GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 60 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

MPS gets a one-year deal. Nicely done.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:Vegas can go screw itself. They were built on the incompetence of several GMs and the league's inability to write down loophole-less rules.
Really? So you saw their success on opening night after seeing their roster?
No, I saw them take Marchessault and said what the effort is Florida thinking? I saw them take Meet with no intention of keeping them and said the NHL should have made rules prohibiting so of these kinds of moves. You take one player or you take no players (30 in the expansion draft plus 7 in the regular draft plus UFAs is enough to ice an expansion team; if you don't need a player from one of the teams them you don't take a player from that team, that's it).

All of the deals undermined the integrity of the expansion draft. Just like front end loader deals aim at circumventing the cap.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:MPS gets a one-year deal. Nicely done.
Not surprising really. Player on a cheap contact. Fast like they want them and guarantees him a job next year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

6 points in 35 games gets you $900K. (Borat voice) What a country (club)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is a once in a lifetime thing for Vegas. They got Fleury - who can suck with the best of them or be Hasek-esq, they got Gallant from the idiots in Florida, then they got to pick the best players possible from teams. It'll be hard for them to even make the playoffs next year IMO. I mean...Karlsson scores 43 goals for them? Let's see him do that again.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:6 points in 35 games gets you $900K. (Borat voice) What a country (club)

Fast, hard working, perfect 4th liner at the right price. What's wrong with that? Even if you sit him 25 games that's worth it IMO.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:6 points in 35 games gets you $900K. (Borat voice) What a country (club)

Fast, hard working, perfect 4th liner at the right price.  What's wrong with that?  Even if you sit him 25 games that's worth it IMO.

Couple reasons. Nothing against Paajaarvi but we have a lot of players with too little offensive production. Probably the main reason Paajaarvi had only 6 points was his linemates. We also are a rebuilding team with many young players who could also fill that 4th line and gain valuable experience.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, the MPS signing is fine. I'd rather see him than Nate Thompson/Alex Burrows/whoever in the bottom 6, that's for sure.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Fast, hard working, perfect 4th liner at the right price.  What's wrong with that?  Even if you sit him 25 games that's worth it IMO.

Couple reasons. Nothing against Paajaarvi but we have a lot of players with too little offensive production. Probably the main reason Paajaarvi had only 6 points was his linemates. We also are a rebuilding team with many young players who could also fill that 4th line and gain valuable experience.

Perhaps, but nice speed and size on line 4 goes a long way. He'll play 60 game I would guess and other young players will see time. The focus is on the top 9 imo, we need some punch there and we need a total new defence basically. Especially is 65 leaves

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I don't really give a crap about a bottom 6 signing at this point....show me what the way forward is for the D....

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'll say it again, I don't mind MSP, but we need to get rid of a few players, not add more of them.

If they had the balls to buy out Burrows, sure, sign Paajaarvi. But otherwise why bother?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I read this as a sign that Smith or Hoffman is probably out the door. Or Burrows. If Chlapik and white are on next year's roster: Duchene, stone, Hoffman, Smith, dzingel, pageau, Burrows, MPS, McCormick, white, chlapik, Pyatt. There are your 12 forwards. Not a lot of room to add unless you start subtracting

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I read this as a sign that Smith or Hoffman is probably out the door. Or Burrows. If Chlapik and white are on next year's roster: Duchene, stone, Hoffman, Smith, dzingel, pageau, Burrows, MPS, McCormick, white, chlapik, Pyatt. There are your 12 forwards. Not a lot of room to add unless you start subtracting
I don’t see a buyout in the books for burrows and certainly no one is trading for him.

Maybe smith can be moved but I don’t see a huge return. 3rd rounder at best.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So what are you suggesting ? Don't forget our tire fire of dmen next season: Karlsson, Chabot, Boro, Harpur, Ceci with one opening. I also forgot Gaborik in the post above so there are your 12 forwards plus 1. Next season has the potential for a real rollercoaster

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like the optimism of including Karlsson on our roster for next season!!

Everyone has to keep in mind that things could look dramatically different if Karlsson gets dealt. There would likely be multiple roster players inbound in that scenario.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just when you thought things couldn't get weirder in Sens land:

https://www.tsn.ca/report-senators-agm-lee-arrested-in-buffalo-1.1100925

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What the heck...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It'll be interesting to see what comes of it....  If he made a sexually explicit comment to the 19 year old, I could easily see Lee getting canned over this.

Edit: http://news.wbfo.org/post/ottawa-senators-executive-arrested-buffalo-alleged-incident-hotel-employee

Yep, definitely seems to have sexual overtones....adios Mr. Lee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 60 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum