GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade deadline

+7
Lagoon
tim1_2
Ev
PTFlea
Oglethorpe
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

1Trade deadline  Empty Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:11 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thought we could use a thread to break down the trades from other teams and from the sens. It’s looking like it’s going to be a big one.

As mentioned on TSN with the Grabner trade who netted a 2nd rounder and a prospect, this could likely be the trade that sets the market.

The good news for sens fans is that this rental netted more than a 2nd round pick. So we should be able to get some firsts or high prospects from a lot of our guys if they are traded. I’m looking at smith right now. Especially if it’s calgary.

As I stated in the other thread I expect some high end prospects might be coming our way. We’ll see.

2Trade deadline  Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:28 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I woke up this morning to the radio. They were talking about how Brassard, Hoffman, Karlsson, Smith, Pageau, Ryan and Oduya could all be gone. I had a gut-sinking feeling when I heard that. I suppose it is the feeling of reality setting in.

Honestly they could avoid all of this if they just did something with Ryan's contract. All they needed to do was move it (somehow), find someone for Karlsson to play with, and bring in a top-six forward. I think selling all these guys is just an excuse for Melnyk to shed money.

3Trade deadline  Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:31 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I woke up this morning to the radio. They were talking about how Brassard, Hoffman, Karlsson, Smith, Pageau, Ryan and Oduya could all be gone. I had a gut-sinking feeling when I heard that. I suppose it is the feeling of reality setting in.

Honestly they could avoid all of this if they just did something with Ryan's contract. All they needed to do was move it (somehow), find someone for Karlsson to play with, and bring in a top-six forward. I think selling all these guys is just an excuse for Melnyk to shed money.

I just don't see how they could think the team would have the same success by losing a possession-driving top-six forward, their depth forwards (Stalberg, Wingels), and a top-pairing defenceman and replace them with Thompson and Oduya. What scares me most about this is the fact that Dorion is leading the way here.

4Trade deadline  Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:05 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I woke up this morning to the radio. They were talking about how Brassard, Hoffman, Karlsson, Smith, Pageau, Ryan and Oduya could all be gone. I had a gut-sinking feeling when I heard that. I suppose it is the feeling of reality setting in.

Of course it's about Melnyk shedding money. He said he would during his Winter Classic rant. If there wasn't a salary floor this would get uglier. Thankfully for The Euge McArthur's salary paid mostly by an insurance company counts towards the cap.

5Trade deadline  Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:08 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't trade Karlsson or Hoffman or Stone, all else are on the table, including the highly ineffective Brassard who I think can get a fair bit.

6Trade deadline  Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:30 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Don't trade Karlsson or Hoffman or Stone, all else are on the table, including the highly ineffective Brassard who I think can get a fair bit.

Highly ineffective?

7Trade deadline  Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Don't trade Karlsson or Hoffman or Stone, all else are on the table, including the highly ineffective Brassard who I think can get a fair bit.

Highly ineffective?

He's heated up recently, but his whole tenure here has been relatively underwhelming. Cash in those chips.

8Trade deadline  Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:48 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

Highly ineffective?

He's heated up recently, but his whole tenure here has been relatively underwhelming.  Cash in those chips.

Brassard = Turris yet you call Brassard ineffective and mourn the loss of Turris ? I don't get it.

9Trade deadline  Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:04 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Agreed. Brassard's been very good this year and was great in the playoffs for us last year. I'd like to keep him as the perfect 2nd line centre behind Duchene.

10Trade deadline  Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:12 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With the rumoured offer of 1st , Sprong, and goalie prospect Gustavsson, I would trade brassard

11Trade deadline  Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:14 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:With the rumoured offer of 1st , Sprong, and goalie prospect Gustavsson, I would trade brassard
We need to take on some salary or retain some.

12Trade deadline  Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:44 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ding ding ding!!! Winner winner, chicken dinner!

13Trade deadline  Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:47 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:With the rumoured offer of 1st , Sprong, and goalie prospect Gustavsson, I would trade brassard

I made my prediction yesterday that we’d be getting Sprong from Pittsburgh for brass (and then some) as Rutherford seems intent on making a big splash and he’ll likely pay the price.

I really like Brassard but if we can get a 1st and Sprong then it may be worth it.

14Trade deadline  Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:50 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’d agree on stone, Hoffman and kalrsson. We can still retool if we keep those and bring in some nice pieces through trades and maybe try and sign or trade a second line C in the off season and do it right next year. We have some interesting young pieces we could be back to contending next year or the one after. But we lose kalrsson and our best wingers and we are looking at a straight up 4-5 year rebuild. (As other players will just leave(ie duchene)

15Trade deadline  Empty Re: Trade deadline Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:59 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I expect Melnyk will want to go hard after Hossa, maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder could get it done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum