GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade deadline

+7
Lagoon
tim1_2
Ev
PTFlea
Oglethorpe
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

136Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:02 am

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Lol at Vegas trading futures for Tatar. That team is not gonna be good next year

I swear I’ve heard that before

Time to find a futures bet for this year and next.

137Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:48 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:Lol at Vegas trading futures for Tatar. That team is not gonna be good next year

I will be laying actual money on the under for Vegas' points next year. They are going to fizzle.

138Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:19 am

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ya ok Laughing3

139Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:25 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Ya ok Laughing3

If I'm wrong I'll lose the bet. But I'm going to do it. I don't see how anyone can objectively think they won't be a bubble team next year.

140Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:31 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

So what you are saying is you are going to bet the under on a number you have yet to see and against a team that’s roster for next year is uncertain? Awesome. Your posts provide so much valuable information that should be taken seriously.

141Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:44 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:So what you are saying is you are going to bet the under on a number you have yet to see and against a team that’s roster for next year is uncertain? Awesome. Your posts provide so much valuable information that should be taken seriously.

Yes because the number will be inflated because of their 1st year. I don't care what the actual number is, but it will be well above 90 and I will be betting it, no matter what happens this off season.

Again, why are you here if you're just going to insult everybody?

142Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:45 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I, too, think Vegas will not be as good next year, but we'll see what the off-season brings. Nobody thought they'd do anything this year and EVERYONE got it wrong.

143Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:17 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I, too, think Vegas will not be as good next year, but we'll see what the off-season brings.  Nobody thought they'd do anything this year and EVERYONE got it wrong.

Yeah that’s my opinion too but let’s see what happens over the summer.

If they have kalrsson on their team plus a few good free agents you never know

144Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:09 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

I will be laying actual money on the under for Vegas' points next year. They are going to fizzle.

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Ya ok Laughing3

If I'm wrong I'll lose the bet. But I'm going to do it. I don't see how anyone can objectively think they won't be a bubble team next year.

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:So what you are saying is you are going to bet the under on a number you have yet to see and against a team that’s roster for next year is uncertain? Awesome. Your posts provide so much valuable information that should be taken seriously.

Yes because the number will be inflated because of their 1st year. I don't care what the actual number is, but it will be well above 90 and I will be betting it, no matter what happens this off season.

Again, why are you here if you're just going to insult everybody?

I was hoping I could find this gold.

145Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:30 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not sure why you brought this up? A lot remains to be seen with Vegas, despite adding Pacioretty.

146Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:47 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Just to keep a poster’s blind and steadfast promise honest. Integrity.

I’m not saying Vegas will be good, bad, over a number or under a number. I have no opinion there. All I see is a team that plays the way I like. They’ve lost Perron and Neal and replaces them with Stastny and MaxP. To me, that’s upgrading. Losing Schmidt for 20 games sucks and Theodore has even more power to holdout now, but we’ll see.

147Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:00 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vegas is likely to crash back to earth like most Cinderella teams tend to do. It's just history repeating itself.

Florida went to the final in in 96 when no one expected it.
Next season they were taken out 4-1 in the first round of the playoffs.

Carolina went to the final in 2002 and were the worst team in the conference the next season.

Anaheim went to the final in 2003 and were the fourth worst team in their conference the next season.

Calgary in 2004 were never expected to get to the final and lost in the first round after the lockout. Granted they did well in the standings with 103 points.

Edmonton in 2006 were also not expected to get to the finals and were fourth worst in their conference the next season.

- Unknown Author

148Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Just to keep a poster’s blind and steadfast promise honest. Integrity.

I’m not saying Vegas will be good, bad, over a number or under a number. I have no opinion there. All I see is a team that plays the way I like. They’ve lost Perron and Neal and replaces them with Stastny and MaxP. To me, that’s upgrading. Losing Schmidt for 20 games sucks and Theodore has even more power to holdout now, but we’ll see.

I like what Vegas did this summer but there’s still the issue of some of their players overachieving. I’m not sure where they will stand at the end of the season but I’m not convinced they make the playoffs either.
They don’t look to me like a bottom 5 teams though.

149Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:31 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I have them winning the Central with 98 points. That’s lower than most projections I’ve seen. I can’t wait to see the line for betting.

150Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Trade deadline  - Page 10 DcBFyfb

Now we see what happens

151Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So educate me. Does that mean you put up $150 and if Vegas gets under 97 points you get your $150 back plus $130.43?

I'm guessing that's because most people are going for the over and they need to even things out

152Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:19 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:So educate me. Does that mean you put up $150 and if Vegas gets under 97 points you get your $150 back plus $130.43?

I'm guessing that's because most people are going for the over and they need to even things out

Yes. But both over and under have the exact same odds . If Vegas gets 97 points I win

153Trade deadline  - Page 10 Empty Re: Trade deadline Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Same odds? I guess that's pretty much the definition of over-under, they pick a number that's they expect to be right on the line.

I'm just wondering how they will make money on it if they give you that much. Guess they are hoping it's not one sided, because they could lose a lot of money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum