GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd do that deal for tavares. Ceci, Turris and pieces. Done and done

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I assume when the chips are down dorion will get two tops 6 players out of the deal. Because duchene for Turris is a marginal upgrade at best and still leaves us missing a real top six forward

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I'd do that deal for tavares.  Ceci, Turris and pieces.   Done and done

Yeah but one thing the isles aren’t looking for is D. Unless they plan on flipping back some D somewhere else.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I assume when the chips are down dorion will get two tops 6 players out of the deal.  Because duchene for Turris is a marginal upgrade at best and still leaves us missing a real top six forward

In terms of dynamism it’s not a marginal upgrade

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I assume when the chips are down dorion will get two tops 6 players out of the deal.  Because duchene for Turris is a marginal upgrade at best and still leaves us missing a real top six forward

Turris is pretty dynamic. Just a little undersized to be that extra level.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m not gonna lose any sleep loosing on duchene if it meant loosing Turris to get him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Turris is pretty dynamic. Just a little undersized to be that extra level.

Duchene is without question better offensively and has more pure skill and speed

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Duchene also has a lot more mileage on him and is more injury prone. Offensive numbers over last five years are very close.

Problem is, we could be losing Turris for nothing.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Duchene also has a lot more mileage on him and is more injury prone. Offensive numbers over last five years are very close.

Problem is, we could be losing Turris for nothing.

he's been pretty healthy and he has played in like 40 more games, not sure what you're talking about

Colorado has been terrible and his situation has been completely negative

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Turris played very sheltered minutes in Phoenix, in their bottom six, which is why he wanted to get moved in the first place. I stand by what I said, he has more mileage on his body.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Look I'm not saying he won't be an upgrade, just that it will be a snake upgrade than people think. Wouldn't be an upgrade at all in the first season here, as he will take time to adjust to all the changes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

All in all I'd prefer to keep Turris and add.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sporting News reporting that deal was scuttled when Turris' agent refused on the proposed extension. Nashville won't take an expiring contract. I think this means he wanted 8 from Nashville. He won't get 8 on the free agent market, he won't get 8 from the Sens, he won't get 8, period.

Gotta change the tune.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sporting News reporting that deal was scuttled when Turris' agent refused on the proposed extension.  Nashville won't take an expiring contract.  I think this means he wanted 8 from Nashville. He won't get 8 on the free agent market, he won't get 8 from the Sens, he won't get 8, period.

Gotta change the tune.
Who's his agent?
Hopefully not the same guy as anathasiou (or however you call him)

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Sporting News reporting that deal was scuttled when Turris' agent refused on the proposed extension.  Nashville won't take an expiring contract.  I think this means he wanted 8 from Nashville. He won't get 8 on the free agent market, he won't get 8 from the Sens, he won't get 8, period.

Gotta change the tune.
Who's his agent?
Hopefully not the same guy as anathasiou (or however you call him)

His agent is Kurt Overhardt.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He should switch to Over-easy.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Duchene officially on the move... Turris to Nashville.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

we give up a 1st and 3rd round at the draft Hammond and bowers and Turris

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum