GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Interesting read.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/OttawaSenators/comments/7ith31/long_what_its_like_working_for_the_sens_a/?__twitter_impression=true

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Talking about a Karlsson trade isn't ridiculous. They need to discuss that given the way he's played.

If you trade kalrsson and he declines as a player then you likely look like a you knew something, but still, he could have helped you win. If you trade him and he becomes his old self again you likely never get another GM job.
If you keep him and he declines, it becomes the price of keeping important franchise players and any other GM’s would have done the same. If you keep him and he recovers you look like a genius.

The worst outcome of all these scenarios for the GM is trading him.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Talking about a Karlsson trade isn't ridiculous. They need to discuss that given the way he's played.

If you trade kalrsson and he declines as a player then you likely look like a you knew something, but still, he could have helped you win. If you trade him and he becomes his old self again you likely never get another GM job.
If you keep him and he declines, it becomes the price of keeping important franchise players and any other GM’s would have done the same. If you keep him and he recovers you look like a genius.

The worst outcome of all these scenarios for the GM is trading him.

Again you have to talk about it. I'm not saying trade him. But to dismiss it is foolish.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Liam Maguire of all people is reporting that the Sens are pretty much sold to an ownership group which includes Jeff Hunt.

Who knows.... At least it's a pleasant distraction from the ridiculous on-ice product.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Liam Maguire of all people is reporting that the Sens are pretty much sold to an ownership group which includes Jeff Hunt.  

Who knows....  At least it's a pleasant distraction from the ridiculous on-ice product.

I just saw a post with the same rumour on HFBoards.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

That's hilarious. Maguire likely heard it from the same place as I heard about Tomlinson and Ruddy/Greenberg. Jeff Hunt and Alfie would have a tiny piece but be the face of the group. Lots of chatter putting pieces together but if Maguire is saying it publicly it is probably close. The timing would align with NCC approval from what I understand.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, it's not like Maguire is Bob MacKenzie or anything, but hey, I'll take these distractions where I can get 'em.

THE ALFIE RETURNS AS OWNER/PLAYER.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

He still has a reputation to protect.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:He still has a reputation to protect.

His blogs are pretty cringey at the end of them lol

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, he doesn't have much of a reputation to protect. There's a reason he's blogging on Linked In.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Fair enough.  He can be a bit of an ahole sometimes for sure.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Well, it's not like Maguire is Bob MacKenzie or anything, but hey, I'll take these distractions where I can get 'em.

THE ALFIE RETURNS AS OWNER/PLAYER.  
If we’re honest here I prefer Alfie as an owner than a GM. At least he can somewhat have a better reputation if he’s on board and things go south on the ice. Also it would likely forever put to rest any idiots saying the Sens could relocate.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Now that there’s a nice little pile of kindle bunched up, let’s bring in Match and see what happens.

https://www.tsn.ca/turris-believes-melnyk-the-reason-he-s-no-longer-in-ottawa-1.942995

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seriously even mendes is talking about a rebuild. Honestly I cannot see that happening. There is no way we are in a place to rebuild. Retool maybe but we have all these great assets coming up and ready to go. If anything this rebuild is close to being over.
I just don’t get how this downfall has created so much hysteria. Yeah, we suck. But this can be fixed within the next two years. Jeez, it’s not rocket science. You might need to ship a few guys out, sign a few key FA’s, resign your key players and best of all this gives you an excuse to send a few players to other teams.

I just don’t see the need to tear it all down completely and start over. But you got to get duchene and kalrsson on new contracts or else yes, it’s doomed.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, there's no "rebuild" to be done here. The core is still the core that got us to the East Finals. Tampa had a Dung year last year. These things happen. We'll get through it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, there's no "rebuild" to be done here.  The core is still the core that got us to the East Finals.  Tampa had a Dung year last year.  These things happen.  We'll get through it.

Exactly. Cut the fat out. Get the young guns some playing time. Sign two good FA’s next summer and we’re right back in it. The young kids need to know what adversity looks like. This is definitely something that will teach them something. Although if this costs us Karlsson and duchene then it really kills our contending.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And Andy will be great next year if history serves us right.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

http://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/exclusive-senators-owner-melynk-not-selling-the-team-period

Facepalm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum