GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Edmonton would never trade their 1st for Hoffman.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Facepalm Every post he just needs to not only disagree but tell you what will actually happen like he knows.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Facepalm Every post he just needs to not only disagree but tell you what will actually happen like he knows.

Ya I am curious why they wouldn't trade a 1st rd top-10 pick for a player capable of scoring 30+ goals and a natural fit with McDavid. You don't think Edmonton is feeling the pressure to make the playoffs after they did last season or feeling a need to add a top-six forward after the bonehead Eberle and Hall trades? They have organizational depth (Rattie, Yamamoto, and Puljujarvii) and a pressing need to make the playoffs now vs adding another prospect to their already deep pool.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Chiarelli is on thin ice. I think most GM's would trade a 1st rd pick for 30+ goal scorer, especially one who's job is on the line.

Hell, Pitt traded their 1st rd pick and top goalie prospect for a worse player.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Facepalm Every post he just needs to not only disagree but tell you what will actually happen like he knows.

Ya I am curious why they wouldn't trade a 1st rd top-10 pick for a player capable of scoring 30+ goals and a natural fit with McDavid. You don't think Edmonton is feeling the pressure to make the playoffs after they did last season or feeling a need to add a top-six forward after the bonehead Eberle and Hall trades? They have organizational depth (Rattie, Yamamoto, and Puljujarvii) and a pressing need to make the playoffs now vs adding another prospect to their already deep pool.

Don’t be curious. Ev doesn’t have a clue about what Edmonton will do or won’t do. There was nothing wrong with your post as you were clearly giving your opinion and hopes for Ottawa.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Chiarelli is on thin ice. I think most GM's would trade a 1st rd pick for 30+ goal scorer, especially one who's job is on the line.

Exactly. Ryan Reaves got a 1st rounder too. Now you can say that was a different time and different circumstance, but every trade is original. DefenceWinsChanpionships very clearly admitted he didn’t know Edmonton’s draft position and was simply saying, if Edmonton drafted around 10th, Hoffman to Edmonton was what he would like to see.

If I didn’t like calling out Dung, I’d have Ev blocked. Mr. KnowItAll makes it too easy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Good lord Lagoon is a psychopath. Glad I can only see his posts in other people's quotes. So obviously a troll it hurts.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Chiarelli is on thin ice. I think most GM's would trade a 1st rd pick for 30+ goal scorer, especially one who's job is on the line.

Hoffman is not and never has been a 30 goal scorer. This myth needs to die.

Pittsburgh traded a late 1st. Edmonton's will not be late.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

Hoffman is not and never has been a 30 goal scorer. This myth needs to die.

Pittsburgh traded a late 1st. Edmonton's will not be late.

You're right. He's been close to 30. I think with McDavid he can meet that Mark. Pitt traded a late 1st and a high-end prospect. The high-end prospect is worth more than a first IMO. Fact is I think people overrate 1st rd picks. They're seen like gold in the NHL but in most circumstances I think a GM would trade a 'sure thing' for a pick, especially when a GM needs to get back into the playoffs.

I really don't think Hoffman for the 7-10th overall pick is a bad trade for either team. It satisfies a need for both parties.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I don't see Edmonton trading a top 10 pick for Hoffman either, but we'll see.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I actually could see Edmonton trading their 1st for hoff. If we lost karlsson then I thinks it’s a logical move as we’d definitely be in a rebuild. And EV just likes disagreeing. Put off next to mcdavid and you get 30+. Case and point, Patrick Maroon.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

High end picks have become much more valuable than they used to be. With cost certainty of the ELC they are gold. Case in point, if the Rangers won the draft lottery do you think they would trade Dahlin for Karlsson straight up. How about Karlsson for the
Pick the leafs used to take Matthews.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I actually could see Edmonton trading their 1st for hoff. If we lost karlsson then I thinks it’s a logical move as we’d definitely be in a rebuild. And EV just likes disagreeing. Put off next to mcdavid and you get 30+. Case and point, Patrick Maroon.
no I’m not just disagreeing, I don’t think Hoffman is ever going to be a consistent scorer. He’s way too streaky and nonchalant a lot of time. Just playing next to a superstar isn’t a guarantee to get 30 goals and lost I checked maroon didn’t score 30 and was Dung this year (was traded).
Said it before and I’ll say it again , Hoffman is the most overrated player in sens history

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Hoffman is a complimentary piece. He is moveable, but there needs to be a good return and an internal replacement. We don't have the replacement now, but we may after the draft lottery.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I actually could see Edmonton trading their 1st for hoff. If we lost karlsson then I thinks it’s a logical move as we’d definitely be in a rebuild. And EV just likes disagreeing. Put off next to mcdavid and you get 30+. Case and point, Patrick Maroon.
no I’m not just disagreeing, I don’t think Hoffman is ever going to be a consistent scorer. He’s way too streaky and nonchalant a lot of time. Just playing next to a superstar isn’t a guarantee to get 30 goals and lost I checked maroon didn’t score 30 and was Dung this year (was traded).
Said it before and I’ll say it again , Hoffman is the most overrated player in sens history
Maroon didn’t play with mcdavid and hadn’t even been close to a prolific scorer before ever lining up with him. 
Hoffman is much better. Was able to get 20 some goals without much PP time in that year under Cameron.
He’s fast and would kill it with mcdavid

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Maroon didn’t play with mcdavid and hadn’t even been close to a prolific scorer before ever lining up with him. 
Hoffman is much better. Was able to get 20 some goals without much PP time in that year under Cameron.

Being fast doesn't mean anything when he barely uses the speed he has and dogs it every other game. It pains me how people do not see the way he plays does not contribute to winning. It's like a wide receiver in football. Not that important.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Being fast doesn't mean anything when he barely uses the speed he has and dogs it every other game. It pains me how people do not see the way he plays does not contribute to winning. It's like a wide receiver in football. Not that important.

The problem is Hoffman has a great toolset so we see what he could be, but he just cant use the tools properly. Again, he is complimentary but we do not have an internal replacement at this point.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Spitting straight fire. You could have just said when one tries to compare the talents Maroon to Hoffman, you don’t have time to educate Ev on his level of ignorance. But you did I much better than I ever could have.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum