GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Pokka to the KHL. Big loss for Belleville in my opinion. Lost Dido for nothing.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Pokka to the KHL. Big loss for Belleville in my opinion. Lost Dido for nothing.

Since he's a RFA, I guess we retain his NHL rights or something like that?

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, Dido is a UFA if I remember correctly, but it was still a surprisingly low return on Dido. We do indeed retain Pokka’s rights however. Shocking to me that he never once got to see NHL action in his 4 years since being drafted. He is what he is and that’s an offensive Dman and PP quarterback that has but up 30+ points in all 4 pro seasons he’s had. I’d like to see what they do in Belleville next season and how players are used. There were a lot of questionable decisions down there and with callups here. I’m not suggesting a one game callup could have kept him in NA, but if he was in their plans for 2019, I couldn’t have hurt. I mean it’s not like our right side didn’t need help at the end of the year when Karlsson was out and we had callups to burn. Watch him have an excellent World Championships now. He’s the lone Dman on PP1 and ahead of Honka who is on PP2.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Yeah, Dido is a UFA if I remember correctly, but it was still a surprisingly low return on Dido. We do indeed retain Pokka’s rights however. Shocking to me that he never once got to see NHL action in his 4 years since being drafted. He is what he is and that’s an offensive Dman and PP quarterback that has but up 30+ points in all 4 pro seasons he’s had. I’d like to see what they do in Belleville next season and how players are used. There were a lot of questionable decisions down there and with callups here. I’m not suggesting a one game callup could have kept him in NA, but if he was in their plans for 2019, I couldn’t have hurt. I mean it’s not like our right side didn’t need help at the end of the year when Karlsson was out and we had callups to burn. Watch him have an excellent World Championships now. He’s the lone Dman on PP1 and ahead of Honka who is on PP2.

I don’t think there was ever a plan to have him play in Ottawa. I think they saw him as an AHLer. The org never bothered to mention him with any positive light.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, I’m not going to question last seasons decisions anymore. KK is gone and Boucher is on thin-ice. That’s all that matters. People being held accountable so far.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Yeah, I’m not going to question last seasons decisions anymore. KK is gone and Boucher is on thin-ice. That’s all that matters. People being held accountable so far.

I'd be curious to see what kind of leash Boucher gets. He's kind of in a lose-lose situation unless he has immediate and sustainable on-ice success with a young, inexperienced team. I still believe that Smith, Ceci, Claesson are as good as gone with Hoffman and Karlsson being potentially moved as well. I am not sure what the lineup will look like at all but assuming Hoffman as Karlsson are still Sens:

Hoffman-Duchene-XXXX
Dzingel-XXXX-Ryan
XXXX-Pageau-Gaborik
McCormick-Pyatt-Burrows

XXXX-Karlsson
Chabot-XXXXX
Wolanin-Boro

Anderson
Ryan

Formenton, Brown, Batherson, Perron, Chlapik, White battling for 2-3 spots

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Everything - EVERYTHING - hinges on signing Karlsson on the first available day. Letting it ride means you can't move forward with a summer plan. So, no point in even talking about anything until they either sign him (improbable) or don't (probable).

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

i think they already have a plan. They better.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:i think they already have a plan. They better.

What plan is that gonna be though? They know already that he won't sign here and are prepped to trade him at the draft is all I can think of. Otherwise this team isn't known for their plans - see last summer for example when everyone and their cat knew we needed a big time D-man and the team thought they were A-OK.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Yeah, I’m not going to question last seasons decisions anymore. KK is gone and Boucher is on thin-ice. That’s all that matters. People being held accountable so far.

I'd be curious to see what kind of leash Boucher gets. He's kind of in a lose-lose situation unless he has immediate and sustainable on-ice success with a young, inexperienced team. I still believe that Smith, Ceci, Claesson are as good as gone with Hoffman and Karlsson being potentially moved as well. I am not sure what the lineup will look like at all but assuming Hoffman as Karlsson are still Sens:

Hoffman-Duchene-XXXX
Dzingel-XXXX-Ryan
XXXX-Pageau-Gaborik
McCormick-Pyatt-Burrows

XXXX-Karlsson
Chabot-XXXXX
Wolanin-Boro

Anderson
Ryan

Formenton, Brown, Batherson, Perron, Chlapik, White battling for 2-3 spots
Have you traded stone?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Boucher benched him for Burrows. Is that bad?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

What plan is that gonna be though?  They know already that he won't sign here and are prepped to trade him at the draft is all I can think of.  Otherwise this team isn't known for their plans - see last summer for example when everyone and their cat knew we needed a big time D-man and the team thought they were A-OK.

Dorion said they wouldn’t trade him at the draft but they sure as Dung will likely trade him after July 1st. At this point it’s all about optics. They need to look like they did everything to resign him. I just hope Karlsson is vocal about the shenanigans they were up to. I don’t think the fan base would ever be mad if he came out and said he wants to play for a team that is trying to be competitive and is backed by a supportive owner and not a clown.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

What plan is that gonna be though?  They know already that he won't sign here and are prepped to trade him at the draft is all I can think of.  Otherwise this team isn't known for their plans - see last summer for example when everyone and their cat knew we needed a big time D-man and the team thought they were A-OK.

And yes, kalrsson would likely still be here had we actually invested in a top 4 Dman and a top 6 forward in the off season via trade or FA. We still might have not made the playoffs since goaltending shat the bed but players would have realized it was much more likely on them.

Instead it’s all on ownership. Diddle Melnyk. I’m still seething

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’m just as mad right now, but imagine how bad it would be if they let Karlsson leave. That’s why he won’t in my opinion, until all options have been exhausted and also to give the Sens a chance to blame Karlsson for leaving.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

According to Alfie, 65 wants to stay, so this is all Melnyk now. Cough up the 88 million or whatever or be vilified for life.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Alfie is just publicly stating what Karlsson has already said. Who knows what the truth is though?

Where did The Alfie state this?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Someone tweeted be it. I think it was during one of the interviews when he was induced into the IIHF Hall of Fame.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here: https://www.si.com/nhl/2018/05/22/daniel-alfredsson-iihf-hall-fame

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum