GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good news. He had an impressive season to say the least. Wonder if they promised him some games this year.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:He sees Boro, Claesson, Harpur on the left side. And Englund coming up. Of course his agent told him to sign here.

Even if they win the draft lottery he'd still be 2nd on the depth chart. How many teams can give that kind of opportunity.

Well, and by signing now, he'll get paid now and can burn a year off his ELC. If he waited to sign anywhere else, he wouldn't be burning a year this year.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Lots of reasons to sign here. Also lots of reasons to stay as far away as possible.

I’m very happy we continue our streak of signing our college kids as well as free agent ones.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:Good news. He had an impressive season to say the least. Wonder if they promised him some games this year.

There is no doubt in my mind they promised him that. It was their biggest leverage piece to appeal to him. If he isn’t wearing an Ottawa Senators jersey playing a regulation NHL Hockey game before the 2017-18 season ends, I will have no idea why he signed with us.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

And just like that, Boucher says Wolanin might play tomorrow night.

Good luck. You will probably be the 3rd best Sens defenceman on the ice tomorrow.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Two PMD on the left hand side. Boucher will have no idea what to do with him.

Seriously though, this showing could spell the end for Claesson in Ottawa with Harpur, Chabot, and Boro signed for next season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm guessing 2nd best. I don't think Karlsson will return yet.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Two PMD on the left hand side. Boucher will have no idea what to do with him.

Seriously though, this showing could spell the end for Claesson in Ottawa with Harpur, Chabot, and Boro signed for next season.

I do believe one of Claeson or Harpur will not be here next season. Harpur might get a better return in a trade. GMs love 6'6" d-men.

As for Boucher, he'll just play Chabot on the right. He's done that before.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Good news. He had an impressive season to say the least. Wonder if they promised him some games this year.

There is no doubt in my mind they promised him that. It was their biggest leverage piece to appeal to him. If he isn’t wearing an Ottawa Senators jersey playing a regulation NHL Hockey game before the 2017-18 season ends, I will have no idea why he signed with us.

I’m thinking vesey regrets not signing with Nashville. Look where he’d likely be now.

This going to FA trend by college kids will likely disappear in the end. Or get ironed out in the next CBA

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Wolanin working the 2nd PP on the skate right now.

Last edited by Lagoon on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Next year, gimme a Wolanin-Wideman bottom pair all day every day. Fireworks.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Wolanin working the 2nd PP on the skate right now.

Hopefully he gets some significant minutes to finish out the season here. If there was ever a time to give lots of minutes to the young 'uns....

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I wouldn’t be surprised if quality TOI was promised to him in order to get him to sign and not just burning his first year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised if quality TOI was promised to him in order to get him to sign and not just burning his first year.

Yeah, I imagine that's part of it, but if you're Sens management, don't you want the most # of young guys getting the max amount of ice time for evaluation purposes?

Take the Bruins, for example...Ryan Donato gets 19:40 ice time in his first NHL game, followed by 16:17 in his second.  And they're heading to the playoffs!

I look at Ottawa's lines from practice yesterday...we had one forward "prospect" on the roster in Chlapik, and he was centering the fourth line between Gaborik and Burrows.  That's puke-inducing. Puking2 I think Colin White averaged about 12 minutes of ice time this season with the Sens.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised if quality TOI was promised to him in order to get him to sign and not just burning his first year.

Yeah, I imagine that's part of it, but if you're Sens management, don't you want the most # of young guys getting the max amount of ice time for evaluation purposes?

Take the Bruins, for example...Ryan Donato gets 19:40 ice time in his first NHL game, followed by 16:17 in his second.  And they're heading to the playoffs!

I look at Ottawa's lines from practice yesterday...we had one forward "prospect" on the roster in Chlapik, and he was centering the fourth line between Gaborik and Burrows.  That's puke-inducing. Puking2  I think Colin White averaged about 12 minutes of ice time this season with the Sens.
Seems like it’s the Boucher way. Not sure it really works for the situation we seem to be in Ottawa

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

It’s disgusting and makes being a fan hard.

It is also in my opinion, the only reason Wolanin signed. We are an embarrassing organization right now from top to bottom. But the Sens were able to play him now and burn a year of his 2 year ELC. It is as simple as that. Nothing else enticed Wolanin in my opinion.

Our hestinancy with playing prospects this year indefensible.

Anyone that thinks Wolanin looked at the depth chart and saw an opportunity, is flat-out wrong in my opinion. Players talk to each other and they see what media and we as fans see when it comes to who gets playing time in Ottawa whether it is deserved or not.

What a Dung show.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

But if you're Dorion, how do you not have White/whoever up from Belleville and order Boucher to put 'em in the lineup and give them big minutes? I get not doing that earlier in the season, but it's truly garbage time now....

At least Wolanin is playing tonight....

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Wolanin is only playing tonight because he wouldn’t sign otherwise. That’s my opinion.

The fact that they have 4 AHL callups post deadline and used one on Jim O’Brien is laughable.

Dorion is a puppet to Melnyk in my opinion and isn’t allowed to make any decisions for himself. He chose that role though so I don’t care that his reputation is getting trashed right now.

Boucher on the other hand is just arrogant and stubborn and the wrong coach for this franchise in its current state.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum