GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

He should switch to Over-easy.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Duchene officially on the move... Turris to Nashville.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

we give up a 1st and 3rd round at the draft Hammond and bowers and Turris

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

no chance Dorion is done

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

big plus is we didnt give up white chabot and chalpik

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm a major duchene fan, always have been, but we might have given up a fuckload

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hammond is a money saving measure, Bowers could be nothing, won't know for a while. 1st and 3rd better than 1st and 2nd.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Happy for Hammond. He needs a second chance and wasn't going to get one here.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have a feeling Duchene will be amazing here

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, hopefully Duchene steps it up here. Should be motivated, especially next weekend! I'm still not sure why we wouldn't commit to Turris for 6 or 7 years, but ok.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He wanted more apparently to be here. That's the rumour

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I'm super excited about this, sorry to see Turris go but Duchene will be awesome!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hobiesens wrote:I'm super excited about this, sorry to see Turris go but Duchene will be awesome!

Oh boy, will he ever. I've wanted him on Ottawa forever

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

PTFlea wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:I'm super excited about this, sorry to see Turris go but Duchene will be awesome!

Oh boy, will he ever.  I've wanted him on Ottawa forever

Nice to see Ottawa actually pull the trigger on a trade, not just ongoing rumours turning into nothing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The more I think, the mid I'm impressed with what Dorion managed to get.

Turris extended for 6, which means the 8 he was asking for from the Sens was just him saying he wanted out. I don't know why, but something turned sour. Probably Melnyk's fault.

So we were going to lose Turris for nothing. We gave up a goalie making NHL money in the AHL and holding up Hogberg's development; a mid tier prospect and a 1st. 3rd round is nothing.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

If Duchesne proves to be a true top line player, then we win the trade.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:If Duchesne proves to be a true top line player, then we win the trade.  

Duchene is a slight upgrade over Turris. Turris wanted out for reasons unknown. But don't expect Duchene, after nearly a decade in the league, to suddenly become McDavid or Crosby.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:If Duchesne proves to be a true top line player, then we win the trade.  

Duchene is a slight upgrade over Turris. Turris wanted out for reasons unknown. But don't expect Duchene, after nearly a decade in the league, to suddenly become McDavid or Crosby.
Who said anything about a generational player, I said top line player. We currently have 1.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum