GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 67]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:To NYI: Karlsson, Ryan
To Ottawa: 2 1st rd picks, Barzal, Toews, Nelson

Do you do it?
No.

Really? Barzal is a point a game player at 20 years old, Toews has top-four potential, plus two first rd picks, and you get Ryan off the books? What if Kieffer Bellows was included?

Your team would include: Stone, Duchene, Hoffman Dzingel, Barzal, Bellows, White, Brown, Formenton, Batherson, Perron, Gagne, two first rd picks, Sens 1st rd pick (Dhalin, Tkachuk, Zadina, Svechnikov, Boqvist), Ceci, Toews, Chabot, Jaros, Englund, Harpur.  

Picks and prospects are not sure things. You get Barzal but you likely lose Duchesne and Stone goes to arb for a one year deal to get him to UFA. Ryan being off the books just puts dollars in the owners pocket.

I figure Edmonton is on EKs no trade list but something like

Karlsson and Hoffman for Draisitl, Nurse and their 1st. That is a good hockey trade. Then you can mov Brass and Smith.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who else thinks that bobby playing tonight is to show teams he could be a contributor to a teams playoff run?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Im glad I’m not in Ottawa. The backlash is going to be enourmous.

They flatly will have to come out and say he wasn’t resigning. Anything else won’t fly.

Except they can't come out and say he won't resign because the negotiation period doesn't even open until July 1st.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Im glad I’m not in Ottawa. The backlash is going to be enourmous.

They flatly will have to come out and say he wasn’t resigning. Anything else won’t fly.

Except they can't come out and say he won't resign because the negotiation period doesn't even open until July 1st.

They can allude to it. They could say they felt They weren’t going to get the commitment from Karlsson.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What hilarious to me is how fans have been screaming for a rebuild and they said they would support that . Yet now completely different story

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oduya being held out of the game today, obviously for trading purposes. Should be quite the ovation for Karlsson at some point. Sad

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:What hilarious to me is how fans have been screaming for a rebuild and they said they would support that . Yet now completely different story
Fans haven’t been screaming for a rebuild, we just went through one for the past 4 years. It may not have been a full tear down rebuild but with all the pieces that have graduated since the mark stones Hoffman’s to the ones coming up, our window should have technically be opening. This year was a dud year because management/ownership failed to evaluate and act the needs of the franchise and instead of putting their money where their mouth is and coughing up what it takes in a re-tooling they are packing it in because this franchise is run on a shoestring. With an ever dwindling front office that never sees an injection of staff and an owner that is looking to operate with the lowest salary next year, I’m sorry but this team will continue to swim in mediocrity for a long time. 

It’s quite clear to everyone except a few ostriches what should have happened, last year, new ownership. Before this whole mess took over.
Melnyk shot the cannon at his own boat and it’s sinking.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:What hilarious to me is how fans have been screaming for a rebuild and they said they would support that . Yet now completely different story
Fans haven’t been screaming for a rebuild, we just went through one for the past 4 years. It may not have been a full tear down rebuild but with all the pieces that have graduated since the mark stones Hoffman’s to the ones coming up, our window should have technically be opening. This year was a dud year because management/ownership failed to evaluate and act the needs of the franchise and instead of putting their money where their mouth is and coughing up what it takes in a re-tooling they are packing it in because this franchise is run on a shoestring. With an ever dwindling front office that never sees an injection of staff and an owner that is looking to operate with the lowest salary next year, I’m sorry but this team will continue to swim in mediocrity for a long time. 

It’s quite clear to everyone except a few ostriches what should have happened, last year, new ownership. Before this whole mess took over.

Sorry no, I’ve seen plenty of people saying they need to rebuild and do it right like the leafs. But now that it looks we we may do that, the fans are screaming at Melnyk and saying they won’t be going to games. There’s one consistent theme here. This market sucks, filled with hypocritical cheap fans. The sens have never rebuilt, and as I said fans would never support it yet I was told otherwise.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

Pretty sure that's false. They can't *sign* him until then, but there's absolutely nothing to stop a team from discussing their future with one of the players they have under contract.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Sorry no, I’ve seen plenty of people saying they need to rebuild and do it right like the leafs. But now that it looks we we may do that, the fans are screaming at Melnyk and saying they won’t be going to games. There’s one consistent theme here. This market sucks, filled with hypocritical cheap fans. The sens have never rebuilt, and as I said fans would never support it yet I was told otherwise.

Maybe some fans have said that but I think the consensus has been that we were on the verge of contending and last year happened. We went much further than we likely should have. The org didn’t make this team better. I don’t call taking Turris out and putting duchene enoug of an improvement. We all knew, all of us, that we should have brought in a top 6 LW and a top 4 D. Yet the org played the cheapskate card, again.
This team was on the verge of contending not of rebuilding. But this owner is too much of a cheapskate to contend with how it’s needed. Rebuilding is the cheapest way forward. There is no Cussing reason we should be rebuilding now. We don’t even have our first next year. And if I’m wrong then why did the org trade it away? They obviously agreed that we were right there too. But no, they won’t pay the real price. Or HE won’t pay the price that’s needed. And now this team is gonna be stripped and we likely won’t even get the best return because they will save money by packaging up bobby Ryan.

At one point Ev you’re gonna have to be able to see the forest from the trees.

It’s so obvious how we’ve gotten to this mess.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Why do you need to rebuild when you have one of the best dmen in the league and stone and duchene, and Hoffman. Such a big mistake if that's the case.

If karlsson wants out you need to get great pieces. This team still has a lot of solid pieces, a rebuild is unnecessary. A retool is necessary.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Why do you need to rebuild when you have one of the best dmen in the league and stone and duchene, and Hoffman.  Such a big mistake if that's the case.  

If karlsson wants out you need to get great pieces.  This team still has a lot of solid pieces, a rebuild is unnecessary.  A retool is necessary.
Yeah I dunno why we should be rebuilding, more like a retool if you ask me. If ownership would invest in this team instead of skirting around it we could be fine. As for karlsson, if indeed he does want to leave I believe it’s because of how the team has chosen to operate in the past few years. I don’t blame him. I blame the team. And it will continue to happen until ownership isn’t so toxic.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Why do you need to rebuild when you have one of the best dmen in the league and stone and duchene, and Hoffman.  Such a big mistake if that's the case.  

If karlsson wants out you need to get great pieces.  This team still has a lot of solid pieces, a rebuild is unnecessary.  A retool is necessary.

I didn’t think we need to rebuild. Which we won’t in my Kijiji. I was just saying a lot of fans were screaming for that

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Once again: if you Diddle up this trade you set us back 5 years and alienate a good chunk of the fan base. Proceed with extreme caution.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fan base is already alienated.... Trading Karlsson is bad.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For sure, but if we get a great return it'll ease the pain a bit. What a mess....wow

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Two of Dorion's worst transactions waived today.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oduya was the most minor signing. Not a bad transaction

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum