GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 59 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Alfie is just publicly stating what Karlsson has already said. Who knows what the truth is though?

Where did The Alfie state this?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Someone tweeted be it. I think it was during one of the interviews when he was induced into the IIHF Hall of Fame.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Here: https://www.si.com/nhl/2018/05/22/daniel-alfredsson-iihf-hall-fame

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So here's the full paragraph about the quote:

Asked if he’d heard anything about the future of his fellow Erik Karlsson, a fellow Swede and current captain of the Senators who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in July 2019, Alfredsson said: “To me, he says that he wants to stay. But it’s not all in his hands.”

Nothing to see here.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's enough. Pay him his 88 million if he wants to stay he takes it. Make sure it gets leaked you offered 11 million a season so if he doesn't sign you're not the villain.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Alfredsson said that he hopes the Sens get a new owner. ThisJustIn!

https://www.tsn.ca/alfredsson-we-hope-we-get-a-new-owner-1.1096452

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Alfredsson said that he hopes the Sens get a new owner.  ThisJustIn!

https://www.tsn.ca/alfredsson-we-hope-we-get-a-new-owner-1.1096452

Not surpring to hear it but it’s the kind of news that usually doesn’t get out. Definitely feel like the person who blogged this won’t be getting much in terms of interviews even though they didn’t agree to terms.

Now knowing this info came out but not hearing anything about a possible new owner leads me to believe there likely isn’t another group wanting to step in or an actual deal waiting to be consummated.

At least we know why Alfie left now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy cow...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think we always knew why The Alfie left, and now Karlsson will likely be following suit. Also, Bettman said in his pre-Cup Final press conference that the Sens aren't for sale and that Eugene is a "committed owner".

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I think we always knew why The Alfie left, and now Karlsson will likely be following suit.  Also, Bettman said in his pre-Cup Final press conference that the Sens aren't for sale and that Eugene is a "committed owner".  

Fine... let the exodus begin.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Committed? Yeah, he should be.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I imagine all the hatred towards Melnyk has just motivated him to stick around as long as possible out of spite. That said, at some point I imagine he's gonna run out of the capacity to take on more debt.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dreger revisits the idea of Vegas trading for Karlsson in the off-season.

https://www.tsn.ca/off-season-watch-could-vegas-make-a-big-splash-this-summer-1.1098591

Imagine winning the Cup and THEN trading for a guy like EK? Must be nice to be a spoiled Vegas fan.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Vegas can go screw itself. They were built on the incompetence of several GMs and the league's inability to write down loophole-less rules.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Vegas can go screw itself. They were built on the incompetence of several GMs and the league's inability to write down loophole-less rules.
Really? So you saw their success on opening night after seeing their roster?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

MPS gets a one-year deal. Nicely done.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:Vegas can go screw itself. They were built on the incompetence of several GMs and the league's inability to write down loophole-less rules.
Really? So you saw their success on opening night after seeing their roster?
No, I saw them take Marchessault and said what the effort is Florida thinking? I saw them take Meet with no intention of keeping them and said the NHL should have made rules prohibiting so of these kinds of moves. You take one player or you take no players (30 in the expansion draft plus 7 in the regular draft plus UFAs is enough to ice an expansion team; if you don't need a player from one of the teams them you don't take a player from that team, that's it).

All of the deals undermined the integrity of the expansion draft. Just like front end loader deals aim at circumventing the cap.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:MPS gets a one-year deal. Nicely done.
Not surprising really. Player on a cheap contact. Fast like they want them and guarantees him a job next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 59 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum