GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I actually could see Edmonton trading their 1st for hoff. If we lost karlsson then I thinks it’s a logical move as we’d definitely be in a rebuild. And EV just likes disagreeing. Put off next to mcdavid and you get 30+. Case and point, Patrick Maroon.
no I’m not just disagreeing, I don’t think Hoffman is ever going to be a consistent scorer. He’s way too streaky and nonchalant a lot of time. Just playing next to a superstar isn’t a guarantee to get 30 goals and lost I checked maroon didn’t score 30 and was Dung this year (was traded).
Said it before and I’ll say it again , Hoffman is the most overrated player in sens history
Maroon didn’t play with mcdavid and hadn’t even been close to a prolific scorer before ever lining up with him. 
Hoffman is much better. Was able to get 20 some goals without much PP time in that year under Cameron.
He’s fast and would kill it with mcdavid

Being fast doesn't mean anything when he barely uses the speed he has and dogs it every other game. It pains me how people do not see the way he plays does not contribute to winning. It's like a wide receiver in football. Not that important.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I actually could see Edmonton trading their 1st for hoff. If we lost karlsson then I thinks it’s a logical move as we’d definitely be in a rebuild. And EV just likes disagreeing. Put off next to mcdavid and you get 30+. Case and point, Patrick Maroon.
no I’m not just disagreeing, I don’t think Hoffman is ever going to be a consistent scorer. He’s way too streaky and nonchalant a lot of time. Just playing next to a superstar isn’t a guarantee to get 30 goals and lost I checked maroon didn’t score 30 and was Dung this year (was traded).
Said it before and I’ll say it again , Hoffman is the most overrated player in sens history
Maroon didn’t play with mcdavid and hadn’t even been close to a prolific scorer before ever lining up with him. 
Hoffman is much better. Was able to get 20 some goals without much PP time in that year under Cameron.

Being fast doesn't mean anything when he barely uses the speed he has and dogs it every other game. It pains me how people do not see the way he plays does not contribute to winning. It's like a wide receiver in football. Not that important.

The problem is Hoffman has a great toolset so we see what he could be, but he just cant use the tools properly. Again, he is complimentary but we do not have an internal replacement at this point.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Spitting straight fire. You could have just said when one tries to compare the talents Maroon to Hoffman, you don’t have time to educate Ev on his level of ignorance. But you did I much better than I ever could have.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Spitting straight fire. You could have just said when one tries to compare the talents Maroon to Hoffman, you don’t have time to educate Ev on his level of ignorance. But you did I much better than I ever could have.

No Dung they are completely different players in terms of talent, you moron.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hoffman has a lethal shot, he's a good stick handler, and he's fast. I think we can all agree on that. He also leaves a lot to be desired. He's a predictable, shoot first player who's defensive play is poor and his play without the puck is questionable.

Chiarelli and the Oilers are in panic mode. They traded two top-six (I'd argue top three) forwards for a mid-level defenceman and a fringe top-nine forward. They need someone who can come in immediately and help offensively. I believe that player to be Hoffman, who I agree we don't have a replacement for internally, but will have scored less than 25 goals this season. He is overrated as a goal scorer - plain and simple. He's meshed well with Duchene but so has Ryan, Stone, Dzingel and just about everyone else who has played with him.

If you can get a top 10 pick for Hoffman you do it. The more cap room we save, the better. If the season were to end today and the balls fall statistically, we would have the 2nd and 21st picks. If we get Edmonton's 1st we could get the 9th pick and potentially use the 21st pick to move up in the draft. That's a lot of ammo and prospects coming down the pipe. Do we need Hoffman if Ryan stays healthy and plays with Duchene and Stone? Probably not. We have Dzingel who can score just as much as Hoffman as well.

The priority should be signing a partner for Karlsson and Chabot, and opening up as many roster spots as possible to allow some of our prospects to play. If we draft Zadina or Svech I expect them to play next season. Add in White and Chlapik, maybe even Gagne or Formenton and all of a sudden we have a young, fast team anchored by 4-5 vets.

Ryan-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-White
Zadina-Chlapik-Gaborik
McCormick-Pyatt-Gagne

XXXXX-Karlsson
Chabot-XXXXX
Boro-Wideman
Harpur

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

But but but, I thought you couldn’t see my posts unless they were quoted. More talking out your Donkey? Go figure. Stick to giving your opinion kid, not facts. You aren’t good with those.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Hoffman has a lethal shot, he's a good stick handler, and he's fast. I think we can all agree on that. He also leaves a lot to be desired. He's a predictable, shoot first player who's defensive play is poor and his play without the puck is questionable.

Chiarelli and the Oilers are in panic mode. They traded two top-six (I'd argue top three) forwards for a mid-level defenceman and a fringe top-nine forward. They need someone who can come in immediately and help offensively. I believe that player to be Hoffman, who I agree we don't have a replacement for internally, but will have scored less than 25 goals this season. He is overrated as a goal scorer - plain and simple. He's meshed well with Duchene but so has Ryan, Stone, Dzingel and just about everyone else who has played with him.

If you can get a top 10 pick for Hoffman you do it. The more cap room we save, the better.  If the season were to end today and the balls fall statistically, we would have  the 2nd and 21st picks. If we get Edmonton's 1st we could get the 9th pick and potentially use the 21st pick to move up in the draft. That's a lot of ammo and prospects coming down the pipe. Do we need Hoffman if Ryan stays healthy and plays with Duchene and Stone? Probably not. We have Dzingel who can score just as much as Hoffman as well.

The priority should be signing a partner for Karlsson and Chabot, and opening up as many roster spots as possible to allow some of our prospects to play. If we draft Zadina or Svech I expect them to play next season. Add in White and Chlapik, maybe even Gagne or Formenton and all of a sudden we have a young, fast team anchored by 4-5 vets.

Ryan-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-White
Zadina-Chlapik-Gaborik
McCormick-Pyatt-Gagne

XXXXX-Karlsson
Chabot-XXXXX
Boro-Wideman
Harpur

A lot would have to happen for your plan to fall into place, but I like it. I still think people are over-looking how good Wolanin has been, and is. I want Wideman with Wolanin. You’ve eliminated Ceci, Hoffman, Smith, Gaborik, Burrows. Three of those players should bring in instant replacement or uber-prospects, therefore your projected lineup will probably tweak a bit more. I do see a very different team next year and I hope it isn’t Boucher behind the bench because I want youth and speed. We have so many quality centres in the pipeline. I love it.

Last edited by Lagoon on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Hoffman has a lethal shot, he's a good stick handler, and he's fast. I think we can all agree on that. He also leaves a lot to be desired. He's a predictable, shoot first player who's defensive play is poor and his play without the puck is questionable.

If you can get a top 10 pick for Hoffman you do it. The more cap room we save, the better.  If the season were to end today and the balls fall statistically, we would have  the 2nd and 21st picks. If we get Edmonton's 1st we could get the 9th pick and potentially use the 21st pick to move up in the draft. That's a lot of ammo and prospects coming down the pipe. Do we need Hoffman if Ryan stays healthy and plays with Duchene and Stone? Probably not. We have Dzingel who can score just as much as Hoffman as well.

Ryan-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-White
Zadina-Chlapik-Gaborik
McCormick-Pyatt-Gagne

XXXXX-Karlsson
Chabot-XXXXX
Boro-Wideman
Harpur
If you are running with Pageau as 2nd line centre, you aren't making the playoffs. I like Pageau but he is so overrated by Sens fans it's ridiculous. How can a reasonably objective fan see Pageau as a 2LC and not see Ceci as a solid 2nd pairing Dman. It boggles my mind.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

But but but, I thought you couldn’t see my posts unless they were quoted. More talking out your Donkey? Go figure. Stick to giving your opinion kid, not facts. You aren’t good with those.
Can you please stop baiting Ev. There is finally some decent discussion on this site but it will continually be derailed if you don't let it go. Please.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’m calling out his posts for being inaccurate. He calls me a moron and a psychopath. I’m good thanks.

Decent discussion isn’t someone who disagrees with everything and pretends to know better. If he wants to keep pretending he is actually other GM’s, owners and insiders, I will be here to call him wrong.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

What value does that provide. Everybody else has learned how to take Ev's posts for what they are. His style is to state his opinions as facts, its no big deal, just a style. Personal insults have no place here so I agree, the moron and psychopath comments need to stop as well.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

In that case, I must have missed your public post where you called him out for personal insults against me. All I saw was the one where I was in the wrong for telling Ev he isn’t the GM of the Oilers and doesn’t know what they would give us for Hoffman. My bad.

If his style is ok with you guys, mine will be too. Cheers.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:

Ryan-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-White
Zadina-Chlapik-Gaborik
McCormick-Pyatt-Gagne

XXXXX-Karlsson
Chabot-XXXXX
Boro-Wideman
Harpur
If you are running with Pageau as 2nd line centre, you aren't making the playoffs.  I like Pageau but he is so overrated by Sens fans it's ridiculous.   How can a reasonably objective fan see Pageau as a 2LC and not see Ceci as a solid 2nd pairing Dman.  It boggles my mind.

I don't think they're making the playoffs next year. I think I said in 2 years they'll start competing for a spot? Having Pageau there for now gives Brown a year to develop in the AHL and takes top-six pressure off of Chlapik and White as potential centers. Chlapik, White, and Brown all project to be top-six players. With Pageau starting there next season it provides some of the younger guys with an opportunity to develop outside top-six pressure. The point I am making is I don't think Ottawa should be handing out multi-year contracts to players where positions can be filled internally within the next 2-3 years. It's the same argument for why I think they should keep Ryan. Formenton and Batherson will be NHLers (most likely) and will be on ELCs or RFA bridge contract. Getting rid of Ryan is pointless. You may as well keep him around as a vet presence. There is still a cap floor the Sens need to hit and over the next 3-4 years they won't be anywhere close to the ceiling. By the time they need to re-sign some of their younger players Ryan will be gone. Don't spend money unnecessarily. Take the year to see what you got and let your players develop. This is also the reason I see Boucher gone. He doesn't seem to understand player development and the importance of getting younger players minutes even if it means they make mistakes and lose games.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

You have some great opinions and vision. I think we will see some big changes this offseason, maybe not as massive as you are suggesting, unless Boucher is canned.

Sexton sent back down today. One callup left. Will it be used on Gustavsson like I hoped for a couple days ago?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:You have some great opinions and vision. I think we will see some big changes this offseason, maybe not as massive as you are suggesting, unless Boucher is canned.

Sexton sent back down today. One callup left. Will it be used on Gustavsson like I hoped for a couple days ago?

Would you?

To EDM: Ceci and Hoffman
To OTT: Klefbom and EDM 1st

As for Gustavsson, I hope he doesn't get called up. He might win us a few games Smile Give White the chance to close the season in Ottawa and get some confidence

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

The Sens have signed college free agent forward Andrew Sturtz to a two-year entry-level contract beginning in 2018-19.

Sturtz, 23, led the NCAA's Penn State University Nittany Lions in scoring during his junior season with 40 points, including 14 goals. Over three college seasons, the 5-8, 185-pound, Buffalo native scored 54 goals and recorded 104 points in 111 career games. His 54 career goals see him lead all-time goal scorers in program's history.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:You have some great opinions and vision. I think we will see some big changes this offseason, maybe not as massive as you are suggesting, unless Boucher is canned.

Would you?

As for Gustavsson, I hope he doesn't get called up. He might win us a few games Smile Give White the chance to close the season in Ottawa and get some confidence

I personally don’t think we should be trading Hoffman (or kalrsson for that matter) but if those things are to happen I’m worried. Klefbom is a left handed Dman. Loosing ceci and kalrsson or even one of each leaves us with a hole on that side. I don’t like the idea of chabot playing his offside.

I imagine you meant left side with Oscar playing with karlsson. I’m still unsure. Creating a hole on the left wing.

We should be realistic, we’re not gonna starthalf à rookie team.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Would you?

If, like you surmised and opined a couple days ago, Edmonton’s pick was in the 7-10 range, I would do that. That’s a hockey trade. Very lateral from both sides that need to do something. The bill is fit on both sides. More risk for us though and to me, that would signal a tear down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum