don’t run a hockey franchise by measuring the product to what you perceive is the market. You have to, HAVE TO, get the best product on the ice in order to get the fans to come to games. No the other way around. If you don’t understand that, I don’t think you understand how to run a hockey team. This is how you run a sports franchise. Any other way is running it not looking for success but for ulterior motives. Mainly for cash because the fan base allows it(the leaf of yesteryears come to mind) or to flip it for more cash.

37Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

#MONEY

You’re contradicting yourself. If Melnyk is such a huge problem and that’s why karlsson wants out, it has nothing to do with money. I’m referring to them not wanting to commit to his contract. That’s not what this is about

I’m pointing at two different avenues. Either way it is, it’s all relating to Melnyk being cheap. Maybe(and I doubt it) Melnyk is willing to spend to keep kalrsson but he ain’t willing to spend to put a decent product on the ice.

Why do you think kalrsson might have developed ideas of moving? When you hear the owner talking about how he’s gonna cut costs everywhere, I can’t blame kalrsson or any other player for wanting to leave.

Either way you look at it, it’s related to Melnyk being a cheap SOB.

If the org and the player can’t come out and say it’s the player that didn’t want to stay then I believe there is gonna be money behind this.
Including bobby in the deal for less assets is damaging the return. Everywhere I look I see an org that bleeds.

38Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brassard to Pittsburgh for a 1st, goalie Gustavsson and other cap related elements.
#darren Dreger

Underwhelming.....

39Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ian cole and this 1st pits.

Hopefully a first round exit for the pens... not likely

40Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think I’m gonna be sick... Puking2

41Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't mind that return at all, frankly. It's Brassard that was underwhelming.

42Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:05 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That’s a fantastic deal for Ottawa.

They will flip file to get another pick

43Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would have rather have Sprong out of Pitts plus. Gillies part of a deal for Zach smith would have made more sens. Further along in his development. Never know what you get with a 10year old goalie. Especially on that Swedish team

44Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sprong will never be a star, huge character issues

45Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Sprong will never be a star, huge character issues
They said the same about Hoffman.

46Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:32 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Sprong will never be a star, huge character issues

It just doesn’t stop. You are funny.

47Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

What’s not funny to me is what has happened to Ottawa under Melnyk the past couple seasons. This is going to get worse before it gets better in my opinion.

48Trade deadline  - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:37 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, not thrilled with the return for Brassard...hopefully Gustavsson turns out. They should be able to get a 3rd or something for Cole.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum